The Players' Tribune: "Built for Boston" - Brad Marchand

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I swear to god HF is the only forum where you can't make a joke without white knights like this have to take it seriously.
If you’re going to post dumb comments without any explicit acknowledgement of sarcasm ( :sarcasm: for example), jokes will get lost in translation over the internet. This is not limited to HF.

How am I supposed to know that you’re not actually as stupid as something you just posted? Frankly, I’m not going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially when it comes to a guy like Marchand, who does piss some people off so much they might actually make an asinine petty comment like yours in total sincerity. I would wager there are plenty of canucks fans who would seriously agree with the apparently satirical tone of your post.

FWIW, I don’t think the term “white knight” means what you think it means. Me rolling my eyes is supposed to be coming to Marchand’s defense or something? That certainly wasn’t my intent.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am from Nova Scotia and a Bruin fan so I Loved the article. Two thing that stands out in the article for me . First Marchand is maturing as a person and a player. Second the value of veteran leadership and how these players play such an important role in the growth of young players. The Bruin's youth would not be playing as well as they have this year without players Like Bergeron and Chara in the line up

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
You know there are some things about his story that are really to be admired, but there are other bits that just make you shake your head. It's not so much as what he does, it's the attitude. If he has to elbow you in the head and give you brain damage to win a game, he'll do it and not have one ounce of regret or lose a minute of sleep. That's messed up.

I find this part explains a lot.

Eventually, I think the neighborhood kind of had enough of the craziness, and our families ended up moving to another town with a little more space, where we could do our thing in peace.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Good read, pretty much confirms he’s a complete piece of ****. My favorite part is when he says he’s paid the price for crossing the line. That part was really funny and gave me the laughs I needed to get through the day. I continue to hope that one day, he will pay the price. Be it by a 25+ game ban, or someone giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Already happened.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Great read, Marchand is a beauty, only because I am a Bruin fan, if he wasn't I would hate him.

Agreed, it was a good read, I love reading about the person behind the athlete. I am a Sens fan but still a fan of BM.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Already happened.

Nope. When he misses 25+ games with a concussion, he’s paid the price. Great talent and one of the best in the league as much as we all hate to admit, but there’s no place in the game for intentionally trying to hurt others. You can be a pest without being human trash.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Nope. When he misses 25+ games with a concussion, he’s paid the price. Great talent and one of the best in the league as much as we all hate to admit, but there’s no place in the game for intentionally trying to hurt others. You can be a pest without being human trash.
He could have easily missed 25 on this one, don't you think?

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
He could have easily missed 25 on this one, don't you think?
Regardless you’re side stepping my point. There’s no justification for his antics. Why don’t you and me go back to discussing Nico so we can stay friends :laugh:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Regardless you’re side stepping my point. There’s no justification for his antics. Why don’t you and me go back to discussing Nico so we can stay friends :laugh:

That's A-OK with me. I am still hoping that you guys get a great comeback and take the series in 7 (<- my choice in the NHL brackets).

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
Wow all that toughness heart and leadership and all it got them was getting smoked in the 2013 final with marchand scoring 0 points, choking as a huge favorite in 2014, missing the playoffs for multiple years, and then choking in the first round in 2017.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wow all that toughness heart and leadership and all it got them was getting smoked in the 2013 final with marchand scoring 0 points, choking as a huge favorite in 2014, missing the playoffs for multiple years, and then choking in the first round in 2017.

You missed the 2011 Stanley Cup, yes I know that tilts you that Brad Marchand has won the grand prize in hockey.

Edit: just noticed your whole account is based on posting smack about the bruins, I noticed part of article lists things that "couldn't be said" during their 2011 post-cup partying. I guess we know who's gf falls into that ;)

Reactions: Dabruins

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, that's all Brad Marchand.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Great read

My two favourite quotes from it are:
"If it was raining, we were inside beating up my little brother, Jeff." :laugh:
"You’re not going to be the best player on the ice every single night, because Patrice is going to be the best player on the ice every single night. So I want you to be the second best."

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Him and the dozen guys he wrote about
I honestly don't really get where you're going with this at all. You're hand picking some instances where the team didn't play the best hockey and just slamming it on him. It's dumb.

Guy's got a cup and was lights out the entire run. You conveniently left that out of your little tantrum.

Reactions: LuG61 and Bun Cook

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3