C Adam Ruzicka - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2017, 109th, CGY)

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
Adam Ruzicka
Height : 194 cm / 6'4"
Weight : 97 kg / 215 lbs
Nationality : Slovakia
Club : Sarnia Sting (OHL)
Draft : 2017 round 4 #109 overall by Calgary Flames
7353.jpg

Last edited:

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Being underrated for the 2017 draft. Many don't even have him in the 1st round right now.

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Yes, hockey buzz is the only group i have seen who have him remotely that high.

A place like this: http://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/mock-drafts/nhl/2017/player-rankings/ doesn't even have him mentioned as one of the top 200 players mocked for 2017. I think a place like ISS has him outside their two rounds.

Like I said he has been underrated.

The draft is still over a year away and big Adam has been a big fish in a small pond.

Playing against better competition next year, even if it's only in tournaments next year will go a long way in figuring out how he stacks up.

No idea on why some people obsess on if a guy is under or over rated a full year outside of their draft year...it's simply way too early to tell.

Patera

Nov 16, 2015
Draftsite says: "Big winger who can skate, move the puck and score. Soft hands and emerging physical tools, with good vision and execution." I read somewhere that skating was one of his biggest issues. I'm glad to hear that he has improved his skating.

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
1 #14 overall by HC Slovan Bratislava in the KHL Draft
2 #107 overall by Sarnia Sting in the CHL Import Draft

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Been watching him through two games at the Hlinka Memorial and he's been the standout on Team Slovakia in my eyes. Most of their offense seems to go through him. He's a big kid listed at 6'4 209lbs. Had 30 points in 30 games in czech juniors last year and already played in the Hlinka tournament last year as well as the U18 championships and seems to have done well.

Sarnia Sting holds his rights in the CHL but with them already having signed Filip Helt and having Pavel Zacha as a potential returning import I assume he won't be able to play for Sarnia this year. Not sure where he is playing this coming season, perhaps someone could enlighten me.

He's ranked 26th on HockeyProspect's early 2017 ranking, so he seems to be highly thought of, at least by some scouts. What are you guys' thoughts on him? Anyone seem him play and could give a detailed scouting report?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=228366

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I believe he will be playing in KHL in Slovan Bratislava in this season

Last edited by a moderator:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I believe he will be playing in KHL in Slovan Bratislava in this season

Seems to be true. But i dont like it very much. There is not much room in forwards group. But i he can find his place, like Marko Dano did, it will be good.

For now there is 15 forwards (without Ruzicka)
Jonathan Cheechoo
Michal Hlinka
Ziga Jeglic
Tomas Kubalik
Patrik Lusnak
Michel Miklik
Vaclav Nedorost
Juraj Siska
Pavol Skalicky
Radek Smolenak
Andrej Stastny
Jakub Valsky
Marek Viedensky
Lukáš Vopelka
Tomas Zigo

If he will make the team, he will be for sure in many games only as special 13. forward. Maybe they will loan him to some Slovak team.

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
2016 Ivan Hlinka Tournament, Adam Ruzicka captain team Slovakia. Stats GP:4 G:2 A:2 TP:4

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What does this mean for Sarnia? Don't they have 3 imports now? Or they'll just wait and see if Zacha sticks in the NHL and if he doesn't they'll deal one of Helt and Ruzicka? I assume they will be going all-in for the Mem Cup if Zacha, Chychrun and Konecny all return.

Anyway, nice to see Ruzicka come over. Liked what I saw from him in the Hlinka tournament. Lots of potential there. Reminds me a little bit of Dylan Strome.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What does this mean for Sarnia? Don't they have 3 imports now? Or they'll just wait and see if Zacha sticks in the NHL and if he doesn't they'll deal one of Helt and Ruzicka? I assume they will be going all-in for the Mem Cup if Zacha, Chychrun and Konecny all return.

Anyway, nice to see Ruzicka come over. Liked what I saw from him in the Hlinka tournament. Lots of potential there. Reminds me a little bit of Dylan Strome.

I'm guessing this means Zacha is gone. They can hold all three of the players rights because Zacha is a NHL first round pick. But if Zacha was featured they'd have to release one of Helt or Ruzicka, which obviously wouldn't happen since both were just signed.

The only other solution if Zacha were returned would be to trade him.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This kid has NHL size and the skill to go with it. He'll go high even with an above average season.
I have a feeling Zacha will stick in the NHL, I think Sarnia does to.
They should be a solid team next year. They are just pumping out the Czech system players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad