C Adam Ruzicka - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2017, 109th, CGY)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Tied for 2nd in the AHL with 7 Gs in 8 GP so far. Only Frk has more and he was born in 93, Sherwood and Dauphin have 7 as well and were born in 95. Likely won't maintain this pace but seeing some nice progression for a 4th round pick in his all around game.

Imagine he'll be on the Slovakian Olympic team next year, they're really thin at C.

Reactions: Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Tied for 2nd in the AHL with 7 Gs in 8 GP so far. Only Frk has more and he was born in 93, Sherwood and Dauphin have 7 as well and were born in 95. Likely won't maintain this pace but seeing some nice progression for a 4th round pick in his all around game.

Imagine he'll be on the Slovakian Olympic team next year, they're really thin at C.

I've liked Ruzicka ever since I saw him at the world juniors. Back then, he was a very slow skater, but seemed to have good vision. From what I saw of him in the NHL last season, his skating and aggression was improved. Still, if he makes the big league, it's gonna be as an old school player, who relies on size and smarts, rather than speed. Hopefully he can find a way to translate his game to the next level.

But yeah, as for the Olympics, I don't think there's any doubt that he's gonna make the Slovak team. He was pretty good in the qualifiers, and with his start this season he's looking like a lock. He'd have to tail off completely to not make the team.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
So 6 pts in 14 NHL games this season, while playing bottom 6 and with grinders a lot of the time. How long until he’s considered the best Slovak forward in the league? Is he already passed Tatar? I expect Slafkovsky will be the best once he gets either next season or the year after but is Ruzicka the best now?

Reactions: E D

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Reminds me a bit of Zacha, another Sarnia Sting alumni. Definitely has a ways to go defensively to be on his level but uses his reach around the net and makes a lot of small smart plays to keep possession.

Think there's a middle 6 C in there.

Reactions: Fig and hellwar9

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He’s not the world’s best skater by any means, but he’s played well so far in a limited role. I don’t see him going back down to Stockton.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
7 points in 15 games is good start. If he went with 0.5ppg this season that would be pretty impressive given he plays in 4th line.

Reactions: stastny12

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Moved back to AHL after a pretty good first 20 or so games in the NHL. When’s his contract with Calgary up?

RFA after this season. He's in AHL only because of cap, so no need to worry that Flames don't see him as NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad