C Alexander Khovanov - Metallurg Zhlobin, Belarus (2018, 86th, MIN released)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Who knows? Actually, none of us know or will ever know what his true draft stock was prior to playing in the CHL. It's just an assumption to push one's agenda. Maybe scouts would have never picked him as a tiny forward playing in Russia?

He could get a better statistics in the MHL and make Avangard roster, or be invited to U18 team and play at the U18 WJC. And even if scouts hadn't loved him, moving to NA wouldn't have made them change their minds, and it's what I'm talking about.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He could get a better statistics in the MHL and make Avangard roster, or be invited to U18 team and play at the U18 WJC. And even if scouts hadn't loved him, moving to NA wouldn't have made them change their minds, and it's what I'm talking about.
"He could get..." He also might not have. Who knows?

The move could have changed the scouts minds if they saw him manage the more physical style despite his size...

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Hopefully he will decide not to go to CHL.

Any decision by a prospect to leave Russia to play in another country, and especially another continent, can have a detrimental effect due to resulting culture shock.

These discussions always devolve into petty arguments because people who love the CHL get offended. But it's not really about any particular league, although the CHL is of course the most common league for Russian prospects who go abroad.

I'm just happy that Khovanov is feeling better. He is a top-notch talent.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
didn't he sign with ak bars at the start of the season? why would he go to the chl and ruin his career? that's brutal, especially when you missed half a year with an illness and has never been very fast and physical to begin with.

How bad is his skating?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I hope he can adapt quicker than Granlund did with his skating deficiencies and average size.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hopefully the illness hasn't set Khovanov back too much. Moncton fans will be in for a treat with this guy's hands and vision.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's back in the contention for the top-10 in the draft by April.

I was hoping he'd remain a sleeper. Could be a big pick up for some team in the back of the 1st or early 2nd.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Supposed to be making his debut tonight. He will likely play pretty limited minutes since it's his first game back.

Moncton's Twitter should post the line up before the game so you can see who he is playing with.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I watched a bit since the webcast was free. He looked very smart and much better then most people on the ice. He was a little behind the play as is to be expected. Looked like he should be a very good player next year in the Q for Moncton

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Too bad they couldn't have added him to the TPG. Will be really interesting to see where he ends up.

Yeah, he definitely seems to be one of those kids who has top 10 talent but probably won't get to build up a top 10 resume that merits top 10 hype. Depending on where his stock lands he could be exactly the kind of high reward forward prospect that our pool could use a few more of and that we should take advantage of our extra picks to take some swings at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad