Proposal: Buffalo- Tampa

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Most reports say Drouin and his agent are in lockstep together on this.

Yes, that post was from before that became public knowledge, though. Benefit of the doubt has since been rescinded.

Also, agree with those saying they wouldn't give up Girgs for Drouin. Drouin is skilled, yes, but his antics trying to force a trade definitely raise concerns about his character and work ethic. Plus, I've enjoyed seeing a player who actually clicks with Eichel.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A first line winger is a hell of a lot more difficult to come by then a shut down player.

In a general concept---yes it is harder to get a 1st line winger than a defense first center.

Am I interested in getting Drouin---yes---at the expense of Girgensons no.

Yes, that post was from before that became public knowledge, though. Benefit of the doubt has since been rescinded.

Also, agree with those saying they wouldn't give up Girgs for Drouin. Drouin is skilled, yes, but his antics trying to force a trade definitely raise concerns about his character and work ethic. Plus, I've enjoyed seeing a player who actually clicks with Eichel.

If Drouin proved a little more of what he is capable of I would do such a trade.

right now I think the price will be Drouin+Carle for an ELC/bridge player + pick.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
A first line winger is a hell of a lot more difficult to come by then a shut down player.

This generic and limited viewpoint is probably how you came to the conclusion that Ennis was more valuable and the better all around player compared to O'reilly :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-all-eyes-on-dennis-wideman-hearing/

17. The only interesting thing to add about Jonathan Drouin is that word is he’s willing to be patient about his role once he gets to a new organization. There’ve been reports he’s demanding an immediate top-six spot, but one GM who I think is interested said he didn’t believe that was the case. Simply wants a fresh start. We’ve been talking St. Louis and Tampa for a while now, and opponents suspect if those two clubs actually wanted to do something, they could. Blues GM Doug Armstrong has said he wanted to wait for Jaden Schwartz before making any decisions, and the forward won’t play Tuesday night. An appointment on Wednesday should determine his return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad