The Players' Tribune: "Built for Boston" - Brad Marchand

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
He stopped, and I shoved the kid right out of the front seat. Yoink.
He was on the ground crying, being a real baby about it, like, “Whyyyyyy.”
I went riding off into the cul-de-sac, honking the horn. My mom says I had this little smirk on my face, too.

So you are boasting how you have been an asshole your whole entire life? Could you be even more of a clown even if you tried?

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Good read, pretty much confirms he’s a complete piece of shit. My favorite part is when he says he’s paid the price for crossing the line. That part was really funny and gave me the laughs I needed to get through the day. I continue to hope that one day, he will pay the price. Be it by a 25+ game ban, or someone giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Claude basically said, “I want you to look at Patrice and do everything exactly like he does it. You’re not going to be the best player on the ice every single night, because Patrice is going to be the best player on the ice every single night. So I want you to be the second best.”

Such a good quote lol

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Good read, Thx
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/b.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/d.png

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Guy is the absolute epitome of Bruins hockey. Hate how careless he is about the physical stuff at times, but that takes nothing away from how insanely talented he is on both ends of the ice, and how he plays the role of villain so perfectly.

Absolutely hate the Bruins, but I’ll be the first to admit it’s gonna be a big loss for hockey when he eventually retires.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not even going to read it.

Take that rat boy.
Sure showed him... :eyeroll:

Speaking as a non-Bruin fan, I hate to admit that I really like Marchand. The guy is all heart. By any rational measure, he should never have made it thus far in his career. He shouldn't be scoring 30+ goals and 80+ points...but he just keeps blowing past expectations. I respect how far his tenacity and sheer force of will have taken him.

The pesky "rat" stuff I am fine with...that's the "love him on my team, but would hate him on any other," stuff. Like him harassing Marner in the corner last night, thought that was hilarious. However, the REALLY dirty stuff I can't stand (slewfoots, head shots, etc). Wish he would cut the really dangerous stuff out of his game, but not sure he is capable of playing any other way.

Marchand will always be a divisive character. I'm just glad the Blues only have to play him a couple times a year. :laugh:

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Claude basically said, “I want you to look at Patrice and do everything exactly like he does it. You’re not going to be the best player on the ice every single night, because Patrice is going to be the best player on the ice every single night. So I want you to be the second best.”

Such a good quote lol
Came to post this. So awesome.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Doesn't matter what you think of him, the Bruins are a signifcant threat if their team mentality is as strong as Marchand is hinting.

Antics aside, the level of commitment to the team he's hinted at in this article is scary good, if you're a Bruins fan this is everything you want to hear. The guy bleeds Boston, just better than the half assed answers most guys give you about giving their all.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Cute....but I don't buy it. He has more than enough talent to be a top player in the NHL without being a total dirt bag on the ice. That being said, I would take him on my team anytime.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Probably not the case but when he was talking about the real good guy from cole harbor I instantly thought crosby. Pretty crazy how NS has produced 3 top 10 forwards in the NHL this season. Isn't the population like less than one million?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad