C Alex Turcotte - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 5th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I read somewhere (maybe Pronman? I forget now to be honest) that when watching a USNDPT game, Turcotte was neverreally even the second best player on the ice. Hughes was obviously always kinda the top dog but in any given game Zegras or Caufield would look better/more dominant than Turcotte. The thing with Turcotte is that he consistently brought the same high level of play where the other guys could be a little less consistent. Their highs were a bit higher but their lows were also lower type deal.

What do people think of that assessment?
I tend to agree. Even Boldy would look more dominant at his highs.

Although Turcotte does play a less flashy game, so he may not be as noticeable as the others. Also defensive ability doesn't appear dominant, which he has in spades.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I read somewhere (maybe Pronman? I forget now to be honest) that when watching a USNDPT game, Turcotte was neverreally even the second best player on the ice. Hughes was obviously always kinda the top dog but in any given game Zegras or Caufield would look better/more dominant than Turcotte. The thing with Turcotte is that he consistently brought the same high level of play where the other guys could be a little less consistent. Their highs were a bit higher but their lows were also lower type deal.

It is one of the most dominant u18 teams ever assembled. It the 2nd half this year, they averaged 7.2 goals per game (4.4 in first half, often without Turcotte). When they were rolling in the latter half, and all those guys were healthy, they all looked so good, it almost made Hughes, Turcotte look more human.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He was the best player at the NTDP this season, when on the ice.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007

IF that is true (I haven't watched enough of everyone to have an opinion on that), then Turcotte is for sure not Chicago's pick at #3. They have said multiple times very clearly that they draft on highest ceiling not highest floor (as most do and should), and have said they already know who they are picking and it was a pretty easy choice.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
IF that is true (I haven't watched enough of everyone to have an opinion on that), then Turcotte is for sure not Chicago's pick at #3. They have said multiple times very clearly that they draft on highest ceiling not highest floor (as most do and should), and have said they already know who they are picking and it was a pretty easy choice.
That was Craig Button. He’s ranked Turcotte lowly since the beginning of the year, and generally seems relatively unimpressed with him. The only one who views Turcotte as such. That said, he has Turcotte going to the Hawks in his mock draft.

canada22

Jun 26, 2019
As an avid Wisconsin fan, I'm anxiously awaiting where this kid goes. Wherever it is, hoping to still get one year out of him in Madison
Enjoy another mediocre year as a wisco fan. Wouldnt be surprised if you guys go below 500 again. Literally the smallest forwards in the ncaa. Caufield should fit right in with the dhooge's.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So you're pretty confident he only needs the one year?

I'm confident he could play now.

Four guys absolutely ran the show at devcamp and Turcotte was the best all-around of them. Nothing he couldn't do. Mike Richards incarnate. Probably better hands though. Just as much of a dick though, slashing the everliving shit out of his teammates with a smile on his face.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Play at Wisconsin and then on to LA in April for a few regular season games. Hell be on the opening night roster 2020

Not sure if the hockey scheduling gods had this in mind, but the Kings play at Chicago on March 29th. If Wisconsin were eliminated by that point (that'd be the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament), Turcotte's first NHL game could be in his hometown. If I recall correctly, Clayton Keller's first game for Arizona was in his hometown of St. Louis.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm confident he could play now.

Four guys absolutely ran the show at devcamp and Turcotte was the best all-around of them. Nothing he couldn't do. Mike Richards incarnate. Probably better hands though. Just as much of a dick though, slashing the everliving **** out of his teammates with a smile on his face.
"Mike Richards incarnate" sounds fantastic! Good player to build around. Glad he made a good impression at development camp.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Mike Richards incarnate" sounds fantastic! Good player to build around. Glad he made a good impression at development camp.

I still think the extra year will be important for him to build strength before getting used to a pro schedule, too. The guy gets his nose dirty so any extra meat/protection he can build will be useful/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think we are going to see an influx of rookies on the Kings starting in 2020. Turcotte, Kupari, JAD, and Bjornfot will all likely be on the roster by then. Hopefully Vilardi will be able to join them.

I think Turcotte will be a great 2C behind Kopitar next year.

Reactions: slumpy43

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I think we are going to see an influx of rookies on the Kings starting in 2020. Turcotte, Kupari, JAD, and Bjornfot will all likely be on the roster by then. Hopefully Vilardi will be able to join them.

Thats realy exiting for an organisation! I also think montreal 2020 will have lots of rookies! Hopefully turcottes teamates is one of them!

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

Kind of off topic, but what's Vilardi's status? Kid has had it rough so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad