C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Probably good to remember that the standard amount of points for a first overall calibre player of his age in this tournament would be around 1-2 points in total so complaining about his lack of production in his first game is odd. These same people were projecting Lafreniere to the second round or something, I imagine.
Also kinda unneccessary for him to complain when Lambert played with 2 pylons who couldn't skate even 1/3 as fast.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Lambert was dangerous and creative. Fast player who can do still hold on to the puck while going fast. Great to have this kind of player play for Finland. I am drooling just thinking about the possible lineup Finland could field in 2026 Olympics. Barkov, Laine, Lambert, Aho, Kakko, Lundell, Kotkaniemi, Teräväinen, Rantanen, Heiskanen, Jokiharju, Välimäki... Things are looking pretty good.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Lambert was dangerous and creative. Fast player who can do still hold on to the puck while going fast. Great to have this kind of player play for Finland. I am drooling just thinking about the possible lineup Finland could field in 2026 Olympics. Barkov, Laine, Lambert, Aho, Kakko, Lundell, Kotkaniemi, Teräväinen, Rantanen, Heiskanen, Jokiharju, Välimäki... Things are looking pretty good.
2022 Olympics is shaping up tp be a super strong one for us too, oh and you forgot about Hintz, maybe even Kiviharju will slot into that 2026 roster since he's looking to be our version of Dahlin.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Probably good to remember that the standard amount of points for a first overall calibre player of his age in this tournament would be around 1-2 points in total so complaining about his lack of production in his first game is odd. These same people were projecting Lafreniere to the second round or something, I imagine.

Tavares (1st overall) scored 4 goals (5 points) at Lambert's age. Spezza (2nd overall) had two points, but was half a year younger than Lambert. So I would expect a touch more offence from Lambert if we hold him to these standards before this tournament is done, given the opportunity the coach has given him.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
2022 Olympics is shaping up tp be a super strong one for us too, oh and you forgot about Hintz, maybe even Kiviharju will slot into that 2026 roster since he's looking to be our version of Dahlin.

Hintz is great, but I don't think he's in the same tier as the ones I mentioned so I didn't mention him. At least not now. Could be on the team like Armia and Kapanen etc. gang. Also I didn't want to say Kiviharju yet as there's still so much time until he's even drafted. Things are looking good for him though and if his development continues like it has been going, he could make it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tavares (1st overall) scored 4 goals (5 points) at Lambert's age. Spezza (2nd overall) had two points, but was half a year younger than Lambert. So I would expect a touch more offence from Lambert if we hold him to these standards before this tournament is done, given the opportunity the coach has given him.
So you went that far back? Late birthdays such as Lafreniere 1 point, Matthews 3 points etc. MacKinnon had 1 point also. MacKinnon is one of the best comparables in my opinion, in terms of playstyle.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
So you went that far back? Late birthdays such as Lafreniere 1 point, Matthews 3 points etc. MacKinnon had 1 point also. MacKinnon is one of the best comparables in my opinion, in terms of playstyle.
Although i think those guys didn't get top 6 role straight away like Brad has, but you still got a point.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Has looked great for being so young. Great puck control, hands and speed. If he or his teammates finished half of the opportunities he creates they would be blowing teams out rn.

Gisyyq

May 17, 2019
I was really surprised that neither Lambert nor Lundell got the player of the game title instead of Pärssinen.

Gisyyq

May 17, 2019
Maybe they should consider switching up Lambert for Hirvonen. That Simontaival - Lundell - Lambert line could be deadly.

Reactions: Hazard78

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Very very impressed by this guy.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Maybe they should consider switching up Lambert for Hirvonen. That Simontaival - Lundell - Lambert line could be deadly.
If it's the same lines again next game Pennanen needs to get a wake up slap in the face. Plus if they do that switch it's smart because they get one game to develop some chemistry while the rest of the team focuses on defence, then when we face Canada we could rely on the Lundell Lambert combo to do the offence and maybe just maybe keep it a close low scoring game and win it, the chances are still very small but i think that's the best plan.

Last edited:

P10p

May 15, 2012

... does someone really have to explain this to you?

Reactions: Odie Cleghorn

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s not really a similar situation comparing Lambert’s play with that of say a Lafreniere with Canada or a Matthews with USA. Those teams are deeper and typically don’t have draft eligible, and especially not d-1 players. And, when you do see those players, they’re bottom-6 guys. Finland, in the other hand, has draft eligible every year, and most years lately there will be a d-1 guy projecting to be a high pick. Comparing him to Lundell is probably better given they had similar roles at the time. I don’t recall the role Puljujarvi played, I just remember being very impressed with him. Laine wasn’t on the team. Lundell had 4 points in 7 games, so I’d say anything less than that would be disappointing. I expect him to get around a point-per-game though. He’s the best Finnish prospect I’ve seen in my 3 years of really focusing in on NHL prospects, and arguably the best prospect I’ve watched. A point-per-game at this tournament would be consistent with that level of prospect as well.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
It’s not really a similar situation comparing Lambert’s play with that of say a Lafreniere with Canada or a Matthews with USA. Those teams are deeper and typically don’t have draft eligible, and especially not d-1 players. And, when you do see those players, they’re bottom-6 guys. Finland, in the other hand, has draft eligible every year, and most years lately there will be a d-1 guy projecting to be a high pick. Comparing him to Lundell is probably better given they had similar roles at the time. I don’t recall the role Puljujarvi played, I just remember being very impressed with him. Laine wasn’t on the team. Lundell had 4 points in 7 games, so I’d say anything less than that would be disappointing. I expect him to get around a point-per-game though. He’s the best Finnish prospect I’ve seen in my 3 years of really focusing in on NHL prospects, and arguably the best prospect I’ve watched. A point-per-game at this tournament would be consistent with that level of prospect as well.
Kakko didn't get that many points, but I thought he played well. 2016 was led by draft eligible players. Lundell and Kakko played a big role on the 2nd line in 2019.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Also worth noting that Lambert is playing with very limited support to achieve such a performance but tbh i wouldn't be suprised if he does end the tournament with ppg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad