C Alexander Khovanov - Metallurg Zhlobin, Belarus (2018, 86th, MIN released)

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I thought Minnesota's use of Khovanov was odd, sending him between ECHL & AHL with regular stints in the press box.
I guess it looks like he was there based on not working on what the team said he should?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I thought Minnesota's use of Khovanov was odd, sending him between ECHL & AHL with regular stints in the press box.
I guess it looks like he was there based on not working on what the team said he should?
Khovanov is a head case. Did the same thing in the KHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yup. No solid insider info here, but there were a lot of hints, both in NA and Russia, that he was hard to coach, and possibly had motivation and conditioning issues. Teams want their prospects to do well. Benching them or sending them down to the ECHL or VHL is them sending a strong message to the player that he needs to change his behavior.
Hope he figures it out.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yup. No solid insider info here, but there were a lot of hints, both in NA and Russia, that he was hard to coach, and possibly had motivation and conditioning issues. Teams want their prospects to do well. Benching them or sending them down to the ECHL or VHL is them sending a strong message to the player that he needs to change his behavior.
Hope he figures it out.

Vasiliy Glotov mostly played in ECHL being a Buffalo prospect. Now he's one of the leaders Sochi team in the KHL. KHL isn't NHL but difference between KHL and ECHL is still very big. He obviously could have played in AHL but Buffalo probably just didn't care. The same can be said about a lot of NHL clubs and what they do to their prospects.

If a prospect isn't a first rounder and an NHL club doesn't see immediate usefulness of him it just stops caring about the prospect and his development.

Reactions: kp61c

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Vasiliy Glotov mostly played in ECHL being a Buffalo prospect. Now he's one of the leaders Sochi team in the KHL. KHL isn't NHL but difference between KHL and ECHL is still very big. He obviously could have played in AHL but Buffalo probably just didn't care. The same can be said about a lot of NHL clubs and what they do to their prospects.

If a prospect isn't a first rounder and an NHL club doesn't see immediate usefulness of him it just stops caring about the prospect and his development.
Not true at all. Astonished that you would put that nonsense out there.

Dewar, Shaw, Kahkonen, Soucy, Spurgeon, among many others, were developed by the Wild, and were most certainly not 1st rounders.

I watched just about every game that Khovanov played last year in the AHL. He was mediocre - would flash some talent, but appeared as if he couldn't keep up with play consistently. I would guess that it was a lack of conditioning.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Frankly, he deserved to play in the echl based on the eye test. Maybe khovy sees some success in the post invasion khl, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in the Vhl before the season is over

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
That WJC where he was the 1C for Russia was fun at least. But Wild fans know better than to expect a scoring C to work out

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not true at all. Astonished that you would put that nonsense out there.

Dewar, Shaw, Kahkonen, Soucy, Spurgeon, among many others, were developed by the Wild, and were most certainly not 1st rounders.

I watched just about every game that Khovanov played last year in the AHL. He was mediocre - would flash some talent, but appeared as if he couldn't keep up with play consistently. I would guess that it was a lack of conditioning.
He says stuff along these lines a lot, I’m not too astonished to see it. It’s not true at all.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
So that's it for Khovanov and the Wild?

If so, too bad. There is some real talent there.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Saw this coming from his Wildcat days. I’ve never seen a player with such poor attitude and so easily thrown off his game. Guy was getting benched despite scoring almost 2PPG because he was a walking time bomb for bad penalties and often out of shape.

Some of the best vision on the ice I’ve seen in a prospect though

Reactions: Tube Skates

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just a tremendous disappointment. Guys attitude and dedication to the game were terrible. He had tons of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00