Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers 10/31/13

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
What if instead they could have gotten Strome or another Islander prospect? They could begin the development the way they want it done sooner.

i doubt that moulson was their first choice from the isles. they probably asked about strome and the isles told them no. kinda like cbus asking for kreider.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Kreider--Stepan--Zuccarello
Richards--Brassard--Nash
Hagelin--Miller--Callahan
Pouliot--Boyle--Dorsett

I'd probably go something like this....

Hagelin - Richards - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Pouliot - Brassard - Callahan
Boyle/Miller - Moore - Boyle/Miller

And have Dorsett be your spare...which is tough though considering how well Dorsett has played. I'm not sure who deserves to be sat there.

Miller maybe can move down and play in hartford and develop further.

tough to say.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
and dont get to riled up about Miller on the 4th line...most AV teams have their 4th line playing 10+ mins a night.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
and dont get to riled up about Miller on the 4th line...most AV teams have their 4th line playing 10+ mins a night.
I agree. Torts was a 3 line coach AV tends to play 4 lines. However if nash is able to come back before the end of the year then i wonder if its better to let miller play big minutes in hartford

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Richards-Nash (Pouliot until Nash gets back)
Zuccarello-Brassard-Miller
Pyatt-Moore-Boyle (Pyatt-Boyle-Dosrsett/Pouliot)

Extras: Dorsett; I'd personally look to trade Pyatt/Pouliot around the deadline for a pick.

GFiP*

Can't get rid of Pouliot when we're already limited in players with a nice shot.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

And have Dorsett be your spare...which is tough though considering how well Dorsett has played. I'm not sure who deserves to be sat there.

tough to say.

Miller should be sent down. Play Dorsett.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
There was a lot of creating last night. They were hungry for goals. In years past, I got the feeling guys were going back to the bench content they didn't give up a goal. But last night, I got the feeling guys were going back to the bench pissed they didn't score.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Moore-Boyle-Dorsett/Miller (probably send Miller down)

Would be my preferred lines.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

tough to say.

Ugh, this roster looks so much better with Kreider filling that hole on LW. I'd just send Miller down. That's actually a pretty damn deep lineup. When everyone is healthy I think we easily have the 2nd best roster in the Met.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Even when we don't score, we move the puck lightning quick and look so much better on the PP it's insane. I mean I'm sure going up against Buffalo had something to do with it but it was nice to see us control the puck and make plays on the PP as opposed to gaining the neutral zone dumping the puck in and then immediately losing possession and having the puck fired back into our own zone.

Our PP was good against Detroit and NYI, too. Was OK against Montreal (0/5, but they still had some good chances, which is more than I can say for most Torts' PPs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad