Burke created this team, and Nonis is destroying or fixing it (part 2)?

this season rock

Mar 21, 2014
Burke, took over the team that was 1 point away from making the playoffs - where goaltending was so-so, but the first season under him (albeit from November???) the Toskala turned-on into atrocious goaltender. The only problem i have with Burke is rushing with Phaneuf giving him captaincy.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It cant fixed.

When you build a theory on a false assumption you end up with a big pile of BS. There was no precedent on the retool. It has never worked.Therefore Nonnis cant fix it.It seems some fans cant see longterm how big a mess this team is in with the player retirement packages.Long term structural damage was done by Burke but Nonnis didn't help by obeying Tim and signing Clarkson. This is why non hockey people shouldn't run this club.

Even Burke wont be following his own model in Calgary.

Last edited:

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
When you build a theory on a false assumption you end up with a big pile of BS. There was no precedent on the retool. It has never worked.Therefore Nonnis cant fix it.It seems some fans cant see longterm how big a mess this team is in with the player retirement packages.Long term structural damage was done by Burke but Nonnis didn't help by obeying Tim and signing Clarkson. This is why non hockey people shouldn't run this club.

Even Burke wont be following his own model in Calgary.

This is not the first time I've heard this mentioned. Any source for this? Was it really Timmy that pushed for the Clarkhole sgning?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I dont need no stinking sources!

My brothers' cousins,gf fiance's sister's husband.He tried to make a splash just like his other sport teams.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Burke appears to have been the architect of a house of cards.

Look at how the Flames are playing. The never quit and have a lot of character players.

That is Feaster's beginning of a rebuild.

Burke fired Feaster.

Feaster and Burke both have won a Cup, and Feaster left the Flames with Monahan, Burke left Leafs with Kessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad