Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
To be fair when one is produced by HBO and the other by the team's media department it's not a surprise one team comes out looking better.

I think McDermott > hue, but I'm sure if it was hard knocks they would find more drama top include or hone in on any signs of ineptitude
Oh absolutely. This is true. I'm just focused on how they speak, not necessarily the highs and lows.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Jason Croom shaking up Buffalo Bills tight end depth chart

In the early part of the offseason, many speculated that the Buffalo Bills would undergo little change at the tight end position. With Charles Clay firmly entrenched as the starter, many fans and pundits assumed that Nick O’Leary would slot in as the backup, just as he did last season, with Logan Thomas or Khari Lee (or both) rounding out the unit.

However, as training camp has progressed, one thing has become abundantly clear: reports of the competition’s end were greatly exaggerated. Jason Croom, who joined the Bills as an undrafted free agent prior to the 2017 season, has emerged as a darkhorse candidate not only to make the 53-man roster, but to play a significant role with the club.

Croom began camp working almost exclusively with the backups, and he is currently listed as the Bills’ fourth-team tight end on the depth chart found on their official website. However, over the last few days of practice, Croom has worked in with the starting unit, even with Charles Claypracticing. When Buffalo’s veteran tight end had a rest day on Tuesday night, it was Croom who replaced him with the starters.

Who appears to have fallen as a result? Nick O’Leary, everyone’s favorite bare-handed pass-catching grandson of a famous golfer, seems to have been demoted to the third team as of late. Even Khari Lee has seen some run with the first team, yet O’Leary, who replaced Clay in the lineup last season when he tore his meniscus, has not taken many first-team reps in practice, if at all.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
What to watch for in Week 2 of the NFL preseason

Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns, 7:30 p.m. (NFL Network)

Bills (0-1): First-round rookie quarterback Josh Allen showed flashes of his potential during his debut last week, but will he take a step forward in pressuring Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron for the starting job? The excitement around Allen's big-throw talent is only surpassed by the necessities of a Buffalo offense that needs a signal-caller to operate the offense effectively. If Allen shows signs of that evolution in Game 2, it'll increase his chances of being the Day 1 starter. Ray-Ray McCloud jumped into the chase for the Bills' No. 2 wide receiving job with a solid effort against the Panthers. He'll need to sustain the effort to surpass Zay Jones and Corey Coleman on the depth chart.

Browns (1-0): All eyes will be transfixed again on Baker Mayfield after his impressive debut. Along with a strong performance by Tyrod Taylor, Cleveland is less than a month away from entering the season with stability at the game's most important position. Not to downplay the importance of the preseason, but we'll probably have to wait until September to clearly gauge the effectiveness of the revamped offense. A more intriguing study might involve the Browns' other high-profile rookies even if fourth-overall pick Denzel Ward sits this one out after dealing with a sore ankle in practice. Look for running back Nick Chubb to get more carries this week.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
3 quick takeaways from the final day of Bills camp

That’s it. It’s over.

The Buffalo Bills 2018 training camp from St. John Fisher College is in the books as the team will now relocate back to Orchard Park as it preps to face the Cleveland Browns in a preseason contest on Friday.

With that, here are three quick takeaways from the final day of Bills camp:

Uh-oh, Kelvin
Taron’s turn
Depth LB emerging

Up next: The Bills will likely have a walk-through practice on Thursday before heading to Cleveland for their second preseason contest against the Browns.

Reactions: missingmika

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills Today: McDermott offers thoughts on 'Embedded'

1 – McDermott offers thoughts on 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded'

Last night, the Bills premiered a behind the scenes series titled 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded' on their Facebook page. The series is designed to give Bills fans an inside look at the intricacies of the NFL lifestyle. Clips from the series show players, coaches, and other Bills personnel in meeting rooms, on the practice field, and just about everywhere else. Recently, Bills head coach Sean McDermott offered his thoughts on the production.

“Well, it is authentic, I can tell you that,” he said. “It is real.”

As you might imagine, an in-depth look at every move you make could be hard to adjust to, and McDermott said just that.

“Maybe some of the stuff that was taped will change the perception of Sean McDermott as a coach,” McDermott said jokingly. “I hope not.”

Although McDermott is the head man in Buffalo, he believes that the series is an accurate representation of what life at training camp is really like. He also noted that if he were just a fan, looking at the game from the outside, he would be glued to whichever device was playing “Embedded.”

“I know if I was a fan, I wouldn’t miss it,” said McDermott.

Bills fans can catch the entire series on Facebook Watch at facebook.com/billsembedded. New episodes will be available on Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m. from Aug. 15 through Sept. 5.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
5 Bills position battles to watch vs. Browns

With the first preseason game behind us, the Buffalo Bills will turn their attention to the Cleveland Browns. The Bills lost to the Carolina Panthers, 28-23 last week, but much of the attention was placed on position battle that are heating up.

Here are five position battles to watch as the Bills visit the Cleveland Browns on Friday:

Nickel Corner
Wide Receiver
Center
Tight End
Quarterback

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills vs. Cleveland Browns: broadcast info, announcers, streaming, radio, television

TV Schedule

Date: Friday, August 17, 2018

Time: 7:30 p.m. ET

Channel: The game is being carried nationally on the NFL Network, but the NFL Network broadcast is blacked out in the participating teams’ over-the-air station markets. The game will be carries locally on WKBW 7 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WSYR 9 in Syracuse, WBGH/WIVT 34 in Binghamton, WETM 18 in Elmira, WPNY 11/WFXV 33 in Utica, WTEN 10/WXXA 23 in Albany.

Announcers: Andrew Catalon (play-by-play), Steve Tasker (analyst), Thad Brown (sideline reporter)

NFL Network replay: Sunday, August 19 at 10:00 AM ET

Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WTKW 99.5 FM and WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse).

Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.

Online Streaming: Local live stream or NFL Game Pass (Free 7-Day Trial)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Bills Today: McDermott offers thoughts on 'Embedded'

1 – McDermott offers thoughts on 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded'

Last night, the Bills premiered a behind the scenes series titled 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded' on their Facebook page. The series is designed to give Bills fans an inside look at the intricacies of the NFL lifestyle. Clips from the series show players, coaches, and other Bills personnel in meeting rooms, on the practice field, and just about everywhere else. Recently, Bills head coach Sean McDermott offered his thoughts on the production.

“Well, it is authentic, I can tell you that,” he said. “It is real.”

As you might imagine, an in-depth look at every move you make could be hard to adjust to, and McDermott said just that.

“Maybe some of the stuff that was taped will change the perception of Sean McDermott as a coach,” McDermott said jokingly. “I hope not.”

Although McDermott is the head man in Buffalo, he believes that the series is an accurate representation of what life at training camp is really like. He also noted that if he were just a fan, looking at the game from the outside, he would be glued to whichever device was playing “Embedded.”

“I know if I was a fan, I wouldn’t miss it,” said McDermott.

Bills fans can catch the entire series on Facebook Watch at facebook.com/billsembedded. New episodes will be available on Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m. from Aug. 15 through Sept. 5.

Is this available anywhere other than Facebook?

Im also considering gamepass this year. Had NHL one a while now - was thinking of cancelling it but then Dahlin came along. But think i've talked myself into getting NFL alongside it. NFL coverage is really good here in the UK but it would be nice to catch up with bills game on demand after watching the majority via redzone. Me & a few friends really got into RZ last season - only started watching it because my normal bills stream was taken down.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Media poll: Which Buffalo Bills players impressed, surprised at training camp

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Members of the media have been able to watch up close as 90 players competed in training camp for a roster spot with the Buffalo Bills.

NYup.com asked 10 media members who have been at camp every day this summer which player impressed the most and which player surprised the most.

Here are the names and some thoughts on the players who had a big camp.

Final Talley
Impressed
Benjamin 3
Croom 2
Allen 1
Phillips 1
Edmunds 1
Teller 1
Hughes 1
Murphy 1

Surprised
Phillips 2
Murphy 2
Lawson 2
Croom 1
Dawkins 1
Jones 1
K. Lee 1
Bush 1

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Top 5 takeaways from Bills training camp

After three weeks and 16 practices, the Bills come home from Rochester. They’ll continue the preseason in training camp mode, but the practices, workouts, and meetings occur at One Bills Drive for the next few weeks as they continue to get ready for the regular season.

Here are five takeaways from the Bills training camp sessions at St. John Fisher:

1. THE PROCESS IS REAL
2. THE QUARTERBACK BATTLE IS REAL, ALSO
3. WIDE RECEIVER BATTLE WORTH WATCHING
4. YOUNG TALENT EMERGES AT CAMP
5. EDMUNDS UNDER THE RADAR

13th Annual Bills training camp awards

Most Valuable Player – Kelvin Benjamin
Most Improved Player – Shaq Lawson
Most Consistent – Tre’Davious White
Most Valuable Newcomer – Star Lotulelei
Most Promising Player – Josh Allen
Most Encouraging Comeback – Zay Jones

Granted he’s been out of his red non-contact jersey for all of three practices, but coming off shoulder and knee surgeries, Jones is a different player. He is laser focused on proving he can be a dynamic player in this league. In a few short practices Jones has made some impressive plays in the pass game. If he stays on this track he’ll be a far bigger contributor than most expect.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Im also considering gamepass this year. Had NHL one a while now - was thinking of cancelling it but then Dahlin came along. But think i've talked myself into getting NFL alongside it. NFL coverage is really good here in the UK but it would be nice to catch up with bills game on demand after watching the majority via redzone. Me & a few friends really got into RZ last season - only started watching it because my normal bills stream was taken down.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

scooch151

Dec 4, 2006

I think it's going up on YouTube (and elsewhere) tonight. Basically it's FB-exclusive for 24 hours.

As a side note to all this -- can we just recognize that the Bills have definitely stepped up preseason game production quality in terms of announcing? First game was Rob Stone (usually soccer announcer on Fox), and now Andrew Catalon who is normally on CBS. I had to listen to the Panthers' broadcast of the first preseason game, and they used their radio crew for TV -- and at the end of the first quarter, they said "We'll be right back, from Erie County, Pennsylvania..."

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Top 5 takeaways from Bills training camp

After three weeks and 16 practices, the Bills come home from Rochester. They’ll continue the preseason in training camp mode, but the practices, workouts, and meetings occur at One Bills Drive for the next few weeks as they continue to get ready for the regular season.

Here are five takeaways from the Bills training camp sessions at St. John Fisher:

1. THE PROCESS IS REAL
2. THE QUARTERBACK BATTLE IS REAL, ALSO
3. WIDE RECEIVER BATTLE WORTH WATCHING
4. YOUNG TALENT EMERGES AT CAMP
5. EDMUNDS UNDER THE RADAR

13th Annual Bills training camp awards

Most Valuable Player – Kelvin Benjamin
Most Improved Player – Shaq Lawson
Most Consistent – Tre’Davious White
Most Valuable Newcomer – Star Lotulelei
Most Promising Player – Josh Allen

Granted he’s been out of his red non-contact jersey for all of three practices, but coming off shoulder and knee surgeries, Jones is a different player. He is laser focused on proving he can be a dynamic player in this league. In a few short practices Jones has made some impressive plays in the pass game. If he stays on this track he’ll be a far bigger contributor than most expect.

If Benjamin and Jones can make strides, this could be a good WR group.

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills: 3 Bills who can help their roster stock vs. Cleveland

With Buffalo Bills training camp now officially over the focus now turns to the final three preseason games before the start of the regular season in Baltimore on September 9.

Who will make the final 53-man roster? What will the Bills depth chart look like heading into the regular season? Who will start at quarterback? These are just some of the questions the Bills will be looking to answer before the regular season starts.

Heading into training camp and the preseason the Bills had several roster battles for depth and roster spots raging other than the one to decide who starts at quarterback. Throughout training camp and last week’s first preseason game some of the answers at these positions began to take shape and surface.

While there are still three preseason games to go, some of the players involved in these battles can really begin to separate themselves from the pack and help solidify their roster spot and place on the depth chart.

Tomorrow night’s game in Cleveland will help give us some more answers to these competitions. Let’s take a look at three Bills to watch tomorrow night who can help their case for a roster spot and improve or solidify their spot on the depth chart.

DE Shaq Lawson
TE Jason Croom
RB Marcus Murphy

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Can Bills RB Marcus Murphy seal his roster spot, and 6 more things to watch vs. Browns

7 things to watch vs. Browns By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

The Cleveland Browns will host the Buffalo Bills in Week 2 of the preseason on Friday night. Starters should see more time on the field in Week 2, but players fighting for roster spots should also receive plenty of opportunities to impress the coaching staff.

With many jobs still up for grabs, here are seven things to watch when the Bills take on the Browns.

Can lock Marcus Murphy lock down a roster spot?
Will Siran Neal make an impact play when given the opportunity?
Can the starting offensive line continue their strong play?
Which tight ends help their cause against Cleveland?
How does the starting defense look against Tyrod Taylor?
Can Corey Coleman make play(s) against former team?
Does Josh Allen make his case to start in Buffalo's regular season dress rehearsal?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
A9C67DB0-E767-4C50-A81D-4D16DD2C0752.jpeg
A86F79AB-D4E4-4351-9835-131A20E89F05.jpeg
Daren Puppa’s kid looks decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events