Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres Buy Out Christian Ehrhoff (Signs with PIT 1 yr $4 million)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Maybe he heard that Ehroff was in Michigan and bought a new truck. That always confirms it.

I give Ricelund a hard time on it really for making it public emphatically, but even today around the Wings organization there is a stunned feeling in terms of Suter according to a buddy I have with good connections around the team. They really thought that was a done deal.

Also not looking forward to Ehrhoff being like Tatar around here for some for a while how he was Tartar. Hope we sign him and people learn quick.:laugh:

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Detroit still needs to get tougher at the blue line so if they sign Erhloff they'll need to trade still.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I give Ricelund a hard time on it really for making it public, but even today around the Wings organization there is a stunned feeling in terms of Suter according to a buddy I have with good connections around the team. They really thought that was a done deal.

Pretty sure Suter said himself it virtually a done deal in Detroit, then Parise called him up, said Minnesota would give them $100 million, and that was that.

It's why I hate Parise. :rant:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
These next couple days are going to be agonizing.

Just bring us Ehrhoff or Stralman and part 1 of 3 in the process of significantly improving our blueline will be in place.

I'm not quite as confident as Bench, but I'm hoping.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm not quite as confident as Bench, but I'm hoping.

I'm really confident if Holland matches the market. Low-balling is going to get us out of the conversations quick, though. That's my main worry. But if the checkbook is open, I think Detroit is the odds favorite. I feel it in my bones.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Wasn't it Chelios that basically said "we got him" too in regards to Suter. That was my least favorite day in FA history when he picked Minny. I had been dreaming about him as a Wing for a while and everything seemed to line up so perfectly.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm really confident if Holland matches the market. Low-balling is going to get us out of the conversations quick, though. That's my main worry. But if the checkbook is open, I think Detroit is the odds favorite. I feel it in my bones.

If Holland was willing to trade for him, he should be willing to give him a competitive offer.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

I know this has been talked about before, but after resigning all the RFA's how much cap room will they have left?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Smith turned me around at the end of last year. But I'm not sold he's a long-term solution. I said last year would be his defining year. Well, he bought himself more time. Now it's this year.

Well that would make him significantly than that grouping. I like him a lot, understand others hesitating, Ehrhoff would take the primary PP role with Kronwall on the team so that would impact Smith, he should still absolutely play over DeKeyser though. But hey each step helps, Ehrhoff is a terrific D-man.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wasn't it Chelios that basically said "we got him" too in regards to Suter. That was my least favorite day in FA history when he picked Minny. I had been dreaming about him as a Wing for a while and everything seemed to line up so perfectly.

Yeah, because Chelios was close with the Suter's, right? I mean, like I said, Suter was indeed all set to come to Detroit. Parise, man. And Minnesota offered an insanely good contract. And, if I'm being honest, St. Paul is pretty nice compared to Detroit and that matters to wives and family.

It's also closer to his roots in Wisconsin.

It was a perfect storm that I'm tired of talking about because I'm going to cry. :cry:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

One of the big dangers of free agency, I don't think we did anything wrong, we apparently needed to sell the wife harder and go after Parise.

I don't think they win anything on Minnesota, we will see they are making the right move if they are after Niskanen. But I like our young core more than what they have we will see. He did what he thought was right, I don't hate Suter for it but we are a big contender the last two years with him he is willing Minnesota into being about as good as us and that is with him eating minutes and playing phenomenal hockey. Was curious from a all I care about is winning and the organization. Couldn't believe he signed with Leopold either a guy pretty much everyone in Nashville despised and immediately acted like a cheap skate after signing both players to those huge deals and talked out of both sides of his mouth.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know this has been talked about before, but after resigning all the RFA's how much cap room will they have left?

I'm not much of a capologist. Somebody else can probably do this better.

But I think the Wings have $54.2 million locked up now. That leaves just under $15 million in cap. They need to sign Tatar, Sheahan, and DeKeyser. Assume they take up $6 million collectively.

That's about $9 million in space and they only need to sign 1 defender to complete the roster. So realistically, without moving any salary, you could sign Ehroff and Hemsky. Two players in that price range, at least. It would be tight, but I assume they move Kindl which would free up another $2.4 million.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He gave Weiss a competitive offer to land him, so I'm hopeful that trend continues this off-season.

Yeah, players we have been known to be fans of generally get pretty decent offers. Part of my belief that they will offer decent offers to both Ehrhoff and Hemsky this year. Also what scares me with Boyle should something go wrong in the pursuit of Ehrhoff, Stralman and Niskanen.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Dater was a hack when he wrote for the Denver Post, and he's a hack now. I'm not sure how many people here will remember, but he was the primary beat writer for the Avalanche during the rivalry days. He's a fool.

There's a small chance that he actually heard this, but I think I'll stick to the likes of McKenzie and Dreger.

Yep. Totally remember. He wrote "Blood Feud" about the Wings-Avs rivalry.

As for media pundits, they all seem to make a good call every once in a while but I only trust McKenzie at the end of the day.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
In terms of national guys and it shouldn't be surprising given he is based out of Detroit, but Custance is generally spot on with our team. He knows who the Wings are on and usually says but it will come to cost and explains that well. I trust him on Detroit stuff quite a bit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In terms of national guys and it shouldn't be surprising given he is based out of Detroit, but Custance is generally spot on with our team. He knows who the Wings are on and usually says but it will come to cost and explains that well. I trust him on Detroit stuff quite a bit.

Khan always has his pulse on who the Wings seem to like. I'm sure he'll say something soon.

He's also the guy you can count on to give you an idea of who is headed out the door. He basically called Quincey being let go months and months ago, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad