Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Whether it was the right call or not let's not forget to blame Wilson either. He was the one who threw the ball. And he was the one who started the offense slow for the second game in a row and barely had a 50% completion. With all the bandwagon Seahawks fans on my Facebook it felt good seeing New England win.

And when he threw the ball the receiver was open, so what exactly are we blaming him for?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
And when he threw the ball the receiver was open, so what exactly are we blaming him for?

nah, it was a poor read. best case scenario he's throwing a suicide ball because he didn't check the defense

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Butler did make a great read on it and didn't hesitate at all. Which is why it was a pick. IF Butler made any mistake hesitating after reading that slant, it's a touchdown. no question about it.

ZeroPT*

I don't really think you can blame Wilson too much. Sure it was a bad read but that is an atrocious play call.

Like the announcers said, if you lose the superbowl because Lynch can't punch it in from the one, so be it. But they threw it away. Pun intended.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The play call wasn't the worst part of that play, the clock management was. Seattle had to throw once during that sequence once BB didn't call timeout. They ran a high percentage, offensive staple for that pass play, and just executed it horribly compounded by an absolutely perfect route jump by the rookie.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The play call wasn't the worst part of that play, the clock management was. Seattle had to throw once during that sequence once BB didn't call timeout. They ran a high percentage, offensive staple for that pass play, and just executed it horribly compounded by an absolutely perfect route jump by the rookie.

That's not a high percentage play from the 1 with the defense in so tight.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
They were just saying on ESPN that Marshawn was 1-5 on plays from the one in post season with Seattle ....

... and New England was dead last in short yardage heavy run package defense this year.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
That's not a high percentage play from the 1 with the defense in so tight.
I don't mean "high percentage to result in a TD," I mean "high percentage to result in a TD or incompletion." Russ threw for the score not the possession and the kid made a ****ing HELL of a jump on the ball coming from behind Browner's jam.

And all of those minor slip-ups were enabled by BB daring the Seahawks to beat him.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I'm irrationally angry over this... I can't believe they called a throw there, I can't believe it was so poorly read and executed. I hate the Patriots oh-so-much. Awful. Carroll and Bevell should be ashamed

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I can. There was a split second where Wilson had to transition from "I'm throwing this away the minute I see something I don't like" to "oh **** there's the throw to WIN THE MOTHER ****ING SUPER BOWL" and he missed it by a hair.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
That play never should have been called. If I'm coaching the superbowl, and it is 2nd and 1 on the 1 yard line, with 20 seconds left, and I need a TD to win, there is no other player I'd rather give the ball to in the league, then Lynch. Especially considering he was having a very good game, averaging over 4 yards per carry. That play call was pure unadulterated stupidity.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
That play never should have been called. If I'm coaching the superbowl, and it is 2nd and 1 on the 1 yard line, with 20 seconds left, and I need a TD to win, there is no other player I'd rather give the ball to in the league, then Lynch. Especially considering he was having a very good game, averaging over 4 yards per carry. That play call was pure unadulterated stupidity.

I could understand a play action pass there. Roll out Wilson and give him the option of running it in himself or tossing it to an open receiver, but that would probably be the only way I'm throwing the ball there.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Can we just talk about the Bills offseason and the pipe dream of Revis leaving NE to come herE? The Super Bowl is just too depression to discuss :(

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I could understand a play action pass there. Roll out Wilson and give him the option of running it in himself or tossing it to an open receiver, but that would probably be the only way I'm throwing the ball there.

Too much risk of a turnover throwing the ball like that, IMO there are two options. Either hand it to Lynch, or let Wilson run it. You do not put the superbowl in the hands of the 27th ranked passing attack in the NFL.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
In other news, I was actually thinking last night that 2015 will be the first season in probably 10+ years or so where I'll actually be excited and wanting the Bills to win. I don't think I've really been excited to watch the Bills since...the Bledsoe team maybe? The Bills finally have an owner that will spend some money and a head coach that's respectable. I'm still upset about the Seahawks losing, but 2015 should be a fun year since I'll have two teams to actually support now. :)

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Can we just talk about the Bills offseason and the pipe dream of Revis leaving NE to come herE? The Super Bowl is just too depression to discuss :(

The other side of it is he's got his ring now. He may just wanna get paid.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
In other news, I was actually thinking last night that 2015 will be the first season in probably 10+ years or so where I'll actually be excited and wanting the Bills to win. I don't think I've really been excited to watch the Bills since...the Bledsoe team maybe? The Bills finally have an owner that will spend some money and a head coach that's respectable. I'm still upset about the Seahawks losing, but 2015 should be a fun year since I'll have two teams to actually support now. :)

Watching the game last night, I couldn't help but fantasize about the Bills playing in next year's Super Bowl. It might be the first time I ever let myself think that way honestly.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Watching the game last night, I couldn't help but fantasize about the Bills playing in next year's Super Bowl. It might be the first time I ever let myself think that way honestly.

They have a lot of work to do before they get there, but Buffalo can definitely be a playoff team next season.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Would give the bills 3 great coverage DB's to go along with a great defensive line and a beast at lineback in Kiko. Thats a top 3 if not top defense in the NFL.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Butler did make a great read on it and didn't hesitate at all. Which is why it was a pick. IF Butler made any mistake hesitating after reading that slant, it's a touchdown. no question about it.

If he guessed the wrong route he would have gotten burnt too. iid what he did and there was no ball--would he have gotten an illegal contact penalty?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
You have to be five yards past the line of scrimmage for there to be illegal contact. They weren't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad