Buying An Islanders Jersey

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Bruins fan coming in peace.

I bought an Isles fisherman cap online through IslesLab a couple weeks back. I was really happy with the service and turnaround time.

I may have to grab a reverse retro jersey when they drop.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
What did we decide is the best option? Also, another question... Is a man in his mid 40s pathetic for wearing a jersey to a game? Does it make you look like a rube?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What did we decide is the best option? Also, another question... Is a man in his mid 40s pathetic for wearing a jersey to a game? Does it make you look like a rube?
Plenty of people do it. Just don’t get one with your own name on the back/some stupid comment in replace of (I.E. Traitor over a Tavares nameplate). Either a blank or any legitimate player is fine IMO. You’ll see players from just about every decade at games.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yes, but should those people be mocked and derided?
Regular jerseys? No. The stupid ones like the Traitor/Snake nameplates and other stupid stuff? Of course. I personally like to hunt around for oddball names when I go to games. I also laugh at the DHGate/Wish/Alibaba jerseys that I see because we all know with all the secondary market options you can find a quality jersey for an affordable price.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Reasonable question but without them and the overserving of adult beverages, the Tuesday night games in February would be less lively than a funeral.
This settles it. I'm just gonna get a tshirt. The jersey thing seems fine if you're 26 and still live with roommates, or you're 52 and have a "man cave."

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
This settles it. I'm just gonna get a tshirt. The jersey thing seems fine if you're 26 and still live with roommates, or you're 52 and have a "man cave."
The alternative take and sarcasm are appreciated.

I too went t shirt and hat a few years back. I call it maturity but maybe I’m just embarrassed to wear my Ho Sang jersey. JK.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The alternative take and sarcasm are appreciated.

I too went t shirt and hat a few years back. I call it maturity but maybe I’m just embarrassed to wear my Ho Sang jersey. JK.
The guy on your jersey needs to find some acting lessons because those Keeps commercials aren’t good for a guy of such prestige:

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Regular jerseys? No. The stupid ones like the Traitor/Snake nameplates and other stupid stuff? Of course. I personally like to hunt around for oddball names when I go to games. I also laugh at the DHGate/Wish/Alibaba jerseys that I see because we all know with all the secondary market options you can find a quality jersey for an affordable price.
Gotta love the weird orange and blue colors on those third market jerseys. Although I did by a parking lot bucket hat that wasn't bad.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Gotta love the weird orange and blue colors on those third market jerseys. Although I did by a parking lot bucket hat that wasn't bad.
Almost as good as that one third jersey we had where the shoulders were white/light grey on every knock off.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I feel the complete opposite. I think it is weird to go to a game and not wear a jersey lol I don’t see what age has to do with wearing a Jersey or not lol

Edit: just read more of the thread pretty sure you post was sarcastic ha

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just don’t get one with your own name on the back
Someone gave me a Flyers' jersey with my name and number 50 on the back when I turned 50. I wouldn't wear a jersey at this point anyway, but I certainly wouldn't wear that one (because it's a Flyers jersey, plus my name on the back). But I've held onto it in the hope that the one player in the league with my last name is traded to the Flyers and picks #50 so I can sell it. Long shot, I know....

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Someone gave me a Flyers' jersey with my name and 50 on the back when I turned 50. I wouldn't wear a jersey at this point anyway, but I certainly wouldn't wear that one (because it's a Flyers jersey, plus my name on the back). But I've held onto it in the hope that the one player in the league with my last name is traded to the Flyers and picks #50 so I can sell it. Long shot, I know....
Atleast there’s meaning behind that one. My favorite are the people who think buying jerseys with stupid names and numbers are cool/funny. I might sound like a traditionalist but I hate getting names on jerseys because I’m convinced they’d trade the player right after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad