Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo for All the Marbles - Pens @ Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's still nice to see that stuff, but sad too because of what could have been.

Everyone around us got better. They saw the standard the Pens set, and did everything they could to build teams in order to beat us. Teams adapted, teams evolved, teams improved.

And what did we do? We stayed the same. We got caught in a holding pattern and sometimes even unwittingly taking a step back or two because of misplaced loyalty and the old school way of relying on "veteran experience," all the while forgetting that it was your kids that got you to the promise land to start with in '09.

Six years. Six. What a ****ing waste.

Those kids also got the team to the finals the year before too.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Genuinely not anxious about this whatsoever.

They've been terrible lately. And if they can't beat Buffalo with the playoffs on the line? They don't deserve it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It's still nice to see that stuff, but sad too because of what could have been.

Everyone around us got better. They saw the standard the Pens set, and did everything they could to build teams in order to beat us. Teams adapted, teams evolved, teams improved.

And what did we do? We stayed the same. We got caught in a holding pattern and sometimes even unwittingly taking a step back or two because of misplaced loyalty and the old school way of relying on "veteran experience," all the while forgetting that it was your kids that got you to the promise land to start with in '09.

Six years. Six. What a ****ing waste.

Not drafting a Saad level player in the intervening years is one thing. Those guys aren't easy to find.

Not finding a Talbot level player is just dumbfounding. We don't even have a guy in those drafts that can backfill Tyler freaking Kennedy between 2007 and 2012.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Lol at all of you guys that are already drunk. If I didn't have a hockey game of my own to go play in a few minutes I'd probably be drunk too getting ready for this one :laugh:

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Dinner is in the oven. We got this.

M5kY7Cr.jpg

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Not drafting a Saad level player in the intervening years is one thing. Those guys aren't easy to find.

Not finding a Talbot level player is just dumbfounding. We don't even have a guy in those drafts that can backfill Tyler freaking Kennedy between 2007 and 2012.

I mean, we might have. This team decided to keep going out and getting ****** veteran after ****** veteran though to plug into the lineup instead. Then they even traded for more ****** veterans with draft picks. Their coaches also tried to completely change some guys games that didn't really fit their skill set. Then I truly believe Bylsma had no time or desire to make sure young guys grew and got better as players.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Lol at all of you guys that are already drunk. If I didn't have a hockey game of my own to go play in a few minutes I'd probably be drunk too getting ready for this one :laugh:

I have a chest cold so I can't drink. Instead I'm high on cough syrup.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The only positive I can think of with a loss is NBC will be sweating it out. The defending champs are gone, the goldenboy of the NHL would be gone, and 5 teams from Canada will be in. That is a ratings nightmare and the NHL deserve every second of it for this garbage season.

Now that you've put it that way....:yo:

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I don't think NBC would be that heart broken to see the Penguins miss. Bruins draw good ratings too.

I mean Boston is a big draw, you're right on that. But I highly doubt they draw as well as Pittsburgh, and they also won't be able to put Crosby in all the 2015 playoff commercials.

Some people I talk to only know 1 current NHL player and that's Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille