Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Trevor Lawrence is probably secured as the #1 overall pick in the 2021 draft if he declares early.

The best QB prospect since Luck when it comes to how early of his career when he is anointed a franchise QB.

I was pleasantly surprised with Allen, and actually have hope he can be a Flacco caliber QB (someone who while they will not put up gaudy passing #s, they find ways to usually end up with 9-10-11 wins a season and can possibly win a SB if everything falls perfectly in place).

That being said, if Allen does not make the playoffs either in the 2019 or 2020 I am legit tanking for Lawrence/trading the farm to get him. He looks like a Peyton Manning level type QB. A winner in college, hightly touted out of high school and is destined for breaking records and winning titles in the NFL.

We had suck for Luck but I would be all in on endeavor for Trevor. I would have no shame in signing Nathan Peterman in 2020 and starting him every game hopefully finishing 0-16 and picking 1st in 2021. If he returns for senior year do it again :laugh:

Only half joking btw. Lawrence is a stud. Dude would be the #1 pick this year if he was eligible.

Reactions: Husko

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer

Former Falcons special teams coach Keith Armstrong interviewed for the same position with the Buffalo Bills, I'm told. Armstrong has coached special teams with the Falcons, Dolphins, and Bears.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Trevor Lawrence is probably secured as the #1 overall pick in the 2021 draft if he declares early.

The best QB prospect since Luck when it comes to how early of his career when he is anointed a franchise QB.

I was pleasantly surprised with Allen, and actually have hope he can be a Flacco caliber QB (someone who while they will not put up gaudy passing #s, they find ways to usually end up with 9-10-11 wins a season and can possibly win a SB if everything falls perfectly in place).

That being said, if Allen does not make the playoffs either in the 2019 or 2020 I am legit tanking for Lawrence/trading the farm to get him. He looks like a Peyton Manning level type QB. A winner in college, hightly touted out of high school and is destined for breaking records and winning titles in the NFL.

We had suck for Luck but I would be all in on endeavor for Trevor. I would have no shame in signing Nathan Peterman in 2020 and starting him every game hopefully finishing 0-16 and picking 1st in 2021. If he returns for senior year do it again :laugh:

Only half joking btw. Lawrence is a stud. Dude would be the #1 pick this year if he was eligible.

Hold your horses. Logan Thomas was also considered a top overall pick after his first season. McCoy and Barkley were there too.

Weren't you also the guy who wanted to use a first on Cardale Jones if he declared after his championship game performance?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Hold your horses. Logan Thomas was also considered a top overall pick after his first season. McCoy and Barkley were there too.

Weren't you also the guy who wanted to use a first on Cardale Jones if he declared after his championship game performance?

Uh no I was not. So please do not attribute fake posts to me thanks. I never made a single post about wanting to draft Cardale Jones so do not attribute that to me.

And Logan Thomas was never even 1/10th of the prospect T-Law is at any point of his career.

And no I am not holding back. T-Law is the best QB prospect since Luck and many agree.

Logan Thomas and t-law :laugh:

Lawrence was a true freshman. Logan thomas red shirted, and did not become a starter until his RS SO year. Thomas never hit 20+ pass tds, had a career 52-39 td-int ratio and a career 55.5% pct. Logan Thomas was never a good QB prospect and not even close to T Law. T Law is already a Luck, Newton, Stafford, Matt Ryan etc level QB prospect and I would do a Ricky Williams level trade for him. He is a future perennial all pro who will win MVPs and SBs. There was a reason he was a 5* coming out of HS and also the best pro style QB prospect in years.

ZERO chance TLaw does not go top 5 in either 2021 or 2022.

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Trapasso - #Bills fans should watch Bama's Jonah Williams tonight. He's someone I think is firmly in play at nine. Fundamentally sound left tackle who has played right tackle.

I keyed in on him several times last night. Maybe I didn't watch him at the right times, but his performance seemed rather average to me. Got bull rushed a few times and finessed a few times.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I keyed in on him several times last night. Maybe I didn't watch him at the right times, but his performance seemed rather average to me. Got bull rushed a few times and finessed a few times.

Agree with this. I still think he ends up getting picked before 9. Even then, I hope we trade down, grab extra picks this year and take a receiver in the middle/end of Round 1. My guy is N’Keal Harry from Arizona St. 6’4” about 220lbs. He’s not the fastest, but has great leaping ability and is athletic without being a burner, has a real good release and gets tons of YAC because of his ability to break tackles.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

Just trying to do the math.....
Peterman starts 16 games.....
I figure he'd throw.....
691 interceptions. Give or a take a dozen.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
In three years, we may be talking about Trevor Lawrence.
In three years? At the pro level? Sure.

At the collegiate level, people were talking about him since 4th game, and will continue to talk about him for next 2 (doubtfully 3) seasons at Clemson.

I've posted before the Clemson Tigers are my adopted team. Wife got her masters degree there 20 years ago, and returned on two separate stints, eventually getting her PhD in 2011. It's a small college town. Her kids and coach Swinney's kids were in the same elementary and middle school classes. She's a hardcore sports fan, especially football, college football, and Clemson. I'd put her knowledge head to head with most of the football posters here. It's been great for our marriage to share a few hours on most autumn Saturdays/Sundays.

Clemson O-line were unsung heroes last night. Yes, Lawrence throws a fast ball, and has a quick release, but he was largely untouched in the pocket all night long. I think the Tide had only 1 sack.

I think Alabama and Clemson remain the top two programs for next season, even with Clemson needing to retool their d-line.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
In three years? At the pro level? Sure.

At the collegiate level, people were talking about him since 4th game, and will continue to talk about him for next 2 (doubtfully 3) seasons at Clemson.

I've posted before the Clemson Tigers are my adopted team. Wife got her masters degree there 20 years ago, and returned on two separate stints, eventually getting her PhD in 2011. It's a small college town. Her kids and coach Swinney's kids were in the same elementary and middle school classes. She's a hardcore sports fan, especially football, college football, and Clemson. I'd put her knowledge head to head with most of the football posters here. It's been great for our marriage to share a few hours on most autumn Saturdays/Sundays.

Clemson O-line were unsung heroes last night. Yes, Lawrence throws a fast ball, and has a quick release, but he was largely untouched in the pocket all night long. I think the Tide had only 1 sack.

I think Alabama and Clemson remain the top two programs for next season, even with Clemson needing to retool their d-line.
They mentioned he was playing 2 more years at Clemson.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Full disclosure I didnt watch the national championship game, but having watched several games that both Alabama and Clemson played this year Ferrell is an absolute monster. That's a very tough matchup for Williams or any tackle. If he's not the best pass rusher in the nation he's certainly in the conversation. I'd take Williams at 9 without any hesitation. Fills a large need for the Bills and while he'll never be a Joe Thomas like tackle at the next level I think he'll be an above average starter for the next decade.

Reactions: brian_griffin

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buccaneers to hire Bruce Arians as next head coach

Bruce Arians' retirement didn't last long.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are signing the former Arizona Cardinals coach to be their next head coach, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Arians will have a four-year deal with a fifth-year option, a source told Rapoport.

The former Cards coach is also expected to hire Harold Goodwin as run game coordinator/offensive line, Byron Leftwich as pass game coordinator and Clyde Christiansen as QB coach, Rapoport added.

Earlier Tuesday, Rapoport reported that the Bucs were set offer the gig to Arians. Things developed quickly from there.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
They mentioned he was playing 2 more years at Clemson.

That is because he is forced to. You must be 3 years out of high school before eligible to be drafted. T Law was a true freshman so he is at Clemson for 2019 and 2020. He will be the #1 pick in 2021 book it. Unless a franchise he has no desire to play for earns the #1 pick he could then stay for his senior year or pull an Eli and refuse to play for that franchise.

T Law has it all. Whoever ends up with him at the next level will have an all pro QB for 15 years. Knowing Buffalo, Brady retires after 2019, they are god awful in 2020 and they end up with the top pick in 2021. Then we have another superstar QB to own us for 15+ years.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Iirc College players can’t turn pro till high school year +3

I see him turning pro in 2021.

I wait yo judge him in year two after teams have a year to study games and his tendencies.
Correct. I was correcting the guy who said he'd be in the draft in 2 years.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
AROUND THE NFL

Tracking Head Coaching Hires
Three teams hired their new head coaches in the last two days: Bruce Arians to the Bucs, Kliff Kingsbury to the Cardinals and Matt LaFleur to the Packers. Track interviews for the remaining vacancies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Correct. I was correcting the guy who said he'd be in the draft in 2 years.
I didn't say that. I said they'd continue to be talk about him for the next 2 years at Clemson (2019 and 2020), but doubtfully for a 3rd season (2021) (knowingly implying he'd come out in the 2021 draft).

(we're all in agreement)

edit: Ahh, I see what you were thinking.
to your prior remark "In three years we may be talking about Trevor Lawrence." my reply was to infer he's not an unknown - he is the premier NCAA QB now, and we don't need to wait until he turns pro to "talk about him". He will be national media focus through the remainder of his Clemson career. Layne / @La Cosa Nostra piled on with his (characteristic but always welcomed hyperbole) comments - which I also believe is warranted, but hesitated to endorse because I have a pro-Clemson bias and watch them 3-4x more than any other NCAA team/QB.

FYI, while Lawrence is experience-wise a true freshman (no red-shirt), he graduated HS early and enrolled early at Clemson last Spring 2018. In terms of progress towards graduation, credit-wise, I don't know if he's technically now a sophomore beginning with second semester or not. I suspect he is.

Lawrence throws a fast ball, has a fast release, from what I understand his mechanics are good (nothing people would want to "correct" in the pros). At 6'6", he's the prototypical height people want for the pro QBs (6'-4" to 6'-6"). His running is adequate. He reads the field quickly enough. He doesn't appear to be on the dumb side intellectually (Bradshaw, Marino, Vince Young, - and Kelly less so - were noted as below-average).

Clemson QBs benefit from top talent & depth at receiver (but I actually think Alabama's current receivers are a better group - others may disagree).

Last edited:

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I didn't say that. I said they'd continue to be talk about him for the next 2 years at Clemson (2019 and 2020), but doubtfully for a 3rd season (2021) (knowingly implying he'd come out in the 2021 draft).

(we're all in agreement)

edit: Ahh, I see what you were thinking.
to your prior remark "In three years we may be talking about Trevor Lawrence." my reply was to infer he's not an unknown - he is the premier NCAA QB now, and we don't need to wait until he turns pro to "talk about him". He will be national media focus through the remainder of his Clemson career. Layne / La Costra Nostra piled on with his (characteristic but always welcomed hyperbole) comments - which I also believe, but hesitated to endorse because I have a pro-Clemson bias and watch them 3-4x more than any other NCAA team/QB.

FYI, while Lawrence is experience-wise a true freshman (no red-shirt), he graduated HS early and enrolled early at Clemson last Spring 2018. In terms of progress towards graduation, credit-wise, I don't know if he's technically now a sophomore beginning with second semester or not. I suspect he is.
Gotcha

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Buffalo Bills are now over one week into the offseason, and the Bills Beat brings you their first podcast of the offseason. Among the discussions, do Bills fans feel left behind with the explosion of teams hiring offensive coaches? Also, what should you make of Brandon Beane's job after a full year-and-a-half? Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn get into all of it in the first episode of 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad