Buy or Sell: 2014-15 Pittsburgh Penguins Edition

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Buy. All that poor decision making was on Bylsma and his beyond Pejorative Slured "system".

Buy or sell Downie is suspended for at least 2 games this year?

Buy. Pretty sure the suspension for gouging Marc Staal's good eye after Staal hits Sid in the back of the neck will be more like 20 games.

Buy or sell. Paul Martin is traded by new year's day.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Buy. Pretty sure the suspension for gouging Marc Staal's good eye after Staal hits Sid in the back of the neck will be more like 20 games.

Sell, perhaps at the deadline, but its unlikely to happen before, if at all. That being said, I want him traded for a top 6 winger, and because I want it, it will not happen. ;)

Buy or Sell, Brian Dumoulin makes a significant impact at the NHL level this year.

penguins2946*

Sell, too many D ahead of him on the depth chart for him to make a significant impact in the NHL. In order for him to even be recalled, we would need 2 injuries and to move out one of our D, and that's assuming he's ahead of Pouliot on the depth chart.

Buy or sell: Bennett plays at least 70 games this year

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sell, perhaps at the deadline, but its unlikely to happen before, if at all. That being said, I want him traded for a top 6 winger, and because I want it, it will not happen. ;)

Buy or Sell, Brian Dumoulin makes a significant impact at the NHL level this year.

Sell. Maata is back. They want to give Despres a chance. Dumoulin is waiver eligible, and I don't see him as one of the top six defensemen. Odd man out for this year. But, in the same way that the coaches are watching to see what Despres does, how healthy Maatta seems, and Pouliot's development to dictate when Martin goes, Dumoulin's readiness and Harrington's development may be the items dictating when Scuderi becomes expendable.

BUY or SELL: It's going to be very early in the season that Downie and/or Carcillo if he sticks sends messages to the Flyers, the Rangers, and the Jackets about what you can and can't do with Sid and Geno, and the messages will look like a few nuclear bombs being used to deal with stabbings.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Sell. Maata is back. They want to give Despres a chance. Dumoulin is waiver eligible, and I don't see him as one of the top six defensemen. Odd man out for this year. But, in the same way that the coaches are watching to see what Despres does, how healthy Maatta seems, and Pouliot's development to dictate when Martin goes, Dumoulin's readiness and Harrington's development may be the items dictating when Scuderi becomes expendable.

BUY or SELL: It's going to be very early in the season that Downie and/or Carcillo if he sticks sends messages to the Flyers, the Rangers, and the Jackets about what you can and can't do with Sid and Geno, and the messages will look like a few nuclear bombs being used to deal with stabbings.

Buy. This team is clearly trying to change the way they play and become tougher and nobody knows this better than Downie/Carcillo. If they feel that they can prevent the opposition from taking liberties with Sid and Geno than they will do whatever is necessary to ensure that is the reality. I don't particularly care if they get suspended even. I want other teams skating around being scared of getting nailed at all times. I want the Penguins to be the most hated team in the league by far. They should trade for Cooke, get Ruutu back as well as Rupp, Asham and Biznasty and introduce them all like the final game from slapshot.

Buy or Sell: Erhoff is the qb this pp has been missing since Gonch left.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Buy or Sell: Erhoff is the qb this pp has been missing since Gonch left.

Buy AND sell, where's a healthy Letang in that picture?

Buy & Sell, the new Pens puck possession system will be more entertaining to watch than the old dump & chip one?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

I'm leaning towards that happening. If they want to make a splash for a top 6 forward, they need to shed significant salary and deal from a position of strength. Buy.

Buy or sell. Downie outproduces Bennett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad