Post-Game Talk: by the spirit of vanek..... (we lost)

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
You know, the comforting thing about all of this is that, this is our last toughest stretch remaining. I'm not saying we aren't going to face any more diffident teams and that games won't be tough. I'm saying we're about to finish a trip in California, against very good teams, Most considered Stanley cup finalists. We played well against Anaheim. LA could have gone better, but I don't think it was terrible considering we had Boots in net, filled an offensive gap and remained within reach of the game. Phoenix, we were tired and let's face it, they're a good team that plays in a very tough division. Now all that's left is San Jose. Hopefully we rest up and can really test how we measure.

After this trip, we're mostly going to be in our local areas. Most games will be either at home, or against our division/conference. We're also going to have only 2 back to back games, which won't be nearly as difficult as what we've faced recently. Otherwise, we'll have either 1 or 2 days in between.

We're still going to be facing tough competition. And some of them being against our most likely opponents in the playoffs. It'll be time to smoothen the rough edges in our team and our system. We'll be able to do that in much easier conditions then this trip has offered.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
That's what I said, these kids need to play. Hopefully this is the last season that Bergevin brings in veterans like Bouillon and Murray on a yearly basis to take that ice time away from the kids

Tinordi and Beaulieu need to be on the roster to start next season

Good point but the way I see it:

Subban Tinordi
Gorges ---
Emelin Beaulieu
---

Space is for Markov or UFA
Other space, could be for Murray/Weaver if they have big play-offs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't get this....sorry. He's not the best thing since beer but far from horrendous. In fact, I think he bring a different set of tools that we needed. Would we love him to be faster?sure but I'm fine with him playing 15-18 mins a game in a defensive role. Come PO time, he's going to be an asset.

No, he's terrible. If you want to use him for 15-18min, then enjoy losing.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Its a tough stretch for the team, after Saturday they'll get a break and Price will be back soon and Vanek can get more comfortable with his linemates so no reason to panic. Was hoping for 2 points out of that back to back and we still managed to do that.

Budaj wasn't good but hard to blame him considering how good he's been for us this year. Based on how he's been playing Tinordi should be playing every single game now.. rotate Weaver vs. quicker teams and Murray vs. teams with bigger forwards and our defense should be fine.

Too logical. I wish there was a way to hide each posters ID and you pick who you thought posted a comment. It seems like the same people ALWAYS think the sky is falling even in a win and then have 'I told you so in a loss'. I honestly do not know what is worst. Certain posters constant whining and criticizing or those who think they can change that persons mind by logic. I disagree with some of MTs choices but we are winning more then we are losing. We should make the playoffs. If we have a 1st round match up like last year we are better prepared for it with our size and grit we added this year. But flame away those who disagree. Do not let the sunshine break through your black cloud. Plus I am counting down the days to our trip up vs brooins. Our 1st home game back from a road trip and against the hated ones..

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Score isn't a reflection of the game... I'm optimistic for the future.
Tail-end of a back to back, Gionta was skating like an Oldtimer... Does anyone actually believe he's the guy to feed Vanek?
Still very excited!

Hey, he gave Vanek his best scoring chance ! If he can keep feeding Vanek for one scoring chance of that quality every game, he'll rack up a lot of assists ( but I doubt it, that pass was kinda lucky).

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Therrien needs to create an other scoring line. Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher have been carrying this team for a while now... Vanek - Plekanec - Galchenyuk is the way to go.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I hate him on the PP for one simple reason: he passes up shots that he should take. I get really sick of seeing him get open looks and cross ice feeds and then passing to Subban when the defense is watching P.K. like a hawk. 76 shots on goal in 62 games is a stupidly low number for a top line center with first line PP minutes to have.

Yeah, Vanek at some point gave him a perfect cross-ice feed for a shot and DD just waited to give the puck back to someone else. I was screaming at my TV for him to shoot it. At least, that'll teach Vanek not to pass it to DD expecting him to shoot and score.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
That's what I said, these kids need to play. Hopefully this is the last season that Bergevin brings in veterans like Bouillon and Murray on a yearly basis to take that ice time away from the kids

Tinordi and Beaulieu need to be on the roster to start next season

Agreed. I want to see Nygren, Pateryn and Beaulieu next season. Let the kids play. No more Bouillon and Murray! :cry:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Agreed. I want to see Nygren, Pateryn and Beaulieu next season. Let the kids play. No more Bouillon and Murray! :cry:

You are more interested in prospect playing in the NHL than winning I gather. Name the last Cup contender with four rookie dmen (counting Tinordi).....and after you've named one..name another. Pretty much an impossible task isn't it?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
You are more interested in prospect playing in the NHL than winning I gather. Name the last Cup contender with four rookie dmen (counting Tinordi).....and after you've named one..name another. Pretty much an impossible task isn't it?

