Buying An Islanders Jersey

PeteRFNY

Apr 9, 2007
Clinton, NJ
rfny.hankhayes.com
Need some help trying to track down a reputable yet affordable place to pick up an Islanders jersey for the missus. Her birthday is coming up and she's always wanted one so I am hoping to get one for her, but trying to find a place online that seems legit (there are a lot of places selling jerseys for under $70 that look shady to say the least) and won't turn me upside-down and shake the coins out of my pockets.

In a perfect world I'd love to find a Clutterbuck jersey (hey, that's what she wants!) - a real jersey, not one of those goofy ones they make for women, she'd probably hate one of those!

Any suggestions from the populace on where to go these days? I used to just trek down to a sporting goods store - harder to do that and keep it a secret when you work from home. Thanks all!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Need some help trying to track down a reputable yet affordable place to pick up an Islanders jersey for the missus. Her birthday is coming up and she's always wanted one so I am hoping to get one for her, but trying to find a place online that seems legit (there are a lot of places selling jerseys for under $70 that look shady to say the least) and won't turn me upside-down and shake the coins out of my pockets.

In a perfect world I'd love to find a Clutterbuck jersey (hey, that's what she wants!) - a real jersey, not one of those goofy ones they make for women, she'd probably hate one of those!

Any suggestions from the populace on where to go these days? I used to just trek down to a sporting goods store - harder to do that and keep it a secret when you work from home. Thanks all!

Best bet for authenticity and variety and quality is to make the trek from Jersey to the Isles shop at Northwell, their practice facility. Top notch quality and selection, but its not cheap. Def call and make sure they have in stock before you come.

New York Islanders - Pro Shops

Past that, I would buy online at the NHL shop, where you would have solid quality too.

After that I think its a bit of a crapshoot. Don't go getting your wife some cheap shit! LOL

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Back in the day, they used to charge per letter and number. And the Capitals cost extra because of the stars sewn on. I couldn't afford Clutterbuck 15. Hart 2 was more my budget. I was always jealous of Bobby Orr fans.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp

Not sure when the occasion is but I was referred to a ‘reputable’ site in China. Delivery takes a while. Ordered late October and they just arrived in time for Xmas.

3 barzal jerseys… home away and all star. Knock it out of the park quality and stitching. Tags and all. 40 bucks each.

DM me if you’re interested in the site.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Not sure when the occasion is but I was referred to a ‘reputable’ site in China. Delivery takes a while. Ordered late October and they just arrived in time for Xmas.

3 barzal jerseys… home away and all star. Knock it out of the park quality and stitching. Tags and all. 40 bucks each.

DM me if you’re interested in the site.
There are a few good sites in China. They change names and URL often as they get caught. There are also many that have leftover Taveras jerseys on sale.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hockey authentic, Coolhockey, and Sportsk are all solid shops for legit jerseys, and I'm sure you could find plenty on eBay. I've never seen a Chinese knockoff that didn't immediately stand out to me as a fake, regardless of how good someone swears a particular site is. Best place to get customization for Islanders jerseys done is Stitches NY, the company that does the lettering for the jerseys the players actually wear in-game. They charge $80 per jersey, regardless of name/number.

Reactions: PeteRFNY

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
My .02 on all things jerseys… consider a classic Islander (e.g. Potvin, Trottier, Bossy, etc.).

Trades, injuries and free agency ruin plenty an expensive jersey purchase. Trust me. I’ll only ever get a Dynasty Islander now (or possibly a LaFontaine or Turgeon whose Islander legacies are pretty well settled even though they got traded).

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
My .02 on all things jerseys… consider a classic Islander (e.g. Potvin, Trottier, Bossy, etc.).

Trades, injuries and free agency ruin plenty an expensive jersey purchase. Trust me. I’ll only ever get a Dynasty Islander now (or possibly a LaFontaine or Turgeon whose Islander legacies are pretty well settled even though they got traded).

you will often pay by the letter for the players name so the budget conscious should consider the never out of stock, buy 1 get 2 free,, Jon Sim sweater

Reactions: Islander Class

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I buy all mine straight from Fanatics. Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it seems you want a reputable source but you don't want to pay reputable prices? I don't have any discount store links, perhaps others do. I've never had a problem with fanatics though.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bro. I gotchooo

They don’t make em anymore. Weathered, worn. SO many wins.

make me an offer.
076A41E9-5514-41EA-9443-A3F066E97FD0.jpeg

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I buy all mine straight from Fanatics. Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it seems you want a reputable source but you don't want to pay reputable prices? I don't have any discount store links, perhaps others do. I've never had a problem with fanatics though.
Hence, the funnies above about authentic and China in the same sentence…(uh-huh) for $40…yeah, they are just bypassing the licensing fee (uh-huh).

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Paid 40 bucks from China and I dare u to find a difference between it and anything sold in nyi team store.

China all day.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Paid 40 bucks from China and I dare u to find a difference between it and anything sold in nyi team store.

China all day.

Post a picture then. All of the ones I've ever gotten from China are noticeably cheaper quality (I've gotten 3 total).

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
When they have stock....

SportsK/Cool Hockey for the jersey
Pro shop (Send to Stitches) for the customization

Ned Starks Head

May 8, 2013
North Carolina
There are a few good sites in China. They change names and URL often as they get caught. There are also many that have leftover Taveras jerseys on sale.

Hockey authentic, Coolhockey, and Sportsk are all solid shops for legit jerseys, and I'm sure you could find plenty on eBay. I've never seen a Chinese knockoff that didn't immediately stand out to me as a fake, regardless of how good someone swears a particular site is.

A few years ago I ordered a 2007-2010 style jersey from one of the Chinese sites. Navy/Orange. $50.

This style:
Islanders25b.jpg

The sewn on numbers, crest etc. were really good quality.....only problem is, it came in the current royal blue color. :huh:
Also, the neck hole was a bit too big.

Other than that....it was fine. :D

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Check eBay to see if anyone is selling a blank jersey cheap then like multiple people stated, send to Stitches for customization. Whatever you do, don’t buy those Chinese things. They look awful, the quality is beyond subpar and the sizing is a crapshoot.

Reactions: PeteRFNY

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

China all day.
There’s a guy in Drive4Five that I think has 50 of them. Not one of them looks anything close to decent (colors are wrong, crest/numbers/letters look misshapen plus a slew of other things I can name). Post a photo and prove us wrong.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Check eBay to see if anyone is selling a blank jersey cheap then like multiple people stated, send to Stitches for customization. Whatever you do, don’t buy those Chinese things. They look awful, the quality is beyond subpar and the sizing is a crapshoot.

I have the knockoffs for when I go to other arenas because I worry some asshole is going to do something dumb and might ruin an expensive one.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I have the knockoffs for when I go to other arenas because I worry some asshole is going to do something dumb and might ruin an expensive one.
That’s probably the only logical reason why someone would buy one. Then again, the only arenas where I fully expect someone to do something stupid are MSG or Wells Fargo. Then again, those fanbases are both special groups.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That’s probably the only logical reason why someone would buy one. Then again, the only arenas where I fully expect someone to do something stupid are MSG or Wells Fargo. Then again, those fanbases are both special groups.

Wells Fargo is the closest arena to me so it is the one I visit most frequently, but I've never had an issue. You just never know when it's coming. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad