Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres Buy Out Christian Ehrhoff (Signs with PIT 1 yr $4 million)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
But anyway, I've changed my mind on this one. Ehrhoff would be a pretty awesome upgrade, handedness be damned. He's more willing than Kronwall to join the play, and he's a better shooter across the board. I think he'd look excellent on the right side on the power play as a trigger man. He's got a particularly wicked wrister for a defenseman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Signing Stralman is comparable to adding another Ericsson or Dekeyser.

Signing Ehrhoff is comparable to adding another Kronwall. Their career ppg are .45 and .49 ppg. Before Ehrhoff went to Buffalo they were nearly identical, IIRC.

How excited are you for the next few days? You've been banging the Ehrhoff drum for ages, right?

I think he's a Wing. I know he'll get other offers, but this just seems like a glove fit. Hemsky and Ehrhoff to Wings. Book it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
How excited are you for the next few days? You've been banging the Ehrhoff drum for ages, right?

I think he's a Wing. I know he'll get other offers, but this just seems like a glove fit. Hemsky and Ehrhoff to Wings. Book it.

I was in favor of giving up Tatar for him at the trade deadline

never imagined he would be a UFA

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I was in favor of giving up Tatar for him at the trade deadline

never imagined he would be a UFA

This is a Christmas present for the Wings. They need to lock him up. Don't go cheap, Kenny, give him what other teams are going to give him.

Vancouver regrets ever giving him up, I know that for sure.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
This is a Christmas present for the Wings. They need to lock him up. Don't go cheap, Kenny, give him what other teams are going to give him.

Vancouver regrets ever giving him up, I know that for sure.

Yes please. Dont try and look for some discount that isnt there to play for the wings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I have. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up. If we get Ehrhoff I will be genuinely ecstatic.

If we got both those players, I will start counting down the seconds until the season starts haha.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
The Wings will probably have to overpay to get either Niskanen (might be tough with him with being from Minnesota) or Erhoff. I'm totally ok with that, and I hope other Wings fans are too. It's what we have to do to stay competitive.

crashman

I like the way you think...I hope you're right!

;)

I just watch got done watching some Erhoff highlights, he's a really slick skater and seems to have a great shot. I never wanted to see him traded here because of his contract and losing the assets, but getting him as a UFA is a whole different story.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Buffalo Sabres Buy Out Christian Ehrhoff

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
BUF has initiated compliance buyout procedures on Christian Ehrhoff. Not official just yet but BUF has begun the process.

I'd think he'd be great in detroit, he's not a righty but he'd do us some good getting the puck out of our zone and would help out the powerplay.

Had to edit this, damn iphone spelling...

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Add some detail to this thread title please. You got me way too excited for a second.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Uh, no. Look at what you're saying here. You're suggesting that a right-handed defenseman is such a priority that they would promote Marchenko/Sproul before signing Ehrhoff. Because of handedness.

No. The priority is to improve the defense. Beyond that, it's to improve the puck movement from the back end. And the ideal is to have all of that in the form of a righty. But if the best option overall is a lefty, you go with the lefty.

And please. Let's all balk at the idea of signing a defenseman til the ages of 37/38 when the alternative is signing a defenseman who's almost 38.

This. Right-handed version of Ehrhoff would be perfect. But we aren't in the position to miss that chance just 'cause we want the best package available, simple as that.
Unnecessary risk to wait for a better deal as we might end up with empty hands (worst-case).

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

I'm anticipating disappointment. I've lost faith in Holland; he seems to always have an excuse.

This time there should be no excuses, but I think there will be anyhow.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The mutual interest rumor...

Adrian DaterVerified account ‏@adater
I'm hearing the Wings-Ehrhoff have mutual interest

Dater is a beat writer for the Colorado Avalanche.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Where would a Colorado Avalanche beat writer get that kind of information?

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

Dater was a hack when he wrote for the Denver Post, and he's a hack now. I'm not sure how many people here will remember, but he was the primary beat writer for the Avalanche during the rivalry days. He's a fool.

There's a small chance that he actually heard this, but I think I'll stick to the likes of McKenzie and Dreger.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Colorado is big competition for him, they should want him bad. Unfortunately, I don't trust Dater at all. He does have a lot of contacts in Detroit from his compilations of the Avs perspective on the rivalry. He wrote books on it and is the primary Avs beat writer. But I don't look at him much different than Rossi in Pittsburgh aka pretty terrible. But at least as an excuse for him until this new era the Avs were probably the toughest team in the league to get info from.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'm all for getting Ehroff if it means getting rid of Smith, Quincy, Kindl, and Lashoff. I still think they'd want a right-handed d-man. At they very least it means less competition for Boyle.

crashman

Regardless of the "mutual interest" rumor, I don't think I'd be too much of a stretch to assume that Ehrhoff would be interest in signing here. I'm sure he knows the Wings were interested in trading for him at the deadline and it's just an all-around good fit.

Plus, by signing here, he can stick it to Buffalo on a regular basis. He might no have hard feelings because they already paid him so much money (and will continue to), but I'm sure it bruises a players ego when they're bough-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille