C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
what? Lambert has had a very dissapointing season in the Liiga too, started off okay but then went invicible for many months never showing up on the scoresheet.

What seems to be the problem ?
AND do we know for sure he was playing injured last week or is that just someone making excuses . I was looking forward to seeing what he could do at U18s . He did nothing while Wright dominated

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He actually looked very dangerous and was the best player on Team Finland in the 1st game vs Russia. And then he missed a couple games and was nowhere close to that level anymore.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
AND do we know for sure he was playing injured last week or is that just someone making excuses . I was looking forward to seeing what he could do at U18s . He did nothing while Wright dominated
Missed two games after having 4 points in 2 games and Finland coach said it was health related, so yes we do know.

Also i wouldn’t care much for that posters posts anyway,he rarely if ever knows what he is talking about.

But lets compare his stats with some of his peers at this point of their careers:

Lambert 46gp 7g+8a=16p
Lundell 38gp 9g+10a=19p
Kakko 6gp 0g+1a=1p
Heiskanen 37gp 5+5=10p
Kotkaniemi 57gp 10+19=29

Lundell, Heiskanen and Kotkaniemi all played on good playoff teams and Kakko wasn’t in the Liiga full time at this point. Lambert’s team finished bottom of the league, and is near bankrupt.

It was not a perfect season by any means, but ”very dissapointing”? I don’t think so.

Reactions: king89

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
First Raty now I hope the same doesn't happen with Lambert. Pulju and Laine aren't living up to their draft positions yet either. Just like Russians perhaps these Finnish prospects need to slow cook in Finland for some time before coming over

Barkov& Heiskanen& Rantanen& Aho company are doing pretty damm well on the other hand

The expectations for these young players are just ridiculous.

If a -22 draft pick isn’t dominating league he’s not a deserving top5 pick in his draft, like what the hell

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Nobody can't say for sure why Lambert missed couple games in U18 WJC's
It might have been anything between injury and Covid19 symptoms.

Finland's team management never announced officially why Lambert was out.
So we can only speculate and guess what it was because it could have been anything.

Edit
Only what Finland's team management told Lambert's situation when he was out
was something like '' health comes always first'' so interpret that just the way you want it

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It definitely was disappointing. I'd have expected his trajectory to have been steeper. It's like he's stagnated quite significantly. Moving to JYP probably was a serious mistake in the end, I feel like his results would have been significantly stronger with HIFK.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Plus i feel with the recent success of many Finnish players breaking in to the NHL there is way more spotlight on Finnish prospects than before and people are expecting Finland to keep the pace of high end prospects pumping, but i doubt Finland is keeping it up and it is slowing down abit unfortiunately, scouts overhyped and overvalued Raty because of this and we might see the same for others.

Reactions: jvr32

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
what? Lambert has had a very dissapointing season in the Liiga too, started off okay but then went invicible for many months never showing up on the scoresheet.

JYP was a crap team though and as a smaller16-17 year old guy playing against men for the first time, it was fine. Great performance in U20 too. Easily better than what Räty did. He probably regrets leaving HIFK though.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
With all the hype surrounding Wright, and to some degree Mirosnichenko, how is Lambert faring? Is he still considered a potential top 5 player or has he dropped at all?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Plus i feel with the recent success of many Finnish players breaking in to the NHL there is way more spotlight on Finnish prospects than before and people are expecting Finland to keep the pace of high end prospects pumping, but i doubt Finland is keeping it up and it is slowing down abit unfortiunately, scouts overhyped and overvalued Raty because of this and we might see the same for others.
Hopefully professional scouts can do their job without letting arbitrary things like that affect their decision making.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
it's not like he ended his season hot in Liiga. He had 5 points in his last 24 games. Has to improve a lot for next season.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Räty was excellent in Jrs and no one else in the age group stood out, so he got ranked #1 in a weak draft. Development has been worse than expected, so he has dropped in rankings. Don't really see where the over hyped part is since he was never supposed to be a generational talent (at least I havent seen that kind over comments anywhere), and no one can predict how a 16 year old develops. Most of the hyping I've witnessed has been about him being the long-waited first Finnish #1oa pick, which in itself doesnt say anything about the players level

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Scouts overvalued Räty because he is from Finland? Lol.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Tbf if you’re dissapointed in Lambert’s Liiga season you were probably expecting too much.

Juraj Slafkovsky is considered likely top 10 pick atm in the same Draft and he split the season in U18 & U20 Liiga.

Kemell is currently considered a early-mid 2nd round pick, and he plays in Jyp’s u20 team. Both Kemell and Slafkovsky are bit under PPG in U20.

Lambert scored at the same pace in U20 Liiga already last season, and currently plays in Liiga, so he is quite a bit ahead of the curve for players from his Draft.

For comparison: Kakko had never scored a goal in the Liiga at this point of his career, and he went on to have 38 points in 45 games, and went 2nd overall, so Lambert would have to really stagnate to not take a big step forwards next season.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Some Liiga seasons ending a year before draft:

Anton Lundell 38 9+10=19
Aleksander Barkov 32 7+9=16
Brad Lambert 46 7+8=15
Jesse Puljujärvi 21 4+7=11
Mikko Rantanen 37 5+4=9
Aatu Räty 12 2+2=4
Kasperi Kapanen 13 4+0=4
Artturi Lehkonen 18 2+2=4
Sebastian Aho 3 0+1=1
Patrik Laine 6 0+1=1
Kaapo Kakko 6 0+1=1
Mikael Granlund 2 0+0=0
Roope Hintz 7 0+0=0

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Some Liiga seasons ending a year before draft:

Anton Lundell 38 9+10=19
Aleksander Barkov 32 7+9=16
Brad Lambert 46 7+8=15
Jesse Puljujärvi 21 4+7=11
Mikko Rantanen 37 5+4=9
Aatu Räty 12 2+2=4
Kasperi Kapanen 13 4+0=4
Artturi Lehkonen 18 2+2=4
Sebastian Aho 3 0+1=1
Patrik Laine 6 0+1=1
Kaapo Kakko 6 0+1=1
Mikael Granlund 2 0+0=0
Roope Hintz 7 0+0=0

#garbage am I doing this right? :help:

People like to overreact and expect these guys to dominate the league eveb years before draft

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
From 31 thoughts:

20. Out of that event, one very interesting prospect to follow: highly regarded 2022 draft-eligible Brad Lambert. He was born in Finland (where his mother is from), and his father, Ross, had a long career in Britain. (Lane Lambert is his uncle.) He proudly represents the Finns, and played in that country last season. Lambert had five assists in five games during the Under-18s, but NHL teams wanted to see more. WHL Saskatoon — where his father played in the 1980s — took him in last year’s CHL Import Draft, and there’s a hope he chooses the Blades as his best development option for next year. Mitch Love, who coaches Saskatoon, had success with Kirby Dach, who made the transition to the NHL at 18 for Chicago. The WHL would be salivating at the idea of Bedard (Regina), Lambert and Matthew Savoie (Winnipeg) entertaining the masses in 2021-22.

Interestingly Friedman doesn't know Lambert is under contract until 2022 in the FEL men's league and the contracts don't usually have junior exit clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad