C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Wright needs a really strong season, however. He got cut from team Canada, and Lambert contributed more on the score board than plenty of Canadian players did, also.

I think it would be a little premature to declare the first overall pick over 2 years before the draft, but I guess NA media tends to do that so yeah, I expect Lambert will never be ranked #1 even if his performance's incredibly good.
Don't get me wrong, because Lambert is absolutely a 1st OA caliber prospect, but unless Lambert puts on some historical season being 1ppg + then he won't go 1st OA over Wright it's just not realistic. Wright is litterally a MacK clone with the way he shoots and stickhandles/passes, his skating is the only thing that's worse comparing him to Mack as a prospect but has the size over him but is no slouch at skating neither, for Lambert to go 1st it's going to take alot more than what he's already done to surpass Wright, it's possible but your argument makes no sense at all. I'll just leave this here.

Last edited:

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
I didn't move the goalposts. Underager refers to players who are 17 and therefore still have the full face masks. I didn't move the goalposts at all. I never heard McDavid or Crosby called triple underagers. Mainly because 18 is the age of majority pretty much throughout the western world. I fail to see how I moved the goalposts. I said he's a 17-year-old, making him just an underager by the common definition of the term at this tournament.

Stuetzle last year? Jack Hughes or Kakko only two years ago? Puljujarvi and Laine in 2016? Dahlin in 2018? There's usually a standout 17-year-old most years.
you will really hang on on that 17 year old wont you

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Canada rarely has 16 year olds on the team and this year is one of the deepest teams ever. Seth Jarvis top 15 2019 draft pick was cut. If wright was any other nationality he would very likely have made the team.
He wouldn't make the USA, they never take 16-year-olds. Think it is even more uncommon than Canada.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Man, Brad Lambert is such a smart and skilled player.
Great feed on PP goal just a minute ago.
He is like a canadian top forward prospect who plays for Finland, playstyle and skill wise. Elite skater mixed with very good stickhandling and vision. Usually our top prospects have that two way mindset and unselfishness which is a good thing, but i like to see prospects like Lambert aswell.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He is like a canadian top forward prospect who plays for Finland, playstyle and skill wise. Elite skater mixed with very good stickhandling and vision. Usually our top prospects have that two way mindset and unselfishness which is a good thing, but i like to see prospects like Lambert aswell.
His dad's a Canadian skills coach, but I wouldn't exactly say Lambert's play style is that Canadian. Most of his actual hockey gameplay knowledge and training is from the Finnish systems.

Also, you need to watch Lambert more if you don't think he has a two-way mindset or unselfishness.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Disagree completely. You don't have to go as far as Laine or Kakko to see that Lambert is more two-way oriented. Some of that is being center.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Lambert's team just decided to pull their goalie when they had 2 players in the box, trailing 4-3...

Attachments

• 20210129_205446.jpg
    20210129_205446.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: JabbaJabba

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lambert's team just decided to pull their goalie when they had 2 players in the box, trailing 4-3...

Doesn't seem like such a bad idea. 14 seconds left. If you lose the face-off, the game is probably over. There's almost no chance you are going to regain it quick enough to rush up the ice and get a good scoring chance. This way with 4 on the ice if you have control of the puck after the face-off you can at least attempt to create a good scoring chance.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Decent playing against Switzerland and I guess he will step up against Russia and open his scoring. Hope he will play in a same line with the other 2022 JYP draftee Joakim Kemell.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I didn't move the goalposts. Underager refers to players who are 17 and therefore still have the full face masks. I didn't move the goalposts at all. I never heard McDavid or Crosby called triple underagers. Mainly because 18 is the age of majority pretty much throughout the western world. I fail to see how I moved the goalposts. I said he's a 17-year-old, making him just an underager by the common definition of the term at this tournament.

Stuetzle last year? Jack Hughes or Kakko only two years ago? Puljujarvi and Laine in 2016? Dahlin in 2018? There's usually a standout 17-year-old most years.
No, it's primarily a 19 years old tournament. Most play in there post draft year. Great players might play in their draft year and exceptional the year before. You are conflating the that some might miss out on their chances at these tournaments because of a late birthday.

Reactions: mattihp

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Pretty weak tournament, big disappointment compared to expectations. The team played ok and had a lot of heart and Lambert showed glimpses, but not enough.

Reactions: Dominance

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Skating looks only NHL quality what Lambert has in his game.
Too often Lambert hogs a puck and won't make plays for his linemates.
Lambert in a worse is a player who kills whole effort and chemistry in his line
when he's trying to do all by himself.

Next season is huge for Lambert and i have high expectation for Brad.
Now it's a time to start working and show that Brad is worth TOP3 lottery pick.
With these showings in U18 WJC's Lambert isn't worth TOP3 pick.

If Lambert wants to go TOP3 in 2022 NHL draft he must start show some progress.
I'm sorry to say this but i wouldn't be surprised if / when Lambert regress his draft season similar
like Aatu Räty did this season.

Lambert is still 1st round pick but how long? let next season show that.
If something is certain Lambert won't challenge Shane Wright of 1st overall
no matter how he plays next year.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Skating looks only NHL quality what Lambert has in his game.
Too often Lambert hogs a puck and won't make plays for his linemates.
Lambert in a worse is a player who kills whole effort and chemistry in his line
when he's trying to do all by himself.

Next season is huge for Lambert and i have high expectation for Brad.
Now it's a time to start working and show that Brad is worth TOP3 lottery pick.
With these showings in U18 WJC's Lambert isn't worth TOP3 pick.

If Lambert wants to go TOP3 in 2022 NHL draft he must start show some progress.
I'm sorry to say this but i wouldn't be surprised if / when Lambert regress his draft season similar
like Aatu Räty did this season.

Lambert is still 1st round pick but how long? let next season show that.
If something is certain Lambert won't challenge Shane Wright of 1st overall
no matter how he plays next year.

200.gif

No way am I letting this goofy tournament knock my impression of Lambert. I think Wright's likely untouchable for #1, but Lambert still leads the next pack somewhat comfortably for me right now. I still see his game as a much better fit for an NHL 1C than someone like Savoie.

Lambert will need a strong Liiga season next year, as there's a talented group of players behind him, but at the moment I see very little reason for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad