rb8nmpfspnxlptxjgjxv.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
5 takeaways from Brandon Beane's end of season presser

USATSI_11576691.jpg

By: Nick Wojton

The Buffalo Bills have officially moved from the 2018 season and into the 2019 year after Monday’s locker clean out day.Along with the festivities that were the end of season interviews, Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott gave their end of season state of the union press conferences.

Both spoke at length about the future of the organization.

With that, here are five takeaways from the Beane’s end of season press conference:

Draft Plans
Judicious Approach
Shady Defense

Pending Roster Decisions
Allen’s Playing Time a Key

“I promise you drafting for need is a mistake that can set franchises back, and I’m not going to do that as long as I’m in charge here.”

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
If Little or Williams drops, Bills can grab a 1st round talent WR in the second.

Move Dawkins to RT and Wyatt Teller getting a full NFL off-season and that fixes a couple of holes hopefully on offense.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

NFL firing season is the time of year when the NFL's vicious cycle of mediocrity becomes even more vicious and mediocre.

Six NFL head coaches were fired on "Black Monday," the official start of firing season that actually started on Sunday. Hue Jackson and Mike McCarthy already had been fired during the season, making a total of eight NFL head coaching vacancies: one quarter of the league is seeking new leadership.

Most of the fired coaches underperformed, so the dismissals did not come as a surprise. But many of the teams that fired ineffective head coaches retained the ineffective executives who hired them (and built talent-poor rosters for them) in the first place, setting the stage for another cycle of disappointment.

Black Monday is the day when bad organizations find a way to make things worse. And this firing season promises to be the most counterproductive one in years.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Anthony Johnson would be a great pick up. Walter Football has him with a 4th to 6th round grade now. He reminds me of how Diggs fell in his draft year.

At worst he's better than Drew Haddad.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If Little or Williams drops, Bills can grab a 1st round talent WR in the second.

Move Dawkins to RT and Wyatt Teller getting a full NFL off-season and that fixes a couple of holes hopefully on offense.

Totally agree with this. What position are Williams / Little projected to go?

Also surprised that Johnson is now a projected 4th rounder... Wasn't he projected 1st round not long ago?

They were speculating yesterday on nfl network about Brown... Can't say I have any sympathy for the Steelers - the Pens have made me hate Pittsburg as a city.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Anyway, hoping for a trade down with some team that wants to reach on a QB. Maybe Gruden will dump 25/27/35/2020 1st chasing some QB :laugh:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Josh Allen becomes the first Bills QB named AFC Player of the Week in 17 years

He was responsible for five of Buffalo’s six touchdowns to post a season-high 42 points as the Bills blew out the Dolphins in their season finale. What was probably Josh Allen’s best game of the season earned him AFC Player of the Week honors for Week 17.

"I think I’ve grown a tremendous amount. I’ve learned about kind of a different side of football, the preparation in which it takes," said Allen of his lessons learned as a rookie. "The game in the NFL is a lot different. It’s extremely tough. No win is given, it’s all earned. That’s something that I can look back on and say that this is kind of how my rookie year went. It wasn’t great, it wasn’t terrible, but I did enjoy it and I love the game of football.

Last edited:

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Anyway, hoping for a trade down with some team that wants to reach on a QB. Maybe Gruden will dump 25/27/35/2020 1st chasing some QB :laugh:

If the Raiders like a QB they'll just take him at 4. The Giants and Jaguars pick ahead of us as well. Truth is that we don't have an extraordinary pick and there aren't many hyped QB prospects this year. Best we can hope for is a Davenport-like trade with the Cowboys or Chiefs or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eichel9

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings: Dwayne Haskins, Josh Allen and other prospects raise stock after bowl games

by Chris Trapasso

Draft season is here, but there'll be plenty of tweaks to the prospect rankings over the next few months with the Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, and a host of pro days ahead.

In this Big Board update, I've highlighted the players who saw their stocks improve after strong showings in their respective team's bowl games.

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

2. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

3. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

4. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

5. Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

6. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

7. N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

8. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

9. A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

10. Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

AP Source confirms Bills fire offensive line coach Castillo

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — A person familiar with the Buffalo Bills’ decision confirms the team has fired offensive line coach Juan Castillo.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on the condition of anonymity because the Bills have not announced the move. CBSSports.com first reported Castillo’s firing Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad