C Alex Turcotte - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 5th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Damn shame about his season so far but hopefully it drops his stock far enough for my Jets to nab him in the draft :naughty:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's missed a month of a long season. He's built up a good enough reputation that missing a month shouldn't matter, unless your opinion changes like the wind. Frustrating though, nonetheless.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's missed a month of a long season. He's built up a good enough reputation that missing a month shouldn't matter, unless your opinion changes like the wind. Frustrating though, nonetheless.

I had him at #3 to start, both Dach and Cozens passed him on my rankings. But he can easily make up that ground.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I had him at #3 to start, both Dach and Cozens passed him on my rankings. But he can easily make up that ground.

I find all those players to be very close in the rankings, so a month of play could matter there. But any talk of him “dropping”, like you see above, isn’t something that should be happening, unless he misses a lot of this season with injuries. Even then, it depends on the injury. If it’s nothing long-term, I’d prefer the better prospect, irregardless of who played however many games during a particular season.

Reactions: cgf

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I find all those players to be very close in the rankings, so a month of play could matter there. But any talk of him “dropping”, like you see above, isn’t something that should be happening, unless he misses a lot of this season with injuries. Even then, it depends on the injury. If it’s nothing long-term, I’d prefer the better prospect, irregardless of who played however many games during a particular season.

It's hard to compare their development if someone doesn't play. In July someone might have been the better player but in April that may not be the case. I'd say missing time at the beginning if far better than missing time at the end. As you can compare closer towards the draft easier. Turcotte has dropped dramatically in some rankings and in others he was never very high to begin with. It seems Boldy and Zegras are getting all the love right now so Turcotte has to come out and prove he is better then them to the rankers. The rest will fall into place.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
He's dropping now but when he's healthy he'll be right back at the top of the rankings. He's proven enough and I think unless it's a reoccurring injury teams won't pay too much attention to it.

Sounds like he's not traveling to the Czech Republic with the team for the upcoming tournament though.

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
I am going to have to subscribe to this thread. Alex is my cousin, so I’m excited about how his career has progressed so far. What a family to be a part of when you love the game of hockey.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I am going to have to subscribe to this thread. Alex is my cousin, so I’m excited about how his career has progressed so far. What a family to be a part of when you love the game of hockey.

I had a dream the Canucks drafted him, I kid you not.

that said, whois your cousins favorite NHL team?

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013

I havent talked to him in a few years. I am first cousins with his dad Alfie and his brother Jeff. I do talk to Jeff every once in a while, Ill have to text him and see. Jeff’s gotten me tickets to a few Penguins games when Beau Bennett was playing here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Alex's Favorites
Favorite NHL Team
Chicago Blackhawks
Favorite NHL Player
Sidney Crosby
Favorite Movie
Step Brothers
Favorite Celebrity
LeBron James
Favorite Musical Artist
Kendrick Lamar
Favorite Netflix Binge
13 Reasons Why
Favorite Book
Divergent Series
Favorite Home-Cooked Meal
Steak with corn on the cob

Love of Hockey Instilled in Alex Turcotte Early On

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of players don't play that much like their favorite player, but Turcotte plays a lot like Crosby. The only big difference stylistically is that Crosby has a much better wrist shot.

I doubt he'll ever be as good, but the on-ice work ethic is ridiculous, similar to what you see from Crosby. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't eventually get his name thrown around for the hardest working player title that comes up in the NHL. Crosby usually always gets named the most. Turcotte gets as much as you can out of his talent. I don't think he has the raw offensive and physical talent that Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Dach have, but he's close in those areas, and his on ice work-ethic is better than all of them, maybe significantly. I think there's a good case to be made that he will have the best career from this draft.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Don't put Alex in charge of the remote. Step Brothers the best movie there is LMAO.
tumblr_pi75h66IOK1xkok61o2_r1_400.gif

Reactions: TimeZone

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Are there any rumors, or info out there about Turcotte's injury?, like what type, its been almost the entire season, really anxious to see him back on the ice soon.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are there any rumors, or info out there about Turcotte's injury?, like what type, its been almost the entire season, really anxious to see him back on the ice soon.

Not a rumor, but it looked like a lower body injury. Some guy made an uncalled for hit when he was off balance driving to the net, and it basically flipped him over and he fell right on his lower body. I believe it’s a right sided injury, but I’m trying to go off of memory with that. It might be a left-sided injury.

Its something like a leg, ankle, knee, hip, foot injury. I don’t know which exactly. He stayed in that game and looked a little labored during the rest of the game, but it wasn’t until his last shift where he was battling in the corners did he actually look to be in serious pain. I suspect he aggravated the injury, played through the aggravation and then made it worse on that last shift.

And the guy who injured him should’ve been suspended. Leagues always talk about protecting their stars. The second best player in the USHL looked to be targeted with a really uncalled for hit his first game back after an injury. It ended up re-injuring him. I think its a little too coincidental to be accidental.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
One of the many guys I see fighting it out for #3 in 2019. Wonder how his injury will affect him though.
as long as he gets back on the ice by Feb, that gives him plenty of time to catch back up, get back into game shape and have a strong u-18...if he doesn't get back until April, then who knows what scouts will do here..Galchenyuk still went top 3 despite him missing most of the year, so Turcotte likely could and should still go 5-8 range...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad