Boston Receives:
Taylor Hall 25% Retained
2021 3rd Round Pick

:sabres
Buffalo Receives:
2021 1st Round Pick
Jake Debrusk

thots? prayers?
As the person above me has said, a 2nd and Debrusk for Hall @ 50% is closer to actual value. I’m not sure Debrusk is the guy the Bruins want to be getting rid of before playoff time. I think he’s a scrappy third liner (possibly 2nd line) come playoff time, so they’d be looking to add Hall for the second line but not at the expense of that depth. The fit for Hall on the Bruins is definitely there though.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
2nd/DeBrusk for Hall at 50% sounds more realistic than the 1st.

Is Trent Frederic available?

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
edited it to be 50% since buff can afford it. while "actual value" may be debrusk and a 2nd, I feel that Hall being the best winger available adds to his value, if the bruins don't pay a first, someone else will. (I could see toronto going after Hall at 50% retained as well)

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
edited it to be 50% since buff can afford it. while "actual value" may be debrusk and a 2nd, I feel that Hall being the best winger available adds to his value, if the bruins don't pay a first, someone else will. (I could see toronto going after Hall at 50% retained as well)

Best case for BUF at this point is a bidding war between BOS & likely TOR to drive price up a bit. As a Sabres fan I would be happy making the aforementioned deal w BOS at this point.

Reactions: Scorcho

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
According to my Bruins fan homies - they would like to keep frederic, but he's not untouchable

I'd be interested in a Hall(50%) for Frederic + pick deal where you keep DeBrusk, but that probably involves salary from BOS to BUF elsewhere, and I dk how to accomplish that part.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To BUF:
Khulman
2021 2nd

To BOS:
Hall @ 50%

The OP has way too much going from the Bruins for a guy that is having a tough year. BOS would totally be in "Hope and Pray" mode with this trade. Khulman is a bottom six guy with a nice shot and the pick is well, a pick...

If that salary works, I'd do 2nd+Frederic for Hall(50%)

Reactions: 37Bergenov14

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
If that salary works, I'd do 2nd+Frederic for Hall(50%)

I think that would be tough for the Bruins. They seem to like Freddy as a bottom six center with some jam. I think BUF might ask, I personally don't see the Bruins moving him for a rental.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
To BUF:
Khulman
2021 2nd

To BOS:
Hall @ 50%

The OP has way too much going from the Bruins for a guy that is having a tough year. BOS would totally be in "Hope and Pray" mode with this trade. Khulman is a bottom six guy with a nice shot and the pick is well, a pick...

Buffalo just goes elsewhere then.

Boston is 100% in hope and pray mode if they'd like to attempt to win a cup before their core falls apart.

"way too much" is just silly when you're talking about a late 1st and a player who has 7 points this season...

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Buffalo just goes elsewhere then.

Boston is 100% in hope and pray mode if they'd like to attempt to win a cup before their core falls apart.

"way too much" is just silly when you're talking about a late 1st and a player who has 7 points this season...

In your OP you are trying to leverage a player in Hall that has 2 goals. The Bruins need goals are not really looking for a play making winger. On top of that DeBrusk is having a down year but he still has very good value to the Bruins fan base and we are fine keeping him. He is a young goal scorer on a decent contract.

So the OP is way off for the Bruins needs.

If the Sabres can do better for Hall then as you say they will. The Bruins should not pay anything close to your OP for Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad