Proposal: Buffalo - Boston (Hall)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Honestly it’s impossible to talk about Hall.

He has a NMC.

If he says “I want to go to only X” we are talking a Nate Schmidt return.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

He has a NMC.

He's about to be a UFA. I very much doubt he cares where he plays for the next few weeks, apart from he'd probably enjoy a playoff run, which seems like something any suitor for him will be posed to do.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think that would be tough for the Bruins. They seem to like Freddy as a bottom six center with some jam. I think BUF might ask, I personally don't see the Bruins moving him for a rental.

If it makes it any easier, I personally would probably be Frederic straight up. Fills a big need for us.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
To BUF:
Khulman
2021 2nd

To BOS:
Hall @ 50%

The OP has way too much going from the Bruins for a guy that is having a tough year. BOS would totally be in "Hope and Pray" mode with this trade. Khulman is a bottom six guy with a nice shot and the pick is well, a pick...

Kuhlman also has as many goals as Hall this year :naughty:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
who does not move the needle in today’s game.

Don't confuse crap production on a crap team for a guy that "doesn't move the needle".

From today's Athletic article: 16 Stats: Should Nashville trade Ekholm? Taylor Hall's value, and Jack Campbell

Aside from the lack of goals, Hall is still contributing and that should be evident to anyone who’s braved a Sabres game this season. He still has the sauce despite the dreary surroundings and his best asset, his play-making ability, remains. It hasn’t manifested into as many assists as it should because of the tire fire around him, but Hall comfortably leads all forwards in high danger assists according to data tracked by Corey Sznajder, nearly 0.9 more per 60 than Connor McDavid.
That helps explain why Hall leads the Sabres in expected goals created by a wide margin – he’s just had some bad luck in getting those chances in the net. Relative to teammates, Buffalo earns 0.45 more expected goals per 60 with Hall on the ice, a mark that ranks 16th in the league among forwards.

It is a cherry-picked stat? Sure, to an extent. He has undoubtedly played better than his production indicates.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Don't confuse crap production on a crap team for a guy that "doesn't move the needle".

From today's Athletic article: 16 Stats: Should Nashville trade Ekholm? Taylor Hall's value, and Jack Campbell

It is a cherry-picked stat? Sure, to an extent. He has undoubtedly played better than his production indicates.

Hall does not move the needle. Have you seen his salary and numbers?! Teams trading for Hall are trading for this UFA to produce NOW - not tomorrow. And there is no guarantee TH will ever produce again.

Not to mention the bad rep he owns in the locker room.

Reactions: Confucius

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Can someone enlighten me, where does this bad rep in the locker room come from , does anyone have evidence of it or is this just fake news ?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

He has a NMC.

Last week apparently Hall said he would only waive to go to EDM as he had unfinished business remaining there. Not sure if I believe that as it was published April 1, 2021

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Can someone enlighten me, where does this bad rep in the locker room come from , does anyone have evidence of it or is this just fake news ?

He was fine in NJ - just a reason for people to artificially lower his trade value in their heads.

Hall will return a 1st(or equivalent) or he'll stay in Buf. I guarantee it.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Marshmallow63?
Look I get it ,I was so pissed off the other night and I usually don't get that way with this team , but I was ready to trade anyone ................give another day to cool down and I will keep Marchand hahahaha ...........Although I would not mind trading Sweeney and Neely, I would include ownership but no other fan base would want them.......

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He was fine in NJ - just a reason for people to artificially lower his trade value in their heads.

Hall will return a 1st(or equivalent) or he'll stay in Buf. I guarantee it.
To be honest I always thought he would look good in a Bruins uniform ,but lately his decline is something to be concerned about, with that said if it could be done it might be worth taking a shot with him . I also would like them to get some one else they need scoring .

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Every team he has played for has rumblings or leaks that he is a cancer. Not my words.

I can only vouch for Buffalo.........but everything out of the room here is that Hall is a very hard worker and generally liked or loved in the locker room.

And believe me............if there's anything our incompetent media people can do, it's sniff out drama. They LOVE drama. Any sort of drama. If they can't find it, it's not there.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I can only vouch for Buffalo.........but everything out of the room here is that Hall is a very hard worker and generally liked or loved in the locker room.

And believe me............if there's anything our incompetent media people can do, it's sniff out drama. They LOVE drama. Any sort of drama. If they can't find it, it's not there.
You pushing me closer to wanting the Bruins to pull the trigger for him. Hey if the cost is right and it does not work you walk away from him in a couple months..

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
It will be interesting to see what Hall does after the deadline.

I don't think you can blame all of his poor season on his teammates. One of the stats I use to gauge effort and intensity (for forwards) is takeaways. Hall's career average is around 60+ per 82 games which is fanstastic, but this season he's on pace for 20. You don't need good teammates to create turnovers or win puck battles, you just need to be engaged and determined. But maybe he goes to a contender and is more engaged off the puck.

As a Bruins fan I'd hope they pass on DeBrusk for Hall (even without a pick).

My guess is he ends up in Edmonton (and is a good fit).

Reactions: Richard Lather

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
You pushing me closer to wanting the Bruins to pull the trigger for him. Hey if the cost is right and it does not work you walk away from him in a couple months..

If there's a place he could succeed, I think Boston certainly would be one. I didn't like his fit with the Isles, but I think he'd fit in very nicely next to Krejci. Hall can still skate like the wind and that opens up ice for others on his line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad