Ennis
Foligno
Draft Pick (Possibly 2nd)

For

Jonathan Drouin

Reasons
1) Drouin has asked for trade
2) Perfect winger for Eichel + Girgensons
3) Tampa only has 1 left winger on the roster.
4) If money is off Buffalo could take on matt carle but money would have to be retained on his salary.

:handclap::popcorn:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
According to Toronto media they want an A+ prospect and a pick.

Seems like a lateral move for us since our A+ prospects are already proven better than Drouin. I'd rather draft Laine, Puj or Nylander.

If they accept Ennis/Foligno then Im all for it.

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
If they are going draft pick they want our first this year. I'll pass. Can't give up defense either. This won't happen IMO. But who knows.

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
Doesn't seem like a Murray guy at all. Unless Tampa gets desperate and other offers are total crap. I'll go with our top 6 pick and what we trade for at the deadline.

ANA has come up and makes some sense.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Not sold on acquiring him either. It's a "nice-to-have" but I don't think Ennis and Foligno + pick gets it done and I'm not willing to part with much more than that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We aren't a good trade partner. They want a top prospect and our top prospects are too good to move since we've been drafting second overalls. So is our 1st rounder. You aren't getting Eichel, Reinhart, RoR, Risto or the 1st rounder...so I don't think we have what they'd want.

I mean...id love it if they'd take Ennis a 2 and a throw in. But the total value there is a bag of pucks right now.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Not interested. Price will be too steep. If he lingers on the market and they'll take Ennis and another piece like Foligno - sure. Doubt that ever happens.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I feel like this is tailor made for a good team to swoop in. They can throw a late 1 and a good (but not among the very top prospects in the league) together. We don't have those assets. Out prospect base is either the 2 guys way too good for this or guys not as good as what they'll get. And our 1st can't be on the table when we are 29th in the league.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
He'd cost Girgs or Pysyk at least. I wouldn't do either.

Love Zemgus, but he is not off limits if we're talking Drouin. We have centers, we need offensively minded wingers. JD on Eichel/Reinhart's wing down the road could be scary.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Carle's contract is coming in any Drouin deal. A motivated Drouin on Eichel's wing would be very nice but I don't think we have the pieces and Drouin had some attitude issues in junior and it seems to be continuing.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure Carle's contract is coming in any Drouin deal. A motivated Drouin on Eichel's wing would be very nice but I don't think we have the pieces and Drouin had some attitude issues in junior and it seems to be continuing.

So...the Lightning are going to want to do a salary dump on a player with 2 more years left while collecting a top prospect and pick for a player with 6 goals in 90 games who is asking to be traded.

I feel like they might struggle.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
So...the Lightning are going to want to do a salary dump on a player with 2 more years left while collecting a top prospect and pick for a player with 6 goals in 90 games who is asking to be traded.

I feel like they might struggle.

I'm not saying it is a must but I know they have been trying to move Carle's contract for a while and TB fans are saying Carle must be included. It would be like us trying to move Moulson. No one is going to touch his contract but if Murray insisted the other team take him in order to get the player from us they wanted it would be the only way to move him.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd love to get Drouin, but not for what Tampa is likely to ask for in return. I'd put pieces like Ennis/Bogosian on the table, but I doubt that gets it done. The way things are going this season, we'll be able to collect a highly skilled winger this summer for free anyway.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Wow...Drouin only has 6 Goals in 89 games played!? We don't need anymore players who don't know how to put the puck in the back of the net. I know I read he was on the 4th line some but still..

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
I don't think there's a reasonable offer Buffalo can make to TB for Drouin. Definitely not willing to overpay for him.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
That seems like too much to give away. Drouin value can't be much higher than Grigorenko had for us last year. Top 6 or bust, bad defensively, hasn't contributed offense, then publicly demands a trade because he still isn't good enough for NHL after being drafted 3rd overall three years ago.

What did Tampa get for Connolly, that seems a good baseline comparable.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That seems like too much to give away. Drouin value can't be much higher than Grigorenko had for us last year. Top 6 or bust, bad defensively, hasn't contributed offense, then publicly demands a trade because he still isn't good enough for NHL after being drafted 3rd overall three years ago.

What did Tampa get for Connolly, that seems a good baseline comparable.

I'd be very surprised if Drouin's value is actually that low, but if it is, I hope Murray is all over it. He's still 2nd on the Lightning in points per 60 this year, and he was very productive when he was getting real chances to be. Injuries have held him out for a lot of games this year, and he's not a 200' player by any means, but he's still damn good on the offensive side of things. He's already far better offensively than Grigorenko ever was for Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad