Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
That’s my point though. Green Bay and New England can attract good players to play in cold climates because they already have a winning reputation. And attracting good players allows them to keep winning.

Need good players to in order to win. Need to win in order to attract good players.

Self-reinforcing cycles that are hard to break.

I think the tax thing is overblown, and in any case is more than compensated for by the far cheaper real estate market and cost-of-living in Buffalo compared to pretty much any major market. A player can buy a veritable mansion in Buffalo for dirt cheap compared to wait he’d pay in a major market.

The tax issue is not overblown. When we’re talking about tens of millions of dollars over a multi year period that extra 3,4,5% in taxes adds up.

Bryce Harper chose the Phillies and one reason was because at 13yrs/$330m interested teams in California would have to add tens of millions on top of the that.

Obviously in this case AB is not rejecting Buffalo over taxes.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
What we know about Antonio Brown’s failed trade to Bills

Itrk6hQR

By ALBERT BREER - March 08, 2019

The Steelers have an Antonio Brown problem. And it’s a different problem than the one that they had in December.

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo, but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract. My understanding is money was a factor for the Bills, too.

All this came after an interview with ESPN’s Jeff Darlington aired Saturday, during which Brown said, “I don’t even need football.” In turn, much of of the football world has decided it doesn’t need Brown. Or at least, it doesn’t need him under the present set of circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad