Buffalo Bills: 6-10 (Offseason; RIP Ralph Wilson; Mary Wilson assumes ctrl of team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Since when does being a "degenerate moron POS" prevent someone from making a difference
Don't feed him.

Johnson-Williams-Woods-Goodwin is a deadly receiving corp. EJ obviously has to improve and be able to get them the ball on a regular basis but that is the best group of receivers we've had in a LONG time.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Don't feed him.

Johnson-Williams-Woods-Goodwin is a deadly receiving corp. EJ obviously has to improve and be able to get them the ball on a regular basis but that is the best group of receivers we've had in a LONG time.

Without a doubt. This is easily our best group of WRs since 2002 season, Bledsoes first year when he put up 4,359 yards passing, a franchise record. For how great Jimbo was I can't believe he never reached 4,000 in a season. The other crazy stat I couldn't believe was that prior to Stevie, no Bill had ever put up consecutive 1000 yard years. But back to the 02 WR core, that year Peerless and Moulds both put up 1,200+ and Josh Reed as the #3 was over 500, and Centers, Reimersma and Henry were all over 300. That's 6 players with 300+ yards while this past season no one reached even 700 yards. This year I can see that changing. I can see Stevie going 70-1,100-8, Williams 60-950-7, Woods 50-750-5 , Chandler 50-600-5 and then Spiller and Freddy adding in 300+.

This is definitely make or break for EJ. His 2nd year with the same HC and OC, and now he has 2 proven starting WRs and a solid #3 guy in Woods who eventually may be better then Stevie and Williams. Remember, Woods was one of the youngest players in the whole league last year and is turning only 22 this month. He broke USC records and was a high 2nd round pick, so EJ is going to have 3 quality starting caliber WRs to throw too. Hopefully this can create mismatches with Goodwin and Graham as deep threats. EJ is also going to have back his 2 great RBs in Freddy and Spiller. Chandler is back and all of his OL. As long as we can add a quality guard or OT in the 2nd or 3rd EJ will then have no reason not to succeed and any failure would be all on him. He already has a top 5 rushing attack, he now has 2 starting WRs and a rising WR in Woods and he has his huge red zone/ over the middle safety cushion in Chandler back too.

The only weak point right now is the OL but that will be remedied with a G or T taken in the first 3 rounds. Glenn, Wood, and Urbik are all top OL, so 3/5ths of the line is solidified. Pears is an OK starter, but an excellent #6 type OL to spell the starters ideally. Hairston is in the same boat but he is stll young and has high potential to eventually be a decent starting tackle. Legursky is a decent backup. Hopefully we draft a T in the 2nd and then try to sign another quality OL. I am very surprised that after losing Byrd the team actually went on the offensive and used the salary saved by not signing him and trying to fill holes over the roster.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Wow what a steal! Williams for just a 6th?! We traded a 7th for Tavaris Jackson, a garbage backup QB who never played a game. And now we got a legit #2 WR who has put up 964+ yards twice before for just a 6th? Amazing. That 6th would have been practice squad fodder at best.

Williams likely won't make a difference since he's a degenerate moron POS, but why not take a shot on him with a worthless late pick.

Now we just need SFTC Addict to chime in to complete the braintrust.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bil...oud-c-j-spillers-future?ex_cid=espnapi_public

The Bills were close to trading for Chris Johnson?!??! Wow that is crazy. What for? CJ2k is 2 years older then Spiller so I don't see the point of that. Still, if we are able to move Spiller for a 2nd and sign CJ2k I think I would really think hard about it. Get a 2nd for Spiller, sign CJ2k, draft a LB, OLx2, and a TE with our 1st, 2 2nds and our 3rd and then draft a RB in round 2 next draft wouldn't be a bad idea. CJ2k and Freddie should be able to carry the load as a 1a/1b tandem for at least 2 years while we draft and groom a RB in the 2015 draft.

I am loving how proactive they are. They really are going hard at looking into every possible aspect of improving the team, I mean they were interested in DJax, they are looking into CJ2k, they traded a garbage pick for a legit #2 WR, they must feel they are a lot closer to the playoffs then we think. I mean if our pass rush stays the same and we finally plug up our run defense a 8-8,9-7 season isn't out of the realm of possibility as long as we get a halfway decent season out of Manuel. They may end the playoff drought before it reaches 20 years after all.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
CJ.5K as a third rb would be great, especially as insurance if one of spiller or fjax go down. Ronnie Brown's made hay out of that

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
CJ.5K as a third rb would be great, especially as insurance if one of spiller or fjax go down. Ronnie Brown's made hay out of that

He wouldn't be a 3rd here, they signed Dixon for that. The 3rd RB role needs to be a special teams producer, and Dixon is one of the better special teamer in the league. If CJ2k is brought in, one of the two is on the way out, and Spiller is the only one that makes sense to me.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
The Bills were close to trading for Chris Johnson?!??! Wow that is crazy. What for?
They see the writing on the wall with re-signing Spiller next year. He'll command big bucks and he's a bad fit with this offense, and that's if he wants to stay here at all.

