C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Its not the points at this point, its how he plays, amazing player, plays amazingly, that defensive play tonight, just wow!!!.
But he has also scored points, 4 points in 5 games so far for 2022 draft eligible player.

FYI, he IS the ONLY 2022 top prospect playing at these games.

Reactions: Hazard78

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Its not the points at this point, its how he plays, amazing player, plays amazingly, that defensive play tonight, just wow!!!.
But he has also scored points, 4 points in 5 games so far for 2022 draft eligible player.

FYI, he IS the ONLY 2022 top prospect playing at these games.
Slavkovsky is ranked pretty highly at this point too. Marco Kasper played as well but I don't think he is considered a top prospect.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
I am not impressed or convinced he’ll be anything special. Would love for him to prove me wrong though.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Nothing except his speed.
Hah, 4 points in 5 games as a double minor, stickhandles in fullspeed like Barzal and has been very good in all zones and all this whilst playing 4 games with Jarventie who has been the most useless player to suit up for Team Finland in 8 years, Parssinen has been barely serviceable too, so you just wait and you'll see.

Reactions: FinPanda

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’ve been really impressed, especially for a kid who only turned 17 a couple weeks ago. Terrific skater, explosive athlete, excellent hands, high IQ, he seems like a very complete player for his age. Lundell is the only forward who’s clearly better than him on Finland, and even with Lundell being 2 years older and a top prospect himself, the gap isn’t that big. Lundell’s game is more polished, but Lambert is on another level in terms of raw talent/skill, a MUCH more explosive player. He’s the most obviously talented D-1 Finnish forward prospect I’ve ever seen, in terms of the eye test, even more so than Laine or Barkov (or Kakko, Kotka, Lundell, Pulju, Granlund or Rantanen - I wasn’t following prospects in the days of young Mikko Koivu and before).

Lambert’s performance this year reminds me a bit of Matthews’ WJC performance at the same age, in terms of maturity and impact. I don’t think he’s quite as good as same-age Matthews, but the gap is reasonably small. Stylistically, he reminds me of MacKinnon.

I’ll bet Lambert still grows another inch or so, could easily end up 6’1”+. He looks fairly big/strong already, a legit 6’, not an exaggerated number there. I’d be looking at him as a future 1st overall pick if he wasn’t sharing a draft with Shane Wright.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I’ve been really impressed, especially for a kid who only turned 17 a couple weeks ago. Terrific skater, explosive athlete, excellent hands, high IQ, he seems like a very complete player for his age. Lundell is the only forward who’s clearly better than him on Finland, and even with Lundell being 2 years older and a top prospect himself, the gap isn’t that big. Lundell’s game is more polished, but Lambert is on another level in terms of raw talent/skill, a MUCH more explosive player. He’s the most obviously talented D-1 Finnish forward prospect I’ve ever seen, in terms of the eye test, even more so than Laine or Barkov (or Kakko, Kotka, Lundell, Pulju, Granlund or Rantanen - I wasn’t following prospects in the days of young Mikko Koivu and before).

Lambert’s performance this year reminds me a bit of Matthews’ WJC performance at the same age, in terms of maturity and impact at a young age. I don’t think he’s quite as good as same-age Matthews, but the gap is reasonably small. Stylistically, he reminds me of MacKinnon.

I’ll bet Lambert still grows another inch or so, could easily end up 6’1”+. He looks fairly big/strong already, a legit 6’, not an exaggerated number there. I’d be looking at him as a future 1st overall pick if he wasn’t sharing a draft with Shane Wright.

He is almost 6 foot 1 (185cm) at the moment, he is 184cm tall.
Just turned 17, growing 1 cm next year and half?...:)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I love his confidence, he was benched against slovaks for not playing team game. Against Canada and Sweden he backchecked like madman. He has crazy winner mentality and his drive to be better player is obvious. He has just turned 17 and usually we see player of his age perform well against worse competition but be invisible against top quality teams at this stage. There is no difference in his game even against top tier competition and that is extremely rare feat.

With his insane raw talent which is best i’ve ever seen for a finnish skater and determination only sky is the limit for him. There is some debate about Lambert competing for first overall against Wright. Time will tell if he is serious challenger to him but even if he is #2 talent of his draft class, he is first overall level of prospect.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hah, 4 points in 5 games as a double minor, stickhandles in fullspeed like Barzal and has been very good in all zones and all this whilst playing 4 games with Jarventie who has been the most useless player to suit up for Team Finland in 8 years, Parssinen has been barely serviceable too, so you just wait and you'll see.

:laugh:

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad