C Alex Newhook - Victoria Grizzlies, BCHL (2019, 16th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Beautiful part of the world.

Didn't they have a restaurant that served insanely good home made pie on the HWY just north of Duncan- I think it was before Chemainus? Something Rooster, maybe?

Red Rooster most likely. Still open I’ll have to try the pie sometime

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Red Rooster most likely. Still open I’ll have to try the pie sometime
I thought it closed. Great crust, and the in season pies(Blackberry, Blueberry) the best I've ever had, though there is one place just outside Hope that is very good for Blueberry pie in the Fall.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
There are a lot of people here saying that Jost had better numbers than Newhook. (He had a way better team, and I personally don't set much store by stats).

But I noticed that in their draft - 1 years, Newhook's numbers were quite a bit better than Jost's.

A 120 point pace compared to an 80 point pace.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Very quiet so far in a fast and physical series, he hasn't been able to get anything going.

If the Grizzlies left right after the game last night, they'd just be getting close to the ferry to Victoria now. Such a long haul for both teams.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
it's been crazy on HFboards lately, people seeing guys some players making huge impact like Matthews, think every single first rounder would come out a PPG player when they are 19 year old... some player take till they are 24-25 year old to figure out their potential and how to make their style fit into the NHL. now as a top 10 had 50pts when he's 23 year old-ish he's a bust! trade him!
Hes only 21 aswell. He probably is more complimentary than a driver but he can and I think likely will get there.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
What are they doing to shut him down?

PG is playing a very fast, tight checking style and matching Victoria's lines well. Newhook is not getting open or creating space like he typically does. PG has gameplanned around shutting him down and they've done a great job at that so far. They also had the benefit of not having to travel 15 hours north to play the last two games.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Hasn’t he been cut from every team Canada team? Other than the Teir 2 West team where he was adequate at best?
Someone doesn’t like him at HC.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hasn’t he been cut from every team Canada team? Other than the Teir 2 West team where he was adequate at best?
Someone doesn’t like him at HC.
He's been cut from 1 team, this past August, and the U-19's as a 16 year old which isn't a part of the POE.

Xavier Parent looked great though!

Last edited:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
How is Hughes playing? Are his stats a product of Newhook?

Hughes was good and worked well with Newhook, but he definitely benefited from playing with him a lot during the course of the season. There are some flashes of talent but I felt he tried to go through players with dangling when it wasn't really necessary. I hope he starts adapting in college sooner rather than later next season because he's certainly far from a bad player.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Blends in with all the others
this is why comparing/competing in JrA vs CHL/NCAA/USHL in draft year add defenite ingrediant of uncertainty

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
After a somewhat slow first half and a lackluster Jr A tournament, Newhook has really cranked his play up to 11 in the last half. His play at the U18s is night and day compared to the Jr A tounry back in December, he looks so much more confident and comfortable playing against higher competition here and its finally paying off on the scoresheet. Whoever picks him is going to have a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad