Burrows Buyout

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
This isn't really about saving money. We're gonna spend the same or more on a replacement player. This is probably the only move we've made all year that isn't about saving money.
Eh. We'll agree to disagree here, I think. The cynic in me thinks that if the buyout was a break-even endeavour, it wouldn't have happened. Because there's a net savings of ~league minimum, the process of buyout + low salary replacement player ends up making this cost neutral with the added bonus of being a very popular move, which is something the team really needs these days.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Good riddance and congrats Pierre from Orleans on this move. The trade never should have happened, but at least this garbage is off our team now. Now get rid of Zack Smith, Mark Borowiecki and Marian Gaborik once he's healthy, and the team will look better.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Good riddance and congrats Pierre from Orleans on this move. The trade never should have happened, but at least this garbage is off our team now. Now get rid of Zack Smith, Mark Borowiecki and Marian Gaborik once he's healthy, and the team will look better.

Boroweicki, for all his shortcomings, brings an element in the team's blueline that nobody in the system really does (other than Sieloff who is an AHLer). For a small cap hit, as a hometown guy with supposed locker room leadership. Boro also improved his game noticeably last year. Think he is not going anywhere.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dorion probably sad he only got 1 high five and a hug today after this move, it came from his analytics guy that is chained to the basement of CTC and is only brought up 1 day per year.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
We should rush to sign a different aging POS player on July 1st and INSIST on compensating the team he's leaving with a good prospect.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
cf8ual.jpg

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
“There’s no way this team buys out anybody”

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

WOOOO today was a good day already. Back to ball hockey Alex...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The game is called HOCKEY not street fighting

Someone kneeing another player in the back of the head should not play hockey again

GOOD RIDDANCE

Bravo Pedro from Orleans

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion just fist pumped himself in front of his mirror for this buyout.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Glad we have opened up room for younger players to play. Made no sense for him to take any shifts this year. I actually liked what he brought late in that first season, and the playoffs. But we have no use for him now obviously.

Reactions: Xspyrit

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Surely we'll need to replace the intangibles, character and leadership that he provided to make the Sens' locker room so... OK, I give up.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Great news! Didn't see this coming at all.

Opens up another 13th/14th forward spot for young guys like Paul or McCormick.

Reactions: Alex1234

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
All we need is Dahlen to bust and in the end it won't have mattered much.

Not to defend the trade because we can all see it was a mistake, but I still don't think we would have made the playoffs without him for those couple games he came up big while we were sputtering and battling injuries.

Reactions: robsenz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well this was about a year and a half too late. How in the heck did anyone think that was a good idea to trade Dahlen for Burrows? Please don't give me this crap about his assists last year in the playoffs, someone else would've stepped up.

As someone who didn't mind the trade at the time, he was hopefully going to bring something to the table to get us possibly a cup, I mean, he was a pretty standard deadline acquisition that happens with a lot of teams.

I can fully admit I was wrong about it, although I think he actually played well in that playoff run (and lots of people disagree I know.) Last year though? He was abysmal in every facet of the game.

As far as the "someone else would have stepped up" comment, seems weird, I guess you can say that about anything really if you want to dismiss something? Overall, acquiring players at the deadline doesn't seem worth it in the end, especially if the mentality is if you don't win the cup because of it, its a waste of a trade, because it probably will be.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
As someone who didn't mind the trade at the time, he was hopefully going to bring something to the table to get us possibly a cup, I mean, he was a pretty standard deadline acquisition that happens with a lot of teams.

I can fully admit I was wrong about it, although I think he actually played well in that playoff run (and lots of people disagree I know.) Last year though? He was abysmal in every facet of the game.

As far as the "someone else would have stepped up" comment, seems weird, I guess you can say that about anything really if you want to dismiss something? Overall, acquiring players at the deadline doesn't seem worth it in the end, especially if the mentality is if you don't win the cup because of it, its a waste of a trade, because it probably will be.

The "stepped comment" was not the best way to put it. I guess what i was getting at was anything can happen. Maybe if don't don't acquire Burrows then maybe we make it to the cup final? I know the bottom line is hindsight is 20/20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad