Buying An Islanders Jersey

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I don't understand the logic -- if you are over xx age, then you cant wear a jersey.

Little help here?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Atleast there’s meaning behind that one. My favorite are the people who think buying jerseys with stupid names and numbers are cool/funny. I might sound like a traditionalist but I hate getting names on jerseys because I’m convinced they’d trade the player right after.
I kind of like the "no name" jersey too. The only Isles jersey that I own is a circa 1976 blue jersey with no name or number on the back. It has the neck laces, which is pretty cool. If I lose 20 lbs I can wear it! :laugh:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't understand the logic -- if you are over xx age, then you cant wear a jersey.

Little help here?
I wouldn't say "can't". Personal preference. This would be my preference, but those days are gone:

1665508576233.png

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Someone gave me a Flyers' jersey with my name and number 50 on the back when I turned 50. I wouldn't wear a jersey at this point anyway, but I certainly wouldn't wear that one (because it's a Flyers jersey, plus my name on the back). But I've held onto it in the hope that the one player in the league with my last name is traded to the Flyers and picks #50 so I can sell it. Long shot, I know....
Autograph it and Ebay it! Bet someone will bid :)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Someone gave me a Flyers' jersey with my name and number 50 on the back when I turned 50. I wouldn't wear a jersey at this point anyway, but I certainly wouldn't wear that one (because it's a Flyers jersey, plus my name on the back). But I've held onto it in the hope that the one player in the league with my last name is traded to the Flyers and picks #50 so I can sell it. Long shot, I know....

Doublechili Marchand!

Reactions: doublechili

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007

Little help here?
I have never heard this until this thread lol I think it is weird not to wear one. Any time I see someone wearing a Jersey I think “that’s a real fan” when I see someone wearing a Jersey of a current player I think “that’s a die hard”. If I see someone in a t shirt or someone with no isles merchandise I think casual. Of course that isnt necessarily true because some people don’t have the money to spend but it is just my initial reaction. I will be wearing a Jersey to games until the day I die. My current Jersey, I will be wearing Thursday. Just got the patch put on. Love it

Attachments

• D725B4F6-4E59-4150-9AD5-986580A2FC8C.jpeg
    D725B4F6-4E59-4150-9AD5-986580A2FC8C.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: IslesCLT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad