C Alex Newhook - Victoria Grizzlies, BCHL (2019, 16th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
nah, he'll be fine at BC. but he'll be smart to stay there for at least 3 years and not do the 1 and done mistake like Jost.

I think he certainly needs 2 years like Makar did. Not sure about 3 years.
Obviously the jump from BCHL to the NCAA has not been smooth for Newhook so far but given where he played last season that is probably to be expected. And BC certainly does not seem easy to crack for high end talent recently. But no need to worry.
But yeah. The Avs better not plan on him being 1 and done. That would be a huge mistake. Like it was with Jost but atleast Tyson was putting up almost a PPG. Newhook will probably not get anywhere near that pace.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
BC ins't very good they have one veteran line that can produce. This isn't the BC program you are used to, they are really lucky Cotton decided to come back for a final season. Boldy as a higher pick out of the NTDP/USHL has been even less productive with 1 goal and that solitary point in his first 7 games and nobody is hand-wringing over that choice by Minnesota. Key is just to see improvement over the year from these guys.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
BC ins't very good they have one veteran line that can produce. This isn't the BC program you are used to, they are really lucky Cotton decided to come back for a final season. Boldy as a higher pick out of the NTDP/USHL has been even less productive with 1 goal and that solitary point in his first 7 games and nobody is hand-wringing over that choice by Minnesota. Key is just to see improvement over the year from these guys.

Most nights, even if Boldy isn't producing, he's creating chances and looks good. The production will come, but he's playing well.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Most nights, even if Boldy isn't producing, he's creating chances and looks good. The production will come, but he's playing well.
The absolute best part of HFBoards is being able to get this kind of first-hand input. Could you go into some more detail on Boldy and Newhook? It would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: slumpy43

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The absolute best part of HFBoards is being able to get this kind of first-hand input. Could you go into some more detail on Boldy and Newhook? It would be greatly appreciated.
I haven’t watched any games recently, but in the first few games I thought Boldy and Newhook should’ve been getting 2 points a game.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he go three or four games before scoring his first point? I seem to recall he had 0 or 1 in 3 or 4 at some point. In that case, it would seem that he has been a PPG player since.

Having followed him for several years, I must say I am pleased but not particularly surprised. I liked him as a top-10 pick in the draft.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he go three or four games before scoring his first point? I seem to recall he had 0 or 1 in 3 or 4 at some point. In that case, it would seem that he has been a PPG player since.

Having followed him for several years, I must say I am pleased but not particularly surprised. I liked him as a top-10 pick in the draft.
Had 1 in 6.

Reactions: Dominance

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Feels like he’d probably be putting up the same silly numbers in the CHL that guys like McMichael, Poulin and Pelletier are. Hope his NCAA path doesn’t hurt his WJC odds. That line with him and Cozens and Krebs dominated at the U18’s, I’d like to see them get a shot together again.

Anyways, now that he’s found his feet and we can see his impact as a true freshman, hopefully the Avs learned from the Jost timeline and let Newhook stay at BC two seasons. Which would be perfect timing...one of the very best freshman this year and maybe grab a depth spot at the WJC. The next year when BC’s top line from this season is gone, be the engine of the Eagles and a star for Team Canada at the next WJC. If he can maintain that pace, then I think the two year college track is perfect.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So happy the winger experiment ended. Since he's been put to C he has taken off.

I mean putting him on the wing with Boldy centering him? Whoever came up with that idea needs to reexamine his life choices a bit more....
It probably was because the Wild told them they want Boldy as a center while the Avs were unavailable for comment but still...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bys this aint got noting to do with he being a prospect but does he have mick mack blood? Sure looks like it
How do you even see that? Hes from the east so it could be but I have strong micmac blood and I am the hairiest european looking guy. Basically the only thing that gives it away is my red-ish color when I spend time in the sun.

Reactions: Newfoundland

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
How do you even see that? Hes from the east so it could be but I have strong micmac blood and I am the hairiest european looking guy. Basically the only thing that gives it away is my red-ish color when I spend time in the sun.
Always thought he had a trace of it, in a few pictures he seems a lot darker then average newfoundlanders

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Always thought he had a trace of it, in a few pictures he seems a lot darker then average newfoundlanders

He did play 2 years in Victoria and the sun does shine more brightly there, right?:popcorn:

That being said I think he was a steal for Colorado, who by the way had several other great value picks in the draft with all of their picks "being very good value" where they were taken IMO.

Reactions: Newfoundland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad