C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
the brightside for the oilers if they win the McDavid sweeps, they might actually trade one of their valuable forwards for a real defenseman.

I'd much rather see him in Buffalo though. Outside of the last year, atleast they've tried to win.

Well we can assure you they aint trying to win now either. I would like Calgary or some team like Arizona to get Mc David.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Well, I'll try to write this out as simple as possible. Because it seems you're gonna argue everything I say, even the sky is blue.. (it is blue, right?)

1) Media is going to coin this draft as a 2 horse race. It couldn't be further from the truth. But, they got you thinking that Eichel has a chance of taking first so I'm sure you're watching more of his games because you got suckered into believing that.

2) Exceptional entrance to CHL. The last 3 fifteen-year old players granted exceptional status? Ekblad, Tavares, and Crosby. What do they have in common? Drafted first overall and lead their respective draft class in points (too early to tell impact Ekblad will have)

3) Has been recognized as a generational talent since he was pre teenager. The hockey world knew about him, and they had faith in him for a reason. Up until 3 months ago I didn't know who Eichel even was, yet alone to contend with McDavid?

Perhaps you should read the signs and admit that McDavid is a better prospect, and more likely to go 1st compared to Eichel, and that's no slight to Eichel. But don't sit here and tell me they're neck and neck.

Albeit a small sample size, I think his 2.77 ppg is helping solidify his case even more. Crosby's was 2.7
If you don't want to read all this just skip to my last paragraph which sums up how I feel about both of them haha:

1) I think mcDavid is better which I've said and I believe he will go first. They are vey close though, you haven't seen eichel play and I'm not "sucked" into believing it. Eichel has done incredible things at his age too. I don't think think he will go first but he isn't that much of a lesser player than mcDavid.

2) yes I'm aware of exceptional status. I follow prospects very heavily, i was aware of all these players when they were 13/14 years old. You are misunderstanding me. I said McDavid is going to go first because he is better (but not as much as you think) and because of the hype from the last 3 or 4 years. But until you see Eichel a decent amount you won't understand that he is very close, if not on, Mcdavid's level.

3)Eichel gets recognized as a generational talent too by some but imo neither will be. Both will be 100 point players imo. Eichel has been hyped for a couple years now too and you've only heard about him for 3 months? I'm not being rude at all but you need to pay closer attention haha. This kid is damn good too.

I don't have to read any signs. I know McDavid will go first, I like him more and he is imo a little better player. When I say neck and neck I mean talent wise and how good they are. They are very close. No point comparing his numbers to Crosby's because the leagues have changed and they played in different leagues anyways but that's beyond the point. Eichel is going to do amazing things this year in the NCAA and people will notice, not many players have a first game like he did.

You've just misunderstood me. I like McDavid more and I know he will go first but talent wise they are both close and both amazing (edge to McDavid). He will be the better player but not by that much. His hype has been crazy for 3 or 4 years and add that to his performance so far and that will make him damn tough to stop. I like McDavid more too btw

Connor Mcdavey*

If you don't want to read all this just skip to my last paragraph which sums up how I feel about both of them haha:

1) I think mcDavid is better which I've said and I believe he will go first. They are vey close though, you haven't seen eichel play and I'm not "sucked" into believing it. Eichel has done incredible things at his age too. I don't think think he will go first but he isn't that much of a lesser player than mcDavid.

2) yes I'm aware of exceptional status. I follow prospects very heavily, i was aware of all these players when they were 13/14 years old. You are misunderstanding me. I said McDavid is going to go first because he is better (but not as much as you think) and because of the hype from the last 3 or 4 years. But until you see Eichel a decent amount you won't understand that he is very close, if not on, Mcdavid's level.

3)Eichel gets recognized as a generational talent too by some but imo neither will be. Both will be 100 point players imo. Eichel has been hyped for a couple years now too and you've only heard about him for 3 months? I'm not being rude at all but you need to pay closer attention haha. This kid is damn good too.

I don't have to read any signs. I know McDavid will go first, I like him more and he is imo a little better player. When I say neck and neck I mean talent wise and how good they are. They are very close. No point comparing his numbers to Crosby's because the leagues have changed and they played in different leagues anyways but that's beyond the point. Eichel is going to do amazing things this year in the NCAA and people will notice, not many players have a first game like he did.

You've just misunderstood me. I like McDavid more and I know he will go first but talent wise they are both close and both amazing (edge to McDavid). He will be the better player but not by that much. His hype has been crazy for 3 or 4 years and add that to his performance so far and that will make him damn tough to stop. I like McDavid more too btw

haha I don't mind reading the whole post, a lot of good information!

Sorry if I misunderstood you, mentally not all there .. been studying for some exams these last 2 days straight, I'm starting to see fuzzy ;) will be an exciting draft nonetheless

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
haha I don't mind reading the whole post, a lot of good information!

Sorry if I misunderstood you, mentally not all there .. been studying for some exams these last 2 days straight, I'm starting to see fuzzy ;) will be an exciting draft nonetheless

Haha it's all good. Lots of great players in this draft.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site

Let's stop kidding ourselves. This two horse race is a media creation. Eichel is good. McDavid is so far ahead of him it's not close.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
LOL. This will be the 9th year without the playoffs, and you guys are still all aboard the tank train. This will be the 4th year without playoffs for the Sabres and I'm already bored of it.

When you have clowns in management and Dallas Eakins coaching it makes it somewhat entertaining.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto is not that far out of reach at this point. Terrible team in contention for McDavid.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Let's stop kidding ourselves. This two horse race is a media creation. Eichel is good. McDavid is so far ahead of him it's not close.

As others have mentioned, he's ahead of him for sure. But it's a lot closer than you seem to think.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

I doubt you have even watched Eichel play, McDavid is barely ahead of him, they are extremely close a prospects.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
its funny because all the Canadian guys are saying "McDavid is way ahead" and all the American guys are like "Wait just a second, McDavid is ahead but not by much"

As a Canadian, and Im trying to be unbiased here, McDavid to me is a perennial 100 point player, aka Crosby level. Eichel is Tavares, Stamkos level (perennial 90 pt). So yes, it is very close. However, McDavid has the potential to be top 10 best forwards ever (similar to Sid) [POTENTIAL, not saying it will happen] and I just don't see that from Jack. It is close though.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Falls to the Oilers?... Have you watched the Oilers this year or McDavid for that matter? The Oilers will be drafting first overall and McDavid won't fall.
Are you aware that the last place team only has a 20% chance to win the draft lottery?

Even if you'd know who will finish last you have no idea how the lottery will turn out.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Imagine if instead of Crosby 2.0, the team who lands him gets Daigle 2.0...

In today's day and age, with everything (all the info) teams have on players, I don't think you will see another Daigle in our lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

What do we know now that would have told us Daigle wasn't worthy of being drafted 1st overall, let alone that he'd become a bust?

I don't remember enough about Daigle to comment. I just believe the analysis done on players is to a whole different level than it was 20 years ago and someone would have spotted his flaws.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Mcdavid will be leading all of the CHL in points within no time, with OHL starting the latest (less games played), he is first in the OHL, would be first in the WHL and is 3 back from being in first of the QMJHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad