Proposal: Buffalo - Nashville

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
It is interesting to see the hell no's from Nashville. A soft no, maybe, but a hell no seems like a bit much. I dont see why Buffalo would consider this unless they were certain Reinhart will bail once he finally gets to UFA, but they've spent sp much effort bridging deals to keep his RFA status, that they should see it through.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It is interesting to see the hell no's from Nashville. A soft no, maybe, but a hell no seems like a bit much. I dont see why Buffalo would consider this unless they were certain Reinhart will bail once he finally gets to UFA, but they've spent sp much effort bridging deals to keep his RFA status, that they should see it through.

He's our best scorer on a team that has been desperate for goal scorers for almost the entirety of their existence, trading him for someone described as a 2-way playmaking center, albeit a younger one, when we've had nothing but 2-way playmaking centers rubs people the wrong way as it neglects the needs, surpluses and trade block.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He's our best scorer on a team that has been desperate for goal scorers for almost the entirety of their existence, trading him for someone described as a 2-way playmaking center, albeit a younger one, when we've had nothing but 2-way playmaking centers rubs people the wrong way as it neglects the needs, surpluses and trade block.
I respect that for personal Predators fan reasons, but I dont know who described him as a 2-way playmaking C. Hes played wing nearly his entire NHL career so far with ROR and Eichel. Now how much do those two deserve credit for his success? Thats a very good question. But on paper ignoring the picks and prospects in the OP, this is pretty even. All depends on how much you value an RFA next season in Reinhart vs a UFA in 3 seasons in Arvidsson.

If he went to Nashville, he'd immediately sub in on Johnansens or Duchenes wing.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't think Arvidsson is definitively better than Reinhart. He has some injury concerns that deduct from his value imo. Reinhart really could push for a 75 point season in the next year or two. He could also regress and slip to a 45 point player if he gets lost in the roster shuffle. But in general, I think I like the ceiling Reinhart has. That said, the add-ons make this trade obviously more favorable for a Sabres fan. Not the worst proposal by any means, though.

Reactions: RG3hockey

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
As far as I can tell, Reinhart spent a total of about 30 minutes last year not playing with Eichel. That makes me pretty leery of putting too much stock into his numbers, especially since we don't have a player like Eichel at all.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Yea Reinhart does good work in front as well as in the middle, Sam has good hand eye coordination for deflections as well.

I’m not saying Reinhart has one of the best shots in the league because that wouldn’t be true but most of his goals last season came from open spots wristered in the middle of the offensive zone last season.

I should have more specific when referring to Reinhart’s shots as well due in part that his wrist shot is fairly decent but his slap shot is nonexistent because he rarely ever uses it except for shooting one timers which really isn’t all that well either.

So good wrist and snap but bad slap shot and one timer.

Besides Eichel and Staal there isn’t a player that’s a better 2-way forward then Reinhart is on the Sabres roster could also have Girgensons in the 2-way conversation as well.
Jesus, please stop trying to pump Reinhart up as some super good, 2 way forward. Every team has guys like him. He's a bottom 6 forward, not some guy who is going to elevate one of your top 2 lines on offense. He's not even as good as Scott Laughton on the Flyers for the role each provides.

Just please stop trying force him down the throats of President fan, PLEASE!!!!

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Jesus, please stop trying to pump Reinhart up as some super good, 2 way forward. Every team has guys like him. He's a bottom 6 forward, not some guy who is going to elevate one of your top 2 lines on offense. He's not even as good as Scott Laughton on the Flyers for the role each provides.

Just please stop trying force him down the throats of President fan, PLEASE!!!!
I won't tell Preds fans that Arvidsson for Reinhart is a good exchange for them, but your take on Reinhart is absolute garbage. "Bottom 6 forward", "not even as good as Scott Laughton" seriously this is some of the stupidest shit I've seen on these boards and that's really saying something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad