C Alex Turcotte - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 5th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
4 points tonight against Adrian College. Has played extremely well since coming back from injury.

Would not be surprised to see Alex end up in the 2-4 range in this upcoming draft. Best two way player available imo.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
4 points tonight against Adrian College. Has played extremely well since coming back from injury.

Would not be surprised to see Alex end up in the 2-4 range in this upcoming draft. Best two way player available imo.
His assist on Moynihan’s goal in the first period was a beauty.

Reactions: Frk It

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

He could easily play his was to a top 5 pick. I hope he slips to MN.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was the assist. The assist on Boldy's goal might've been better. Completely fooled the whole defense.

I think if he didn't play on the same team as Hughes and Zegras, his offense would get more credit than it gets. He's one of the best offensive players in this draft, but of the three, he's the two-way center. Turcotte has the best PPG average of all the NTDP players in the games against college teams. I don't see why he shouldn't be in contention for the top pick.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He has 17 points in 10 games since returning. Four points tonight in an 11-3 win.

Here was one of his two goals. Terrific net-front player. Scores a lot of his goals around the net with deflecting shots and crashing the crease.

Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Caufield, York, Knight, Vlasic. I love the crop of American kids this year. Very talented group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frk It

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Caufield, York, Knight, Vlasic. I love the crop of American kids this year. Very talented group.
This may be the best NTDP team in the program's history -- it is certainly the best by far since the program moved here to Plymouth. It was almost unfair watching them completely dominate Youngstown last evening.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here in Minnesota it’s lose for turcotte. To put in perspective how good I think this kid is: I cheer for MN to lose so we have a shot at drafting this kid.

I’m almost happy that my team is looking unlikely to pick in the top two spots, but has a good chance to draft in the next five slots. Better chance at drafting Turcotte, Cozens, Dach or Byram, which my team needs a lot more than Hughes or Kakko. I also think it’s unlikely we’d take a KHL winger two years in a row, so Podkolzin probably isn’t on the table.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’m almost happy that my team is looking unlikely to pick in the top two spots, but has a good chance to draft in the next five slots. Better chance at drafting Turcotte, Cozens, Dach or Byram, which my team needs a lot more than Hughes or Kakko. I also think it’s unlikely we’d take a KHL winger two years in a row, so Podkolzin probably isn’t on the table.
Yeah I think that would be risky forsure. Minnesota could use any of them so I’m just hoping we get a projected first rounder this year. Our first rounder last year was way off the board and has 1 point in Sweden’s second best league. The year before we didn’t have a 1st rounder. The previous years we either drafted middle six players or traded away Alex Tuch. It would be a breath of fresh air to select a highly touted center for the first time since Koivu in 2001.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
He could easily play his was to a top 5 pick. I hope he slips to MN.

Unfortunately for the Wild, they are not going to lose enough games with their current roster to get this type of player, too good of a goalie and too good of a defense to bottom out.... One player I could see them targeting from the program is Cole Caufield, Wild need finishers... wasn't them on a 2 on 1 is just painful.... If the wheels do fall off in the 2nd half for Minny and they get in on this guy, I don't see that management group passing on him. They like their Americans in the state of hockey...

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Scoring at roughly the same rate as Zegras now, good to see him back and playing to his potential. I'd take him top 5 without question.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
This may be the best NTDP team in the program's history -- it is certainly the best by far since the program moved here to Plymouth. It was almost unfair watching them completely dominate Youngstown last evening.

The game brought to mind the way the Soviet Red Army team dominated against the amateur teams like Finland back in the 80s. The Program is working.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Unfortunately for the Wild, they are not going to lose enough games with their current roster to get this type of player, too good of a goalie and too good of a defense to bottom out.... One player I could see them targeting from the program is Cole Caufield, Wild need finishers... wasn't them on a 2 on 1 is just painful.... If the wheels do fall off in the 2nd half for Minny and they get in on this guy, I don't see that management group passing on him. They like their Americans in the state of hockey...
You know I’m just not sure anymore. I think turcotte should be off the board by pick 6, but who knows where he really goes. I think there’s a good possibility that MN completely lays eggs the next couple of weeks. I mean, they’ve been laying eggs against bad teams, now they have a tough stretch. If we pick in the top 10 I’m content with our chances of getting a really good center.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The game brought to mind the way the Soviet Red Army team dominated against the amateur teams like Finland back in the 80s. The Program is working.

Although some may emerge, next years u18 crop seems pretty weak, compared to regular standards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
.....and now we get to see all those rankings changed (hope they used pencils and not pens when writing them down)...it was dumb to drop the kid because he was hurt for those that did, now he is healthy and looks just like he did to start the season...top 5 pick at this point with the potential to maybe be a top 3 player if he dominates the u-18s...

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
.....and now we get to see all those rankings changed (hope they used pencils and not pens when writing them down)...it was dumb to drop the kid because he was hurt for those that did, now he is healthy and looks just like he did to start the season...top 5 pick at this point with the potential to maybe be a top 3 player if he dominates the u-18s...

It was ridiculous how people were dropping him... you can tell who the fakes are out there in situations like this. If there is an NHL team that doesn't have him in their top 15 then they probably didn't to start the season either.... the Internet warrior "scouts" pretty much all embarrassed themselves with this one.... Its hilarious!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->