I am loving how proactive they are. They really are going hard at looking into every possible aspect of improving the team
Except for the position that matters.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Except for the position that matters.

They took Manuel in the 1st last year.They aren't going to give up on him after 10 games and only the age of 24.Now with the added weapons and an OL that should be vastly improved after the draft, there should be no reason for EJ not to be able to succeed.If he struggles in 2014 then by all means we should draft a QB in round 1 and I think they will.

With WR no longer a pressing need in round 1, this would be my top 5 wish list for players that should still be there at 9 (left out Clowney,Mack etc all the players who will be long gone by 9)

1.Greg Robinson (Probably gone by 9 but may still be there)
2.Jake Matthews (Beast.Has awesome blood lines and would be an all-pro rock on our OL)
3.Eric Ebron (Less of a necessity after trading for Williams and re-signing Chandler but I love his potential)
4.Anthony Barr (High Risk,Very High Reward.Has some Maybin type risks as Barr didn't play defense until 2012)
5.CJ Mosley (If we are targeting him I would trade down to the 14 range and try to pick up a 2nd or 3rd+4th.He should be available in the mid teens)

Other players in consideration at 9:
HaSean Clinton-Dix (Don't really want a safety,it's typical Bills strategy to draft a position in round 1 after letting a top tier player at said position walk in free agency)
Taylor Lewan (Is a little older and just got arrested,I am definitely not as high on Lewan as I am on G-Rob or Matthews)
Trade down scenario:Marqise Lee (I would like to add him just for the fact that him and Woods were an absolutely deadly combo.We could probably move down to the 15-20 range and still get him while adding a 2nd round pick.Even with Williams,there is room for Lee as I don't see Williams playing here past 2015 and Stevie may be cut/traded in the future if management gets sick of his antics)

I gotta say,I have not remembered going into a draft with so few holes like we have this year.We are absolutely set on DL,CB and RB.QB also isn't a need after drafting one in the 1st last year,WR is very deep right now so getting one is a luxury pick that we could afford as long as we address our OL and LB situation in round 2 and 3.

As long as we get an OL and LB with 2 of our first 3 picks,I honestly am content on going pretty much any position in round 1 except QB,RB and DL.I am not high on either of the big 3 QBs.This draft is going to be fun,too bad the NFL is greedy and changed the date of the draft just so it would fall in Sweeps :shakehead

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
They took Manuel in the 1st last year.They aren't going to give up on him after 10 games and only the age of 24.Now with the added weapons and an OL that should be vastly improved after the draft, there should be no reason for EJ not to be able to succeed.If he struggles in 2014 then by all means we should draft a QB in round 1 and I think they will.

With WR no longer a pressing need in round 1, this would be my top 5 wish list for players that should still be there at 9 (left out Clowney,Mack etc all the players who will be long gone by 9)

1.Greg Robinson (Probably gone by 9 but may still be there)
2.Jake Matthews (Beast.Has awesome blood lines and would be an all-pro rock on our OL)
3.Eric Ebron (Less of a necessity after trading for Williams and re-signing Chandler but I love his potential)
4.Anthony Barr (High Risk,Very High Reward.Has some Maybin type risks as Barr didn't play defense until 2012)
5.CJ Mosley (If we are targeting him I would trade down to the 14 range and try to pick up a 2nd or 3rd+4th.He should be available in the mid teens)

Other players in consideration at 9:
HaSean Clinton-Dix (Don't really want a safety,it's typical Bills strategy to draft a position in round 1 after letting a top tier player at said position walk in free agency)
Taylor Lewan (Is a little older and just got arrested,I am definitely not as high on Lewan as I am on G-Rob or Matthews)
Trade down scenario:Marqise Lee (I would like to add him just for the fact that him and Woods were an absolutely deadly combo.We could probably move down to the 15-20 range and still get him while adding a 2nd round pick.Even with Williams,there is room for Lee as I don't see Williams playing here past 2015 and Stevie may be cut/traded in the future if management gets sick of his antics)

I gotta say,I have not remembered going into a draft with so few holes like we have this year.We are absolutely set on DL,CB and RB.QB also isn't a need after drafting one in the 1st last year,WR is very deep right now so getting one is a luxury pick that we could afford as long as we address our OL and LB situation in round 2 and 3.

As long as we get an OL and LB with 2 of our first 3 picks,I honestly am content on going pretty much any position in round 1 except QB,RB and DL.I am not high on either of the big 3 QBs.This draft is going to be fun,too bad the NFL is greedy and changed the date of the draft just so it would fall in Sweeps :shakehead

I'll tell you guys what. I have this sneaking gut feeling they love Johnny Football. The same Gut I got about EJ a month before the draft last year. At this point I really wouldn't be shocked at all.

I think they'd love to sell Spiller if they can get any sort of value for him.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'll tell you guys what. I have this sneaking gut feeling they love Johnny Football. The same Gut I got about EJ a month before the draft last year. At this point I really wouldn't be shocked at all.

I'd absolutely love for them to be all in on Manziel. However I just don't see it. Unless everything they've said is one giant smokescreen.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo

I suppose it's still possible since they haven't addressed the backup position, although maybe they're fine with Thad there. I think OT is the odds-on favorite, though. From what I hear, they really like Matthews.

But, if you're looking to sell the team and give it a little boost, John Football could provide that. And this team definitely needs it.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It's hard to imagine that the front office has soured enough on Manuel to pick a QB with their first round pick. More than likely in their eyes the team has more pressing needs at OL followed by TE, S and DE that could be addressed with the 9th pick. Manuel needs to start 16 games this season to give the team an idea of his progression. If the team doesn't like what they see or it's another injury plagued season then a first round QB in 2015 is possible if the team deems a player worthy of that selection.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I'm not interested in reaching for a QB in two straight years. Clowney and Robinson are the elite prospects in this draft. There's no one else I'd move up to get. Still hoping that Matthews slides to them.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-owner-could-buy-bills-keep-them-in-buffalo/

Bills fans who want the team to stay in Buffalo got some good news with a report that billionaire Jeremy Jacobs, who has previously said the Bills should stay in Buffalo, has emerged as a strong candidate to buy the team from the estate of Ralph Wilson.

As much as I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo... I have trouble stomaching the prospect of JJ putting his grimy paws on my team. But if push came to shove...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Billionaire local guy who actually has won a world championship?? Yeah id love JJ here. Figured it would either be the Jacobs,Pegula or Golisano that buy it. Bon Jovi and the other Toronto/LA jack ***** can go to hell

ohheyimmark

Sep 20, 2006
Boston
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-owner-could-buy-bills-keep-them-in-buffalo/

As much as I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo... I have trouble stomaching the prospect of JJ putting his grimy paws on my team. But if push came to shove...

I thought the NFL prohibited an owner to own another pro sports team in a different city. Do I have that backwards?

Edit:

The fact that Jacobs owns the Bruins could complicate things, as the NFL does not allow owners to own franchises in other leagues unless those franchises are in the same market as the owner’s NFL team. But there are ways around that rule: When Stan Kroenke bought a controlling interest in the St. Louis Rams, he transferred his controlling interest in the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche to his son. The same could happen within the Jacobs family; Jeremy Jacobs Sr. could own the Bills while Jeremy Jacobs Jr. owns the Bruins, or vice versa.

Would be interesting if JJ did that with the Bruins. I'm not too hopeful.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'll be the minority, but I'd rather the Bills move then stay here with an owner limiting things again. Jacobs would be really bad.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead sorry, any post where you would rather have the Bills move then have a certain owner is just ridiculous. Are you even a Bills fan? All you do is trash the team and then post something wanting them to move away.

Oh yeah, Jacobs has really limited the Bruins too. It's not like they aren't a cap team or anything with one of the leagues highest payrolls...oh wait :sarcasm:

Jacobs would be a GREAT owner. He's making millions hand over fist just through Delaware North. The Bills falling into the Jacobs family would mean the Bills are here for generations to come. JJ has several sons who are involved and they would keep the team after JJ SR passes on in a long time god willing. You'd rather the Bills move then have a multi billionaire Buffalonian buy the team :lol::lol::lol: and no, you aren't in the minority, you are literally the only person who is a supposed Bills "fan" who would prefer to see them move because you don't like a certain owner. Jacobs would be a 10x better owner then Ralph, and Ralph wasn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad