C Connor McMichael - London Knights, OHL (2019, 25th, WSH)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m sooooo glad the Devils went with 8’11” Shakir Mukhamaladoiliaianlin instead of this kid...... who needs a first line forward when you can have a 0.012123% chance of Shakir playing in the NHL.......
How did he fall to 25? Was it a neck injury that little was know about or am I thinking of Hendrix Lapierre

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I’m sooooo glad the Devils went with 8’11” Shakir Mukhamaladoiliaianlin instead of this kid...... who needs a first line forward when you can have a 0.012123% chance of Shakir playing in the NHL.......
How did he fall to 25? Was it a neck injury that little was know about or am I thinking of Hendrix Lapierre

McMichael was drafted in 2019. You're thinking of Lapierre

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Some (many?) scouts thought McMichael wasn't a good enough skater to warrant using a first round pick on. While ultimately his NHL success is still unknown, it certainly looks like he's improved his skating, and his other skills (most notably a crazy high hockey IQ) help him make the best of what he does have.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
McMichael picked up his first NHL point last night, a secondary assist on TJ Oshies second goal in the Caps 7-5 win over Ottawa.

He later added a primary assist on Oshies third goal late in the 2nd period.

Congrats to Connor.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This kid needs way more dap. He doesn't have some crazy unsustainable shooting percentage or puck luck right now so his raw stats are being pretty much unnoticed but he's starting to play an important role on one of the best teams in the league and his metrics are super impressive. Once his shooting percentage and offensive role start increasing - he's going to quickly become a much more noticeable two-way player by the average fan.

This is robust - for anybody really but especially for a rookie with little offensive usage. And I think it portends a brighter future than simply tallying up early season/career goal and assist numbers:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Even with a mountain of forward injuries, the Capitals still can't find a regular spot for him in their lineup. Why is he in the NHL then? Get him to Hershey already or trade him.
It's truly depressing after seeing how he was putting up very strong possession numbers and solid production for his minutes in his short playing time last year, Laviolette always has had a young guy that he's had in the doghouse every year he's been HC. First it was Siegenthaler, then it was Vrana, last year it was McMichael, and now this year its... McMichael.

Although, he was supposed to be in Hershey earlier according to a beat writer, however injuries to two more forwards as well as the likely NAK suspension is probably going to stall that. No idea how he isn't cracking this lineup though.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad