Buy or Sell: 2014-15 Pittsburgh Penguins Edition

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
It's easy, answer the buy or sell question before you post your own. It can be anything Penguins related. Try and keep it hockey wise (aka no Rossi stuff).

First question:

Buy or Sell:

Rob Scuderi stays with the team the whole season?

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
It's easy, answer the buy or sell question before you post your own. It can be anything Penguins related. Try and keep it hockey wise (aka no Rossi stuff).

First question:

Buy or Sell:

Rob Scuderi stays with the team the whole season?

Sell, blocking da kids.

Buy or Sell:

Fleury plays like '08-'09 under new system and coaching........

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sell, blocking da kids.

Buy or Sell:

Fleury plays like '08-'09 under new system and coaching........

I'll buy that.
I think his season and playoffs GAA could be better with a more hyper offensive, puck possesion system which is much more like the way they played in 08-09.

Hornqvist scores 30-40 goals this season?

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'll buy that.
I think he's season and playoffs GAA could be better with a more hyper offensive, puck possesion system.

Hornqvist scores 30-40 goals this season?

Buy, 31.

Sid and Geno stay (relatively, 75+ games played) healthy this year.

DawgPens

Jul 10, 2012
Athens, GA
Buy.

But he'll only be there for a few shifts a game, not usually.

Buy or Sell. Pens get a top six winger at the deadline

Sell. If they haven't acquired a top winger before the deadline, the price will be too high and the Pens won't have the pieces to get it done.

Buy or Sell: Sutter has a break-out year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sell. If they haven't acquired a top winger before the deadline, the price will be too high and the Pens won't have the pieces to get it done.

Buy or Sell: Sutter has a break-out year.

Depends on your view of breakout but I'll buy with the notion that 20 goals 40 points is a breakout year on the Pens.

Buy or sell: Greiss plays 25+ games and looks like a viable starter.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Depends on your view of breakout but I'll buy with the notion that 20 goals 40 points is a breakout year on the Pens.

Buy or sell: Greiss plays 25+ games and looks like a viable starter.

Buy, although I am really high on Greiss, and it is interesting to have our 2 goalies in there contract years.

Buy or sell: Bennett impresses and stays healthy in the top 6.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Buy, although I am really high on Greiss, and it is interesting to have our 2 goalies in there contract years.

Buy or sell: Bennett impresses and stays healthy in the top 6.

Buy, assuming you consider 75ish games healthy and 45-50ish points with little to no top unit PP time impressive. He'll probably still get banged up a little bit at some point.

Buy or Sell: Despres holds onto a top 4 spot even after Maatta comes back.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Buy, assuming you consider 75ish games healthy and 45-50ish points with little to no top unit PP time impressive. He'll probably still get banged up a little bit at some point.

Not gonna do the buy or sell, but I would say that would be enough to call it a success.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Buy or Sell: Despres holds onto a top 4 spot even after Maatta comes back.

Buy, dude is a beast.

Buy or Sell: One of Archibald, Rust, or Wilson will earn a spot on the team by playoffs.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
sell. archibald maaaaybe. if there's enough injuries he might be 2nd or 3rd call up.

buy or sell: by the end of the season megna has started taking third line shifts from dupuis

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Sell, Duper ain't a top 6 forward, but he's way underrated around here, there's no way he drops below the 3rd line unless he reinjures something. Megna's only got him in slipperiness.

Buy or Sell, Payerl becomes a 4th line fixture this season?

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Buy or Sell, Payerl becomes a 4th line fixture this season?

Split here. I love PL3, but fixture as in regularly seen, 13th forward when healthy, no. I will sell in that case, which I think is what your going for.

Buy or sell, Penguins have top 5 special teams in both categories.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Split here. I love PL3, but fixture as in regularly seen, 13th forward when healthy, no. I will sell in that case, which I think is what your going for.

Buy or sell, Penguins have top 5 special teams in both categories.

Buy. We have all the tools to excel in both areas.

Buy Or Sell: both Malkin and Crosby put up 100+ points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad