C Connor McMichael - London Knights, OHL (2019, 25th, WSH)

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I haven't been following him at all but I might have a chance to grab him in my fantasy league. Realistically, how does he project at the next level? I wasn't overly impressed during the WJC but I haven't watched that many games. What would you say is his number one or two skills that could potentially make him a star/superstar type player and on the other hand, what are one or two of his flaws that could prevent him from reaching that star/superstar status?

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Star and superstar statu are a reach... I grab him in my fantasy ligue draft, hope l’m Wrong but if he became a 60 pts center I Will be very happy!!

A good player, at WJC he impress me, was a spark plug in a depth role, next year he Will be a Go to guy

For skills take 10 min and read this treat, It worth it

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Barring any substantial changes, this is how I see the Caps next season.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wilson
Vrana-Kuznetsov-Oshie
McMichael-Eller-Panik
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Initially CMM will be on the 4th line but by the playoffs he'll supplant Hagelin. Leipsic is not tendered in this scenario. No issues with McMichael starting as a bottom six winger -- Kuznetsov started as 4LW when he came over and he was older and had played against men in the KHL.

Such a well built team. Caps are going to be hanging around for a while.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
McMichael is really on a D+1 tear. Not only maintaining his 2+ PPG this year, but adding to it with a 3 point night.

88 points in 41 games, 2.146 PPG thus far.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
McMichael is really on a D+1 tear. Not only maintaining his 2+ PPG this year, but adding to it with a 3 point night.

88 points in 41 games, 2.146 PPG thus far.
88 points in 41 games? That’s nutty. I’m not able to watch any of his games. Does he standout on ice as much as the numbers suggest?

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
88 points in 41 games? That’s nutty. I’m not able to watch any of his games. Does he standout on ice as much as the numbers suggest?

I feel he has another gear and hasn't been playing his best lately.

When he's engaged, the opposition doesn't stand a chance when the Knights have a powerplay. McMichael has a lethal wrist shot that if he's given space, it will find the back of the net. His puckhandling and vision are also superb.

I do feel that he needs someone on his line to enable him to succeed optimally. Foudy and Evangelista create a lot of space for McMichael (Evangelista especially).

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
He was not nominated it for it. The London Knights rep for the Red Tilson award is Liam Foudy. McMichael probably should have been the Knights nominee.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone that watched him in OHL think he is a regular in the Caps lineup next year?

After watching this playoff debacle, we need an injection of youth. Very high hopes for this guy.

Thanks.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone that watched him in OHL think he is a regular in the Caps lineup next year?

After watching this playoff debacle, we need an injection of youth. Very high hopes for this guy.

Thanks.

I think that he is, just too good player to buried in the AHL or where ever.
Not a Caps fan but, he should play in the top 6, top 9 next season in the NHL.

Reactions: Misery74

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Does anyone know if Connor McMichael is aiming for Czech dmen shins when he shoots? Or on the rare occasion when he does shoot with an actual open lane he sails it high and hits the glass behind the goal....yet hes out there every 3rd shift. Insane.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad