GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal Nov.11th at 19H00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Let him have a break and watch from above. A break for the young guys isnt necessarily a bad thing if they get a different view from stands.

why would he need a break? He's been terrific. You let dead weight sit, not thriving rookies who are smashing bodies and giving the fans something to cheer about. Kovacevic looks a bit spent though, so does fatso Savard.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
why would he need a break? He's been terrific. You let dead weight sit, not thriving rookies who are smashing bodies and giving the fans something to cheer about. Kovacevic looks a bit spent though, so does fatso Savard.
I don't really know. Just speculating that 1 game missed isn't going to destroy his confidence or development. Watching the game live from the rafters will give him a different view...I know....they have tons of film reps, but still I think its not the end of the world.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't really know. Just speculating that 1 game missed isn't going to destroy his confidence or development. Watching the game live from the rafters will give him a different view...I know....they have tons of film reps, but still I think its not the end of the world.

These kids have to play , that's the best way to learn if you ask me. Problem with Harris is he's not that big I don't know if he can handle the physical play he for sure needs time off. He has taken a lot of hits this young season and will probably be in Laval. I know under the old regime they would punish players after one bad play and make them watch from the bleachers but the new coaches are willing to let them figure out it which is amazing to see.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
MSL basically said he's going to be rotating Kovacevic, Xhejak and Harris. Depending on the opposing teams line up. So it's not so much he deserves to be sat. It's more who MSL feels would be a better fit.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
These kids have to play , that's the best way to learn if you ask me. Problem with Harris is he's not that big I don't know if he can handle the physical play he for sure needs time off. He has taken a lot of hits this young season and will probably be in Laval. I know under the old regime they would punish players after one bad play and make them watch from the bleachers but the new coaches are willing to let them figure out it which is amazing to see.

Harris won’t ever play in Laval.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Beating these teams is not a good thing. Clearly the Habs aren't contenders but the more they distance themselves from the bottom feeders, the worse draft pick they'll get. Yes, it'll probably be a "good" player, but they already have "good" players. They need more drivers and fewer passengers. A top 4 or 5 pick at least.

Reactions: habsfan891

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Beating these teams is not a good thing. Clearly the Habs aren't contenders but the more they distance themselves from the bottom feeders, the worse draft pick they'll get. Yes, it'll probably be a "good" player, but they already have "good" players. They need more drivers and fewer passengers. A top 4 or 5 pick at least.

We have to relax here… they’re not distancing themselves from bottom feeders. They lose 3 in a row and teams like ottawa, vancouver, colombus can catch up if they start putting wins together.

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
Why would he sit? He had a decent game I thought. Got a good assist on the Dvorak goal
Who do you sit then ? Harris again ? Kovacevic ?? These young d-men will be in and out of the line up very often until a n injury or a trade.

Slaf finally moving up the line up
Good goooood
.... because Hoffman is in therapy day....

I think Slaf should be sent down to AHL like Nemec, Jiricek and now Wright. Way too young and raw for NHL play, all of them.

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
Slaf finally moving up the line up
Good goooood
EVERYONE STAY CALM

its-happening.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
.... because Hoffman is in therapy day....

I think Slaf should be sent down to AHL like Nemec, Jiricek and now Wright. Way too young and raw for NHL play, all of them.
Lol, hoffman is most likely actually injured
And Slaf ain't going nowhere sorry, especially if he's gonna look this decent so far.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
It would be nice to have a top 5 pick but clearly there can be amazing value in lower picks (Suzuki 13th, Caufield 15th, Zegras went 9th). This draft is supposed to be deep. With good scouting ,we could get someone very valuable outside the top 5.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How is Buffalo consistently dog shit?
And they keep getting top picks, two 1OA picks since 2018.
Goes to show that top picks don't guarantee a future great team, right Edmonton?

A winning culture is a huge part of a rebuild and I am glad our current young players are seeing some successes.

Quick edit- since 2013 Buffalo has had two 1OA and two 2OA and every pick has been top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad