C Alex Turcotte - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 5th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Is he expected to sign his ELC after the end of this college season or earlier?
IMO if he has a really strong season he could sign in the spring depending how deep Wisconsin goes. I don't think it's out of the question he plays two years. He was only healthy for a little over half of his draft year if I recall correctly.

JuJu Mobb

Montreal Canadiens
Dec 9, 2009
Creating him in NHL 20.

I'd like to know what potential should I give him?

I put him at TOP 6 HIGH.

Reactions: Islcey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Creating him in NHL 20.

I'd like to know what potential should I give him?

I put him at TOP 6 HIGH.
I think he's going to be a really reliable middle six type who can play any position, but his ceiling is like low-end 1C IMO. This year we'll learn a lot though, because his game is already at what you might call 4/5 in almost every respect, if he can elevate some aspects, he could become really elite

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think he's going to be a really reliable middle six type who can play any position, but his ceiling is like low-end 1C IMO. This year we'll learn a lot though, because his game is already at what you might call 4/5 in almost every respect, if he can elevate some aspects, he could become really elite

I do really think he fits neatly in that Toews/Richards niche with a high chance of fulfilling it.

Reactions: tealhockey

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't love comparisons especially to some of the goats of the modern game. But I think he has qualities of all those guys, and to some extent a good comparable IMO is Bo Horvat

I think the biggest advanateg he has is his mindset, the wants to win, he kinda has that Mike Richards i'll die on the ice type of will. I'm excited to see this kid but will wait patiently until then

Reactions: tealhockey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I think the biggest advanateg he has is his mindset, the wants to win, he kinda has that Mike Richards i'll die on the ice type of will. I'm excited to see this kid but will wait patiently until then
Check him out this year in the Big Ten it's going to be awesome. He could be an all situations guy who puts up real numbers if he plays with caufield

Reactions: kings11

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Over/Under on the total points that line generates?

Big 10 is pretty open offensively with michigan taking steps back. But Notre Dame is the still the team to beat.

But i don't know if the Tony granato is going to stick with this line. but it is exciting to think about. Super super young.

all freshman, all high first round picks (potentially for holloway)
I just love love love the idea of just stacking one line with this amount of talent.

Last edited:

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Big 10 is pretty open offensively with michigan taking steps back. But Notre Dame is the still the team to beat.

But i don't know if the Tony granato is going to stick with this line. but it is exciting to think about. Super super young.

all freshman, all high first round picks (potentially for holloway)
I just love love love the idea of just stacking one line with this amount of talent.
I really don't think that all '01 line makes sense when they have some really quality older players who can create offensively. On the other hand if they can get that line firing then they can have two real scoring lines. The best two lines in the league last year were late '98, '96 and a '98, and a late '95 with two '97s

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Don't you think that a guy picked 5th should be better than a middle six center? You must be very low on Turcotte's game.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Don't you think that a guy picked 5th should be better than a middle six center? You must be very low on Turcotte's game.
He was my favorite to watch for that draft, so I wouldn't say that I am 'very low' on him. I hope he will be better but I don't know that he has a premier 1C upside so I think at best he looks like a low-end 1C or a highly serviceable 2C, middle six type who makes your team a lot better if you can play him there.

He's not an insane athlete with long, powerful strides, he's just an awesome player who gets after it every shift. His game is pretty refined in many respects and he may be close to his ceiling the way most 18 year olds aren't. To an extent I worry about him getting complacent and not pushing himself to get that extra little bit out of his potential, though his style of play doesn't make that seem likely. It's really all up to him IMO. I always err on the side of caution

Reactions: SpartanProdigy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->