Subban, Markov, Emelin and Gorges = our top 4. I would rotate the kids on the bottom pairing next season and see what they can do. Tinordi is already ahead of Murray and Boullon on the depth chart or do you disagree?? I like healthy competition and I want to see the kids duke it out for the last spot. Beaulieu is not far behind and alteast when they make mistakes I can attribute that to learning curve but to keep playing Bouillon powerplay after powerplay is asinine and Murray... hey atleast he's big! Oh wait he does a better job at screening our goalie than the other team does. :sarcasm:

Analyzer*

After the 4th goal, I turned it off and went to bed. I probably should have turned it off when Emelin's goal was disallowed, but Korpikoski was able to nudge Budaj before he scored on the tip....

Wasn't a very good game. Go figure, they play a weaker opponent and don't bother to show up in the 1st and 3rd.

Hopefully the game on Saturday is better as the Sharks are better.

PricePkPatch*

Subban, Markov, Emelin and Gorges = our top 4. I would rotate the kids on the bottom pairing next season and see what they can do. Tinordi is already ahead of Murray and Boullon on the depth chart or do you disagree?? I like healthy competition and I want to see the kids duke it out for the last spot. Beaulieu is not far behind and alteast when they make mistakes I can attribute that to learning curve but to keep playing Bouillon powerplay after powerplay is asinine and Murray... hey atleast he's big! Oh wait he does a better job at screening our goalie than the other team does. :sarcasm:

Murray was damn effective in the game against Anaheim.

And against the Leafs
And against the Bruins

Seriously. Against the heavier team, a D like Murray is at a premium. I am also quite high on TInordi helping against those teams.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Therrien needs to create an other scoring line. Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher have been carrying this team for a while now... Vanek - Plekanec - Galchenyuk is the way to go.
Yes that has to happen, just load up the first 2 lines and let them loose. They will carry the team in no time. That's a pretty decent top 6 with skill and good size. We have enough players to fill out the rest of our bottom 6 and be solid. But I just don't see Therrien demoting his beloved Gionta to the 3rd line. We need to surround Vanek with some skill, not have him mess around with grinders like Gionta. Gionta on the 3rd line with Eller and Bourne would be a solid 3rd line.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Yes that has to happen, just load up the first 2 lines and let them loose. They will carry the team in no time. That's a pretty decent top 6 with skill and good size. We have enough players to fill out the rest of our bottom 6 and be solid. But I just don't see Therrien demoting his beloved Gionta to the 3rd line. We need to surround Vanek with some skill, not have him mess around with grinders like Gionta. Gionta on the 3rd line with Eller and Bourne would be a solid 3rd line.

Agreed. This team has enough depth to create an excellent offensive-defensive third line with Gionta - Eller - Brière/Bourque/Bournival. I'm afraid Therrien doesn't want Plekanec on an all-offensive line. It will happen at some point.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He's not good at blocking shots, he has no choice but to block shots because he can't get to pucks or players. So he's stuck staying close to the net. He's naturally big, so he'll block shots thanks to his size. Whoopteedoo.
He used to be a pretty good shutdown guy, those days are long gone.

A very good pair is quite the stretch, and asking a rookie to carry this dead weight was completely ridiculous. There hasn't been one pairing with Murray that's looked good. At the very best it was "decent for a few games" to bad, to horrible.
But Murray, individually, is just horrendous.

Your agenda does not match reality.

One goal was scored while The slow and horrible Murray was on the ice. Two goals were score while the ultra fast Norris winning Subban was on the ice. Now what's the excuse/reason for that?

This team missed Gorges last night. He is a prolific shot blocker. Blocked shots don't end up in the goal.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Our 3rd line should be Briere Eller Gionta. I am past tired of Bourque and his ****** play that neutralizes whatever line he is on.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Weaver brings absolutely nothing to the table, atleast Beaulieu can create some offense..

He is too small. Sure he gives effort but effort without results from a DMan is worthless.

We don't need a DD clone playing D. Beaulieu is a far better DMan.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Weaver brings absolutely nothing to the table, atleast Beaulieu can create some offense..

He brings the same qualities as Gorges brings. He may not be as good, but that's what he provides. The guy had one game, only ONE, where everyone looked and played tired.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Watching Tinordi play yesterday.. He will be very very very good. Has excellent mobility and he doesnt need to take a million strides to get to full speed. Can't wait for him to be a top pairing D-man along with Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad