C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Hah, 4 points in 5 games as a double minor, stickhandles in fullspeed like Barzal and has been very good in all zones and all this whilst playing 4 games with Jarventie who has been the most useless player to suit up for Team Finland in 8 years, Parssinen has been barely serviceable too, so you just wait and you'll see.
I hope I’m wrong.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hah, 4 points in 5 games as a double minor, stickhandles in fullspeed like Barzal and has been very good in all zones and all this whilst playing 4 games with Jarventie who has been the most useless player to suit up for Team Finland in 8 years, Parssinen has been barely serviceable too, so you just wait and you'll see.
He's 17. Double-underager usually refers to 16 year olds. He only has two tournaments left after this one. There are only 4 16 year old's at the tourny, and none are on teams that are still left. No one refers to people like Byfield or Perfetti as underagers. Considering one, they are the age of majority in most western countries (if not all), and they aren't wearing the full mask.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At least not special.
You think so? When I first saw him in late 2017 "special" is what I immediately thought, reminded me of MacKinnon and I hadn't seen anything alike in a Finnish player ever before.
He's 17. Double-underager usually refers to 16 year olds. He only has two tournaments left after this one. There are only 4 16 year old's at the tourny, and none are on teams that are still left. No one refers to people like Byfield or Perfetti as underagers. Considering one, they are the age of majority in most western countries (if not all), and they aren't wearing the full mask.
But a player born first of January for example, would be 2 weeks younger but would be a double underager. So yeah, Lambert isn't one, but you can probably make some comparisons as if he was one. For example if Matthew Savoie played in the same tournament, you'd probably compare them to one another rather than considering Lambert a year older(When he's less than 2 weeks older).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You think so? When I first saw him in late 2017 "special" is what I immediately thought, reminded me of MacKinnon and I hadn't seen anything alike in a Finnish player ever before.

But a player born first of January for example, would be 2 weeks younger but would be a double underager. So yeah, Lambert isn't one, but you can probably make some comparisons as if he was one. For example if Matthew Savoie played in the same tournament, you'd probably compare them to one another rather than considering Lambert a year older(When he's less than 2 weeks older).
Except we are discussing matters of fact. He's a 17 year old by the IIHF definition for tournament registration for the 2020-21 hockey calendar. While not an official IIHF event, if it occurred this year, he would not have been at the U-17 Challenge.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Except we are discussing matters of fact. He's a 17 year old by the IIHF definition for tournament registration for the 2020-21 hockey calendar. While not an official IIHF event, if it occurred this year, he would not have been at the U-17 Challenge.
Really? But you have issue with calling him a double underager when he's u-18 and these are u-20s. So are we discussing a matter of fact or not? If so, stick to it then and don't move goalposts every post.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Really? But you have issue with calling him a double underager when he's u-18 and these are u-20s. So are we discussing a matter of fact or not? If so, stick to it then and don't move goalposts every post.
I didn't move the goalposts. Underager refers to players who are 17 and therefore still have the full face masks. I didn't move the goalposts at all. I never heard McDavid or Crosby called triple underagers. Mainly because 18 is the age of majority pretty much throughout the western world. I fail to see how I moved the goalposts. I said he's a 17-year-old, making him just an underager by the common definition of the term at this tournament.

If anyone think this kid isnt special, really needs a eye check; it is a long time someone as young was so good at WJC
Stuetzle last year? Jack Hughes or Kakko only two years ago? Puljujarvi and Laine in 2016? Dahlin in 2018? There's usually a standout 17-year-old most years.

westbeast

Jun 22, 2017
Kid looks solid. But reminds me a lot of when Puljujarvi was a double underager in 2015. Lanky, fast right handed winger with decent puck handling skills

Reactions: MarVell

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Stuetzle last year? Jack Hughes or Kakko only two years ago? Puljujarvi and Laine in 2016? Dahlin in 2018? There's usually a standout 17-year-old most years.
Kakko and Laine only played at the u20’s in their draft year, Puljujärvi had 0 points in his first U20, Dahlin wasn’t exactly a world-beater at his first u20s either.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kakko and Laine only played at the u20’s in their draft year, Puljujärvi had 0 points in his first U20, Dahlin wasn’t exactly a world-beater at his first u20s either.
That’s just due to Lambert being a late birthday. All the players I mentioned were early birthdays. They were all in their 17 year old seasons.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
That’s just due to Lambert being a late birthday. All the players I mentioned were early birthdays. They were all in their 17 year old seasons.

How Lambert compares against other late birthday 17 year old extremely high end 1st overall talents like Matthews and Tavares at this stage? They were 8-10 weeks older than Lambert at this tournament and Lambert is about 2 weeks older than Savoie and Wright.

It’s not as black and white like you like to indicate and downplay his accomplishment, actually that is extremely simple way of thinking and evaluating. It’s damn impressive what he has been able to do 1 year prior draft year at this stage. It’s on par if not better with great top 1st overall late birthday talents.

Comparing Lambert who is almost full year younger to Stutzle last year at WJC is very weak and simple argument. Yes, technically they are same age, but in reality on totally different step of their careers. By your logic Laine and Puljujärvi would destroy elite/exceptional #1st overall late birthday talents like Ovechkin, Tavares and Matthews at ”same age” in this same tournament.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Liked what I saw from him. Smart, speedy, used his linemates effectively. Quality on the defensive side of things as well. Players with those characteristics tend to do well at the pro level. Not enough net drive but that's pretty standard for an underager.

Reactions: Odie Cleghorn

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There still is a difference, they did it in the year of their Draft eligiblity, Lambert did it in a year prior, Laine and Kakko for example are terrible examples because they didn’t even play in u20 at the age Lambert did.

And Lambert turned 17 last month, he wouldn’t even be on the same class in school as other 03 born people.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There still is a difference, they did it in the year of their Draft eligiblity, Lambert did it in a year prior, Laine and Kakko for example are terrible examples because they didn’t even play in u20 at the age Lambert did.

And Lambert turned 17 last month, he wouldn’t even be on the same class in school as other 03 born people.
I don’t know where you went to school, but where I live (Canada) the school year is determined by the January 1st to December 31st calendar. So, in the country that produces the most NHLers, he would be in the same grade as kids born in January of 2003.

They are comparable because it’s the same year of eligibility. The IIHF uses the January 1st to December 31st calendar. You can argue the merits of Draft year measurement or birth year measurement. But there have been quite a few comparable 17 year olds in recent years.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Do you think he is gonna be number 1 pick?
Most likely not, Wright is insanely good, like really really fricking good, Lambert has a chance maybe but that will take a massive season next season to knock Wright off the 1st spot.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Probably not, Shane Wright has more hype and is a center.
Wright needs a really strong season, however. He got cut from team Canada, and Lambert contributed more on the score board than plenty of Canadian players did, also.

I think it would be a little premature to declare the first overall pick over 2 years before the draft, but I guess NA media tends to do that so yeah, I expect Lambert will never be ranked #1 even if his performance's incredibly good.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Wright needs a really strong season, however. He got cut from team Canada, and Lambert contributed more on the score board than plenty of Canadian players did, also.

I think it would be a little premature to declare the first overall pick over 2 years before the draft, but I guess NA media tends to do that so yeah, I expect Lambert will never be ranked #1 even if his performance's incredibly good.
Canada rarely has 16 year olds on the team and this year is one of the deepest teams ever. Seth Jarvis top 15 2019 draft pick was cut. If wright was any other nationality he would very likely have made the team.

Reactions: Itkonen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad