GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal Nov.11th at 19H00

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It would be nice to have a top 5 pick but clearly there can be amazing value in lower picks (Suzuki 13th, Caufield 15th, Zegras went 9th). This draft is supposed to be deep. With good scouting ,we could get someone very valuable outside the top 5.
Monahan 6th, Guhle 16th, Matheson 23rd

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
"decent".... KK had over 30 points in his first season as a Hab at 18... Was he just "decent" ? or over achieving ?

Too much snow !!!

Yes he’s showing pretty good things despite playing 10 minutes a night with guys like Evans, Pezzetta.

But if your only comparable are points…

Reactions: Redux91

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Talented rookies need to play with talented vets. Sergachev got to learn every day from Hedman and McDonagh for example, not the same learning potential as with 3 other rookies and Wideman lol. Glad some good vets are back but man would a top 10 calliber rhd change things.

I’m thinking Buffalo rookies had very little to pick up from their vets over the years…
So Drouin didn’t have anyone to learn from on our team?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And they keep getting top picks, two 1OA picks since 2018.
Goes to show that top picks don't guarantee a future great team, right Edmonton?

A winning culture is a huge part of a rebuild and I am glad our current young players are seeing some successes.

Quick edit- since 2013 Buffalo has had two 1OA and two 2OA and every pick has been top 10.
They are stuck in a perpetual rebuild. Heaven for HF but hell in reality

Win or lose - all that matters is Suzuki gets at least 1 point and Caufield scores a goal
I'd prefer Dach maintains pace than Suzuki for now.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
So Drouin didn’t have anyone to learn from on our team?
That’s oddly specific, but Drouin had who - Tatar? Domi? Gallagher? as top offensive talent to emulate and be pushed by? I hope Idon’t sound like i think it’s why he specifically underachieved but anyone joining the habs whether Kotkaniemi or Galchenyuk litterally came onto teams that needed primary offense and had no NHL stars. I think talent needs talent.

There hasn’t been much high end talent on the habs since the early 90s save a year or two mid 2000’s, rookie or veterans…

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Always good to remind us all how our prospects are in better hands than ever with MSL.......

You know what the honest to God most insane thing about the Therrien thing is tho..?

He was our coach... TWICE.. lmao
Like you couldn't make it up the day Bergevin announced it
It was such a BUMMER right off the bat with the MB era
He literally brings back The Thing for a 2nd go round

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
That’s oddly specific, but Drouin had who - Tatar? Domi? Gallagher? as top offensive talent to emulate and be pushed by? I hope Idon’t sound like i think it’s why he specifically underachieved but anyone joining the habs whether Kotkaniemi or Galchenyuk litterally came onto teams that needed primary offense and had no NHL stars. I think talent needs talent.

There hasn’t been much high end talent on the habs since the early 90s save a year or two mid 2000’s, rookie or veterans…
They certainly tried to give Drouin a mentor in Pacioretty. It was all over the media right after Drouin arrived, how Patches and he were going to spend the summer training together and developing chemistry so Drouin could be a good center for Patches. Would have worked better maybe if he had mentored him on being a high-scoring wing.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Talented rookies need to play with talented vets. Sergachev got to learn every day from Hedman and McDonagh for example, not the same learning potential as with 3 other rookies and Wideman lol. Glad some good vets are back but man would a top 10 calliber rhd change things.

I’m thinking Buffalo rookies had very little to pick up from their vets over the years…
Sergachev was mentored by Stralman who was his consistent partner from the time he arrived at Tampa. Seemed like every article about Sergachev at the time also mentioned the role Stralman was playing bringing him along.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Sergachev was mentored by Stralman who was his consistent partner from the time he arrived at Tampa. Seemed like every article about Sergachev at the time also mentioned the role Stralman was playing bringing him along.
Cheers :p Not bad to both have a good mentor and get to watch some of the best in the game at practice I would imagine for development.

Anyhoot, just speculating on why some teams stagnate even if they draft high.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
They certainly tried to give Drouin a mentor in Pacioretty. It was all over the media right after Drouin arrived, how Patches and he were going to spend the summer training together and developing chemistry so Drouin could be a good center for Patches. Would have worked better maybe if he had mentored him on being a high-scoring wing.
Patches wasn’t the most imaginative player though. Would mostly skate north and wrist it on the rush. But yeah, I bet on the wing of 24 year old Suzuki for example, all those recent 3rd over alls may have done a bit better for themselves ;)

Reactions: Canad13ns

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Fast fact - Montreal is the second LOWEST hitting team in the NHL, and we know who is doing the hitting. I hope management is paying attention. Buffalo ranks quite a bit higher at last check, they need to adapt more to certain teams when they play them.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Oddly “specific”?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Fast fact - Montreal is the second LOWEST hitting team in the NHL, and we know who is doing the hitting. I hope management is paying attention. Buffalo ranks quite a bit higher at last check, they need to adapt more to certain teams when they play them.

I think it's volountary.

This team is in development mode, playing tons of kids, no expectation on the season.
It's not the time to ask kids to play head first, get injured for 3 months and slow down their development.

And it's not a bad trend either.....New Jersey, Colorado, Carolina are all in the bottom 6 in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad