Buffalo Bills: Offseason - Free Agency: Trade for Antonio Brown is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Broncos expected to hire Fangio as head coach

The Broncos are expected to hire longtime defensive coordinator Vic Fangio as their head coach, Ian Rapoport reports. Fangio is getting a four-year deal with a fifth-year option, Tom Pelissero adds. Read

Browns promote Freddie Kitchens to head coach

The Cleveland Browns are hiring Freddie Kitchens to be their head coach, Ian Rapoport reports. Kitchens became the interim offensive coordinator after Todd Haley was fired midseason.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Funny how all the “good” coaches have a franchise QB.

I have no doubts Reich is a good coach, but the success in Indy has a lot more to do with the guy chuckin’ The rock than it does the guy with the headset.
His coaching decision in OT caused the Colts loss to the Texans in their first reg season game this year.

That said, you know a priori Reich will always be dedicated, prepared, and disciplined, and push the same culture with staff and players (unlike, e.g., Rex Ryan).

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Trevor Lawrence is probably secured as the #1 overall pick in the 2021 draft if he declares early.

The best QB prospect since Luck when it comes to how early of his career when he is anointed a franchise QB.

I was pleasantly surprised with Allen, and actually have hope he can be a Flacco caliber QB (someone who while they will not put up gaudy passing #s, they find ways to usually end up with 9-10-11 wins a season and can possibly win a SB if everything falls perfectly in place).

That being said, if Allen does not make the playoffs either in the 2019 or 2020 I am legit tanking for Lawrence/trading the farm to get him. He looks like a Peyton Manning level type QB. A winner in college, hightly touted out of high school and is destined for breaking records and winning titles in the NFL.

We had suck for Luck but I would be all in on endeavor for Trevor. I would have no shame in signing Nathan Peterman in 2020 and starting him every game hopefully finishing 0-16 and picking 1st in 2021. If he returns for senior year do it again :laugh:

Only half joking btw. Lawrence is a stud. Dude would be the #1 pick this year if he was eligible.

With luck, Allen won't be around in 2020. I hope he doesn't get beyond next year to "develop". I don't think he's ever going to develop to what we want; the sooner the organization moves on the better.

I'm afraid he will end up as a Tannehill type QB; good enough to stick around, not good enough to achieve anything worth mentioning. I'd like to spend as little time as possible on the misguided Josh Allen experiment.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
With luck, Allen won't be around in 2020. I hope he doesn't get beyond next year to "develop". I don't think he's ever going to develop to what we want; the sooner the organization moves on the better.

I'm afraid he will end up as a Tannehill type QB; good enough to stick around, not good enough to achieve anything worth mentioning. I'd like to spend as little time as possible on the misguided Josh Allen experiment.

TLDR - "I hope our QB and our team fail, so I can say I was right" #NotMyQB

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
You literally hope he fails. Bills fans, ladies and gentlemen.
how hard is reading? he doesnt think allen will succeed and hopes the team doesnt wait to keep looking, disagreeing is 1 thing being purposefully thick to make a point is something different

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
how hard is reading? he doesnt think allen will succeed and hopes the team doesnt wait to keep looking, disagreeing is 1 thing being purposefully thick to make a point is something different

No he says he thinks Allen will be just good enough to stick around but not win. And with luck he will fall short of that, rather than say, with luck he will exceed that.

Just silly. Hate Allen all you want, he clearly has the potential to be good

Reactions: Mit Yarrum

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
If they put a god damn roof on a stadium in Buffalo
...they'll be able to use it for more than just 8 Sundays a season and a couple of concerts each year.

I'm assuming your argument for NOT having a roof on the stadium is "the advantage" we'll lose over the opponents? I'd like to have a retractable roof for the opportunity to play open air at times, but I don't believe there is really any advantage anymore. Most of the players don't stay in Buffalo during the winter once the season ends. They don't practice in the elements. Bills players really aren't more prepared for a "Snow Bowl" than other teams. Maybe one game against Miami a year? Maybe.

Putting a roof on a stadium and making it louder than any other stadium is more of an advantage than wind and cold. Wind and cold effects both sides. If the fans are smart they are quiet when the offense has the ball and ear shattering when the defense is on the field.

If you draft your QB because "he has a strong enough arm for the winds in Buffalo" or prefer a running game "because its too hard to throw the ball in Buffalo" you are outdated. You play 8 games away from Buffalo and at least 4 games at home with good weather. You shouldn't build your team or stadium for the possibility of having an overrated leg up for 4 games at most.

EDIT: If this is not your argument then I apologize. I just hear the "advantage" stuff so much and assumed.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
...they'll be able to use it for more than just 8 Sundays a season and a couple of concerts each year.

I'm assuming your argument for NOT having a roof on the stadium is "the advantage" we'll lose over the opponents? I'd like to have a retractable roof for the opportunity to play open air at times, but I don't believe there is really any advantage anymore. Most of the players don't stay in Buffalo during the winter once the season ends. They don't practice in the elements. Bills players really aren't more prepared for a "Snow Bowl" than other teams. Maybe one game against Miami a year? Maybe.

Putting a roof on a stadium and making it louder than any other stadium is more of an advantage than wind and cold. Wind and cold effects both sides. If the fans are smart they are quiet when the offense has the ball and ear shattering when the defense is on the field.

If you draft your QB because "he has a strong enough arm for the winds in Buffalo" or prefer a running game "because its too hard to throw the ball in Buffalo" you are outdated. You play 8 games away from Buffalo and at least 4 games at home with good weather. You shouldn't build your team or stadium for the possibility of having an overrated leg up for 4 games at most.
To the first bolded, on the flip side, remaining open-air does not mean it can only be used 8 Sundays a year and for a couple concerts (and/or collegiate & HS sports contests).

To the second bolded, the converse remains true too. You shouldn't build a dome just because you're concerned about the weather one or two weekends a decade.

We do agree the number of Bills games where the weather impacts the contest are remarkably small. I can think of only the wonderful Colts snow-globe game December 2017, and the Nov 2014 game moved to Detroit because the stadium was buried. I think there was one game with low weather-related attendance during the Super-Bowl era Bills. 1980s-1990s? Maybe 1 game every few years.

I've attended probably 2x the number of Bills games in Orchard Park as I have pro and major college games at other stadiums, both in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec., Jan. I can assure you the direct sun in September on a 90-degree-in-shade-heat with the added 90% humidity of the Carolinas or Florida, in a stadium with the dense-pack body heat of sweaty fans is 1000x more dome-worthy than a snowy game or even a 35 Farenheit rain in Orchard Park.

to me, a retractable-roof dome is a preferred option, if and only if a new stadium is built on the lake, and really for the wind impact only, but only if the majority of fans can get sunshine on their faces on a beautiful fall day.

Even Minneapolis moved their games back outdoors.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

EDIT: If this is not your argument then I apologize. I just hear the "advantage" stuff so much and assumed.
Not my argument but your response is accurate. I'm just a large proponent that there shouldn't be roofs on NFL stadiums.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Don’t care if it has a roof or not. I just desperately want it in downtown buffalo. Keeping it in the suburbs would be such a shame

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL mock draft: Updated 3-round projections

By: Luke Easterling

January is moving right along, with one round of the NFL playoffs already in the books, and top underclassmen prospects making their decisions to either stay in school or make the early jump to the pros.

With the declaration deadline and all-star circuit just around the corner, let’s take an updated look at how the first three rounds of the 2019 NFL draft could shake out, using the latest updated order (via Tankathon):

#NFL Mock Draft:

Round 1
9. Buffalo Bills D.K. Metcalf | WR | Ole Miss

Round 2
40. Buffalo Bills Jawaan Taylor | OT | Florida

Round 3
74. Buffalo Bills Elgton Jenkins | OL | Miss St

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL free agents 2019: Top 50 players that are fits for Buffalo Bills

5e8_top50freeagents.jpeg

By Matt Parrino

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane has almost $90 million in cap space to work with this offseason to try and fill a number of holes on the team's roster.

So how will he use it?

Beane puts an emphasis on the free agency period but he's determined to be smart with the capital the Bills have built by stripping down the roster and getting rid of big salaries.

"If you're not wise with (your cap money), you can be back to where it was when I walked in the door here," Beane said. "We definitely want to fill holes in free agency. I think I've said it before - you use free agency to help you so you're not going to the draft in April with all these holes, and now you're drafting for need. I promise you drafting for need is a mistake that can set franchises back, and I'm not going to do that as long as I'm in charge here."

Beane is looking to be "judicious" in free agency and these are the 50 best fits to monitor as we approach the signing period beginning on March 13 at 4 p.m. ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad