Buy or Sell: 2014-15 Pittsburgh Penguins Edition

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Buy, he will be #1 call-up for everyone except Erhoff (DP)

Buy or Sell: MAF will continue to improve with not Meloche as goalie coach.

Sell. I think he will be what he was last year, solid, with a few gaffes here and there, but not like 2012/13 playoffs bad.

Buy or Sell: Kunitz Crosby Dupuis, is one of the best lines in hockey in the regular season (like in 2013).

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sell. I think he will be what he was last year, solid, with a few gaffes here and there, but not like 2012/13 playoffs bad.

Buy or Sell: Kunitz Crosby Dupuis, is one of the best lines in hockey in the regular season (like in 2013).

Sell. Based on Johnston's comments, I doubt they're even together very often. And if they were, still sell because the best lines in hockey don't have one-legged 35 year olds on them.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Try to post a question as well when answering please. Thanks!

Buy or Sell: Ehrhoff has more goals than Kulemin.

sell, kulemin will hit 20 at least. come on now

buy or sell: pens score >4 shorthanded goals, for the first time since 2011 (the penguins went from double digit shorties in 2010 and 2011 to a whopping 4, 4, and 2 in the last thre seasons)

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
sell, kulemin will hit 20 at least. come on now

buy or sell: pens score >4 shorthanded goals, for the first time since 2011 (the penguins went from double digit shorties in 2010 and 2011 to a whopping 4, 4, and 2 in the last thre seasons)

Buy. The PK should see some Sid and Geno, not to mention just better players then Glass and Adams who should see PK time (Comeau, Goc, Megna, Dupuis).

Buy or sell: Megna plays 65+ games (if healthy)

penguins2946*

Buy. The PK should see some Sid and Geno, not to mention just better players then Glass and Adams who should see PK time (Comeau, Goc, Megna, Dupuis).

Buy or sell: Megna plays 65+ games (if healthy)

Sell. I don't see us having that many injuries this year. He will play in the NHL a fair amount, and he'll be the 1st call up when we lose a top-9 forward, but I don't think enough injuries will pile up for him to play that much. If we get another top-6 winger like a lot of people here are hoping, that becomes even less likely. I don't see him outplaying any of Spaling, Downie, Bennett, Kunitz or Hornqvist, and hopefully we will be getting another top-6 winger

Forgot a question. Buy or sell, Sutter isn't in the Pens organization by the trade deadline

Last edited by a moderator:

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Sell. I don't see us having that many injuries this year. He will play in the NHL a fair amount, and he'll be the 1st call up when we lose a top-9 forward, but I don't think enough injuries will pile up for him to play that much. If we get another top-6 winger like a lot of people here are hoping, that becomes even less likely. I don't see him outplaying any of Spaling, Downie, Bennett, Kunitz or Hornqvist, and hopefully we will be getting another top-6 winger

Forgot a question. Buy or sell, Sutter isn't in the Pens organization by the trade deadline
Sell. He'll be on the 3rd line in the playoffs.

Buy or Sell: Jayson Megna will play more than half the season on the NHL roster. (41 games)

BobCole

May 21, 2014
hmmmm. Buy, just. I think he'll be right around 25-28.

Buy or sell: Goc will outplay Sutter this season.

Buy. I think Goc is underrated, and we didn't really get the chance to see him playing healthy for a decent stretch of time last season. I also think Sutter is overrated. I think he's a very average 3C and - unfortunately for him - people expect more from him because of his last name.

Buy or Sell: Carcillo is a Penguin on day 1 of the regular season.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Buy. I think Goc is underrated, and we didn't really get the chance to see him playing healthy for a decent stretch of time last season. I also think Sutter is overrated. I think he's a very average 3C and - unfortunately for him - people expect more from him because of his last name.

Buy or Sell: Carcillo is a Penguin on day 1 of the regular season.

Buy. He'll make the team.

Buy or Sell: Downie will underperform here and being a whipping boy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Sell, I think he will get close to 30, not peak it though. Hopefully im wrong.

Buy or Sell: We lose over 300+ man-games to injury again and become the WBS Penguins by mid-season like last year.

Sell. I think we'll have injuries, but not like we've had in the past under Bylsma's system.

Buy or Sell: Duper returns from injury much better than anyone anticipates, but at least two of the kids have a really strong camp, making him expendable so he's traded.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Sell. I think we'll have injuries, but not like we've had in the past under Bylsma's system.

Buy or Sell: Duper returns from injury much better than anyone anticipates, but at least two of the kids have a really strong camp, making him expendable so he's traded.

Sell, he will come back stronger than people think, but he will not be traded this season.

Buy or Sell, Martin will be traded at any point this season.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Buy. Deadline deal for a winger

Buy or sell: Beau Bennett plays more than half the season

Buy. At least 70.

Buy or sell: Carcillo is in the lineup for all Flyers games and it is great

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Buy. At least 70.

Buy or sell: Carcillo is in the lineup for all Flyers games and it is great

Buy, and I hope he takes the pimp hand to Giroux.

Buy or sell, Kapanen spends some time in the NHL this regular season.

Edit: Seriously, I hope Carbomb slaps the taste out of Giroux's mouth.

Last edited:

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Buy, and I hope he takes the pimp hand to Giroux.

Buy or sell, Kapanen spends some time in the NHL this regular season.

Edit: Seriously, I hope Carbomb slaps the taste out of Giroux's mouth.

Sell, I don't think he makes the team out of a camp, especially with his injury, and if he gets shipped back to his team in Finland, he probably won't be eligible to come back this season.

Buy or sell: Pouliot is called up when he heals (due to "x"-defenseman's injury) and ends up staying with the team the rest of the year.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Sell, I don't think he makes the team out of a camp, especially with his injury, and if he gets shipped back to his team in Finland, he probably won't be eligible to come back this season.

Buy or sell: Pouliot is called up when he heals (due to "x"-defenseman's injury) and ends up staying with the team the rest of the year.

Buy, but replace bolded with his career.

Buy or Sell, Pouliot has "Maatta like" rookie season.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Buy, but replace bolded with his career.

Buy or Sell, Pouliot has "Maatta like" rookie season.

Sell, unless multiple D go down we won't see him for more than a couple games. He also doesn't have the defensive acumen to make the same sort of impact. He'll take time to get consistent on his coverage and up his effort level in the D zone.

Buy or Sell: Ehrhoff signs for under 5.5M AAV in the new year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad