Buying An Islanders Jersey

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Wells Fargo is the closest arena to me so it is the one I visit most frequently, but I've never had an issue. You just never know when it's coming. :laugh:
Those bus loads of South Jersey/Delco Flyers fans to the Coliseum we’re probably the worst group of fans to ever step foot here. Even Leafs fans weren’t that bad.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Need some help trying to track down a reputable yet affordable place to pick up an Islanders jersey for the missus. Her birthday is coming up and she's always wanted one so I am hoping to get one for her, but trying to find a place online that seems legit (there are a lot of places selling jerseys for under $70 that look shady to say the least) and won't turn me upside-down and shake the coins out of my pockets.

In a perfect world I'd love to find a Clutterbuck jersey (hey, that's what she wants!) - a real jersey, not one of those goofy ones they make for women, she'd probably hate one of those!

Any suggestions from the populace on where to go these days? I used to just trek down to a sporting goods store - harder to do that and keep it a secret when you work from home. Thanks all!

Andrew Ladd New York Islanders Reebok Women's Home Premier Player Jersey - Royal

You're welcome.

PeteRFNY

Apr 9, 2007
Clinton, NJ
rfny.hankhayes.com
I buy all mine straight from Fanatics. Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it seems you want a reputable source but you don't want to pay reputable prices? I don't have any discount store links, perhaps others do. I've never had a problem with fanatics though.

Nothing like that, I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off! Prices online seem to be ALL OVER THE PLACE so I was just looking for some good advice, which I am grateful for everybody! :)

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Paid 40 bucks from China and I dare u to find a difference between it and anything sold in nyi team store.

China all day.

Nothing better than getting your Islanders sweater , cream corn , and plastic Christmas tree all in the same place . Another satisfied Walmart shopper...

LGI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Paid 40 bucks from China and I dare u to find a difference between it and anything sold in nyi team store.

China all day.
I used to order from those Chinese sites where they were about $35 - a boat load for shipping but if you got bunch of them, it wasn't too bad per jersey. Well....I gave the info to a buddy (after I ordered one for him in my previous order), he shared the site around his office, but in a big order and then got a long, scary letter from CBP about his shipment getting stopped at the border for piracy, etc. and he could come down to the warehouse and file a report if he wanted to claim it, etc. Haven't ordered since. I figure I can pay full price now. I don't need that many jerseys.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

China all day.
I got a bootleg jersey as a gift once. The name and number were built into the jersey instead of stitched on it. There was also a CCM logo on the back and a Reebok tag. I guess it could have been worse, it looked pretty good for a bootleg.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I used to order from those Chinese sites where they were about $35 - a boat load for shipping but if you got bunch of them, it wasn't too bad per jersey. Well....I gave the info to a buddy (after I ordered one for him in my previous order), he shared the site around his office, but in a big order and then got a long, scary letter from CBP about his shipment getting stopped at the border for piracy, etc. and he could come down to the warehouse and file a report if he wanted to claim it, etc. Haven't ordered since. I figure I can pay full price now. I don't need that many jerseys.
I thought $35-40 was the price for legit jerseys. Who knew something from China at that price would be a bit grey? Shocking...

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
not a jersey but I want to buy a jacket blue orange Islanders style and I found this one at jack n hood
New York Islanders Blue and Orange Varsity Jacket - NHL Varsity Jacket - Jack N Hoods
NewYorkIslandersF_medium.jpg
I don't know anything about this brand jack n hood, is it legit or scam? Unfortunaley they don't sell at Amazon and selling only at their own web shop. Should I buy it or is there a better option?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
not a jersey but I want to buy a jacket blue orange Islanders style and I found this one at jack n hood
New York Islanders Blue and Orange Varsity Jacket - NHL Varsity Jacket - Jack N Hoods
NewYorkIslandersF_medium.jpg
I don't know anything about this brand jack n hood, is it legit or scam? Unfortunaley they don't sell at Amazon and selling only at their own web shop. Should I buy it or is there a better option?

Real or not you'd be the biggest badass in the parking lot getting drunk pregame, so I say get it.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Real or not you'd be the biggest badass in the parking lot getting drunk pregame, so I say get it.
I won't be able to get there into the parking lot (at Belmont or other NHL sites) but instead would proudly wear it here in Germany where nearly nobody knows about the Islanders. But I would feel great with it of course drunk or not.
Any further opinions about the jacket, is it legit or scam? Somewhat over 200 bucks (including shipping to Germany) is not a small amount of pennies so I would like to trust in the advice of you Isles HFBoards mates.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I won't be able to get there into the parking lot (at Belmont or other NHL sites) but instead would proudly wear it here in Germany where nearly nobody knows about the Islanders. But I would feel great with it of course drunk or not.
Any further opinions about the jacket, is it legit or scam? Somewhat over 200 bucks (including shipping to Germany) is not a small amount of pennies so I would like to trust in the advice of you Isles HFBoards mates.

If you do a search on Fanatics, a similar type of jacket costs substantially more than this one... makes me question the validity of the one you're looking at.

New York Islanders Men's Apparel, Islanders Men's Jerseys, Clothing | Fanatics

Reactions: Rengi

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Nothing better than getting your Islanders sweater , cream corn , and plastic Christmas tree all in the same place . Another satisfied Walmart shopper...

LGI

U so funny. U make internet joke. U too cute.

Enjoy the laughable pro jersey from fanatics that’s branded as such and the 4x’s reasonable cost Jersey from the team store.
I used to laugh at the China thing too.

I’m not a Jersey collector so I’m not sure when I’ll take my next swing at it, but when I do I’ll sure as shit use this site.
They went 4 for 4 as far as I’m concerned.

Wish I had a pic of my old school roenick hawks jersey.

wait let me go wipe the creamed corn off of it and snap a photo.

oh, and yeah, it’s creamED corn. Open a book… it helps in life.

Attachments

• 5B63B5CD-BC6C-42D7-AEAA-FCEE7CFF3EA8.jpeg
    5B63B5CD-BC6C-42D7-AEAA-FCEE7CFF3EA8.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 12

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY

Enjoy the laughable pro jersey from fanatics that’s branded as such and the 4x’s reasonable cost Jersey from the team store.

I’m not a Jersey collector so I’m not sure when I’ll take my next swing at it, but when I do I’ll sure as shit use this site.

If you're happy with it then it's whatever but those are really obviously fake, the fonts for the name are wrong, the orange outline on the numbers isn't the right shade, the nameplates are too wide and cut weirdly, and the numbers themselves look too thick..

Reactions: Strummergas

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Not sure where to put this, seemed like best spot, but damn Fanatics apparel is pure trash.

I pulled out long sleeve Isles T today that I got from a credit card promotion at NVMC in like 1996. It definitely shows the wear but the Isles logo is still showin proud.

I got some fanatics stuff the last few years and most of it the iron on decals is about non-existent now. Holes where the shoulders meet the body of the T. Not just Isles, but same for other college teams. Also got an order from Fanatics where there was a crease in the T when they ironed on the logo, so if you flatten the T the design rips in half.

Just low quality trash. Meant to start a thread in the off-season with post pics of your isles gear. I would have started with my 25+ year old t shirt and the some of the crap 2 yr old fanatics.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Not sure where to put this, seemed like best spot, but damn Fanatics apparel is pure trash.

I pulled out long sleeve Isles T today that I got from a credit card promotion at NVMC in like 1996. It definitely shows the west but the Isles logo is still showin proud.

I got some fanatics stuff the last few years and most of it the iron on decals is about non-existent. Holes where the shoulders meet the body of the T. Not just Isles, but same for other college teams. Also got an order from Fanatics where there was a crease in the T when they ironed on the logo, so if you flatten the T the design rips in half.

Just low quality trash. Meant to start a thread in the off-season with post pics of your isles gear. I would have started with my 25+ year old t shirt and the some of the crap 2 yr old fanatics.
If I wanted to get something for my son (age 14) for Christmas, any recommendations as to where? He already has a Barzal hoodie, a team ski cap and a commerative puck from the '21 semis vs Tampa

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

What part of the south are you from? We don't capitalize the ED in "creamed" in NC

Reactions: Sparksrus3

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
His name must be ED
We know he's a JR fan and his mom let him eat with his hockey shirt on. That's a no-no in my house. We show respect for the gear and try not to soil it up with creamED anything. I am gonna open a book though to see what trailor cities in the deepwoods south use that brand of linguistics

Off for a canoli and an Americano. A fine Saturday tradition!

Have a great day man.

I'll be around later for more fun and frivolity I'm sure

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I buy all mine straight from Fanatics. Maybe I'm misinterpreting but it seems you want a reputable source but you don't want to pay reputable prices? I don't have any discount store links, perhaps others do. I've never had a problem with fanatics though.

Do the Jersey's from fanatics have sewn on patches?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad