The Players' Tribune: "Built for Boston" - Brad Marchand

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
You missed the 2011 Stanley Cup, yes I know that tilts you that Brad Marchand has won the grand prize in hockey.

Edit: just noticed your whole account is based on posting smack about the bruins, I noticed part of article lists things that "couldn't be said" during their 2011 post-cup partying. I guess we know who's gf falls into that ;)
If he wrote about tim thomas i wouldve mentioned 2011 as he was the primary and secondary reasons they won.

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
H
I honestly don't really get where you're going with this at all. You're hand picking some instances where the team didn't play the best hockey and just slamming it on him. It's dumb.

Guy's got a cup and was lights out the entire run. You conveniently left that out of your little tantrum.
His attempt at chestthumping on his and his teammates behalf just looks dumb against their actual track records.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I love the way he plays. Wish he was drafted a flame. This guy is some Theo Fleury jr as someone earlier said. Insane skill and toughness for that size.

I've met him a few times over summers when he would come back home, he always came across as a pretty nice guy to the fans and in the bars. He has a different way of thinking but I don't think he's a bad cat.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
probably took him a while to type that out using his nose
Maybe nose is the secret

Marchand & Matthews get kidded about theirs

and Crosby's is out of joint

I tell my kids all the time be thankful our family was blessed with perfect features and don't make fun of others who don't but worse can't afford corrective or plastic surgery

Be humble

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Let me guess, you were the kid he pushed onto the road and laughed at while taking his truck back 26 years ago.

Always good to hold a grudge.

Let me guess, you're Brad's cousin.

Always good to be a baby because someone doesn't like your POS family member.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nah but a diehard bruins fan would have one
You post in almost all the Bruins related threads and go off. It’s hilariously sad...

Just looking for any reason to hate on the Bruins without giving any sort of credit. You have an agenda, man. It’s clear as day.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Good read. I've always liked Marchand outside the ice. Seems like a pretty funny, self-conscious guy. Great player too. Still very much dislike the stuff he pulls.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good read. This guy is a generational villain. That chip on his shoulder was so big he had to hang it off the middle of his face.

Wish Gaudreau had a bit more of his mindset.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good read.

Hate Marchand with a passion. But anyone would love him on their team
I'm a 35 year Bruins season ticket holder and the only thing separating love and off-the-charts hate is him wearing a Bruins or Montreal jersey

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The only fallacy in this write-up is the part about "if you say anything bad about my brother, or about Patrice Bergeron, I’ll fight you". Sorry, Brad, we all know that isn't true.

It should read more like: "if you say anything bad about my brother, or about Patrice Bergeron, I’ll low bridge you, take out your knees or spear you in the nuts."

That little rat isn't fighting anyone who's tougher than his own grandmother. He's a little b**** but a great hockey player.

Reactions: blueberrie

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Great piece. People exaggerate when they write about their past. The part about him and his relatives moving off the street because the other neighbors wanted them gone - I wonder if it's true or more likely when you have 8 rambunctious boys on a street and you're getting dirty looks from some of the neighbors you just decide it would be better for the kids to have more space to do their thing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love Marchand. Anyone who says they hate him would love to have him on his team. Let's be real. The part of I loved most about the article was when he said 'if you have anything bad to say about my brother or Patrice Bergeron, I will fight you.'

That says it all to me.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The only fallacy in this write-up is the part about "if you say anything bad about my brother, or about Patrice Bergeron, I’ll fight you". Sorry, Brad, we all know that isn't true.

It should read more like: "if you say anything bad about my brother, or about Patrice Bergeron, I’ll low bridge you, take out your knees or spear you in the nuts."

That little rat isn't fighting anyone who's tougher than his own grandmother. He's a little b**** but a great hockey player.

Brad might not be known for his fighting (and rightfully so at 5'9" - 180lbs) but he displayed a pretty good punch to Landeskog's face in post#33 of this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad