GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal Nov.11th at 19H00

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
And they keep getting top picks, two 1OA picks since 2018.
Goes to show that top picks don't guarantee a future great team, right Edmonton?

A winning culture is a huge part of a rebuild and I am glad our current young players are seeing some successes.

Quick edit- since 2013 Buffalo has had two 1OA and two 2OA and every pick has been top 10.

A decent goalie would help them, too. Althought they had Ullmark not too long ago...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah Buffalo isn't rolling these days more like folding.

The Hoff might be out for this one, and Armia is non-contact, so maybe Pittie gets called up? Or, 7D?

It's a back-to-back with CBJ, so I'd probably call up Pitlick to be on the safe side.

Slafkovsky has apparently taken Hoff's spot with Dvo and Gallagher. We'll see how that goes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The Hoff might be out for this one, and Armia is non-contact, so maybe Pittie gets called up? Or, 7D?

It's a back-to-back with CBJ, so I'd probably call up Pitlick to be on the safe side.

Slafkovsky has apparently taken Hoff's spot with Dvo and Gallagher. We'll see how that goes.
Is Hoff out or just a therapy day?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Is Hoff out or just a therapy day?

Don't know. He didn't play at all in 3rd period of last game, and we have a back-to-back, 3 games in 4 days this week: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, and Friday's game is 2pm, so it's not even a full 48 hours from the back-to-back.

I'd have to imagine he's out this week.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
maybe they are going with 7 D?

Let him have a break and watch from above. A break for the young guys isnt necessarily a bad thing if they get a different view from stands.
Transition game was awful sitting wouldn't be bad at all. Remember the season grind starts now. I could see him maybe sitting 2 rookies out for this game since its a BTB.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Jake Evans 1 assist in 18 games and is a -8.

I expected much more than this from this player who was solid last season.

That is some production for 1.7M or whatever his current salary is. Wonder who would be a better fit to play with Evans. Clearly isn't working with Slaf and the rotation of Pezz, Armia or whoever else happens to be on the 4th line.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
During Buffalo’s 8 game losing streak they’ve given up 38 goals, an average of 4.75 goals per game. I expect to see some scoring in this game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Goes to show that top picks don't guarantee a future great team, right Edmonton?

A winning culture is a huge part of a rebuild and I am glad our current young players are seeing some successes.

Quick edit- since 2013 Buffalo has had two 1OA and two 2OA and every pick has been top 10.
The Sabres.....................should be better, it's just that simple.
Something in the water.......just makes no sense.

Jul 6, 2016
Lol, hoffman is most likely actually injured
And Slaf ain't going nowhere sorry, especially if he's gonna look this decent so far.
"decent".... KK had over 30 points in his first season as a Hab at 18... Was he just "decent" ? or over achieving ?

The Sabres.....................should be better, it's just that simple.
Something in the water.......just makes no sense.
Too much snow !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Talented rookies need to play with talented vets. Sergachev got to learn every day from Hedman and McDonagh for example, not the same learning potential as with 3 other rookies and Wideman lol. Glad some good vets are back but man would a top 10 calliber rhd change things.

I’m thinking Buffalo rookies had very little to pick up from their vets over the years…

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Jake Evans 1 assist in 18 games and is a -8.

I expected much more than this from this player who was solid last season.
I think he's one of the few who isn't benefitting from the "concepts" approach. His limitations make him a better cog in a machine than a creative contributor. He might improve if someone can drive his line and spring him on breaks as his best offensive asset is his mobility and to a lesser degree his shot.

He's a good soldier and he'd make a fine 13th forward. Glad we're not relying on him to save our C depth.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Slafkovskys best game should be coming up soon. Maybe it's with those guys as a "physical" presence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad